KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Rank Grant Morrison's Metatextual Beings

Rank Grant Morrison's Metatextual Beings
Started by: Golgo13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
of course, on the other side, it seems dc is getting RID of all the alternates. i find the timing of publication between convergence and multiversity....odd. both are HUGE events, but is it me, or do they seem utterly and diametrically opposed....? confused guess we'll need to wait ans see. and maybe hope...?
Supposedly they'll link-up. I'm not very convinced of that yet, though.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 02:35 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

This thread is a Prep-man wet dream

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 02:43 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sj_Sharp

Until now, from what I've seen, it is:

Dax Novu/Thought Robot
Empty Hand
Gentry
Ultra Comics

Remeber that Dax Novu is/was, by far, the most powerful son/probe of God/Source/Primal Monitor/Overvoid (whatever you want to call it).
Still, there is obviously more to come so things may change.

Originally posted by Galan007
The Empty Hand
Thought-Robot/Mandrakk/The Gentry
Ultra

Anyway, I REALLY wish we would have seen more of Quantum Supes. That guy is ungodly powerful(perhaps even moreso than The Gentry themselves)

If you think that Quantum Superman, albeit he obviously is very powerful, could somehow pose a threat to The Gentry, how can you put the latter on par with the likes of Dax Novu/CA?
In FC QS served only as a "medium" for the matter-antimatter fusion, for the rest, compared to Dax Novu, he was way out of his league.

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 10:04 AM
Sj_Sharp is currently offline Click here to Send Sj_Sharp a Private Message Find more posts by Sj_Sharp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

The Gentry were also weaker in some universes it seemed, that might explain why they went down easy.

Assuming, of course, that TEH just didn't let them lose.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 11:10 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

The Empty Hand
Thought-Robot/Mandrakk/The Gentry
Ultra

Admittedly I haven't read the series, but the fact that herald level superheroes can even combat The Gentry makes me think they shouldn't even be counted in the same breath as Mandrakk and CAS

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 12:44 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

All I know is, the character design and art on Empty Hand is awesome.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 02:27 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

thumb up

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 03:05 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by psycho gundam
This thread is a Prep-man wet dream

Gushing..

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 04:01 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by zopzop
All I know is, the character design and art on Empty Hand is awesome.

A naked, horny man?

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 04:22 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blockythe1guy

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
A naked, horny man?

That has horns.

HORNSSSS.

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 05:25 PM
Blockythe1guy is currently offline Click here to Send Blockythe1guy a Private Message Find more posts by Blockythe1guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Sj_Sharp
If you think that Quantum Superman, albeit he obviously is very powerful, could somehow pose a threat to The Gentry, how can you put the latter on par with the likes of Dax Novu/CA?
In FC QS served only as a "medium" for the matter-antimatter fusion, for the rest, compared to Dax Novu, he was way out of his league.
QS also said that he was the endgame of the IDEA that spawned the likes of Superman and Ultraman... And even at a base level, the idea/story of Superman and Ultraman was ultimately enough to overcome Mandrakk, when placed in a higher-dimensional receiver(Thought-Robot.) QS is basically the hyper-evolved version of that idea/story--that's why he was "beyond conflict" all together. That said, we simply do not know if he was out of his league, as he didn't care to fight one way or the other... But I digress.

Either way(because I really don't care about this argument), I said "perhaps" in the post you quoted. Perhaps=/=certainty. So yeah...

Last edited by Galan007 on May 3rd, 2015 at 06:53 PM

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 06:50 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

should be an optional dictionary button beneath posts. i've had to do some clarifying recently too.

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 06:53 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sj_Sharp

QS also said that he was the endgame of the IDEA that spawned the likes of Superman and Ultraman... And even at a base level, the idea/story of Superman and Ultraman was ultimately enough to overcome Mandrakk, when placed in a higher-dimensional receiver(Thought-Robot.)

Either way(because I really don't care about this argument), I said "perhaps" in the post you quoted. Perhaps=/=certainty. So yeah...

You said it yourself thoug: "when place in a higher-dimensional receiver": it was the Thought Robot which let Superman even comprehend what Dax Novu was, without it Superman would have been totally useless.
QS thus may be an end-game Superman-type character (and he surely is, since he seemed way beyond the likes of Superman and Ultraman), but indirectly putting him on such high-end level (through your comparison QS-Gentry-Mandrakk) it's stretching his place in the story arc beyond belief, as far as I'm concerned.
If anything, it would be interesting to discuss if QS elevated in the TR could make the latter even more powerful, considering that he rightly is a kind of "evolution" of the concept of Superman.

As for the second part: come on, don't get so attached to semantics like that: nobody here is assuming all of this as a certainty; you were the first to bring out what it looked like a personal belief and I simply replied with my own question.
But since you don't care, I'll leave just here.

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 07:17 PM
Sj_Sharp is currently offline Click here to Send Sj_Sharp a Private Message Find more posts by Sj_Sharp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

You've taking everything I've said grossly out of context, lol. We're done here. thumb up

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 07:28 PM
Sj_Sharp

Ok, now it's more clear, it sounded strange indeed.
My apologies.

Last edited by Sj_Sharp on May 3rd, 2015 at 09:29 PM

Old Post May 3rd, 2015 09:20 PM