KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » DCnu Cyborg Vs Invisible Woman

DCnu Cyborg Vs Invisible Woman
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

I agree with you on her shredding someone like Cyborg. It would take her time and effort, and he'd be fighting, not standing.

This is me still thinking she wins, BTW.

Old Post May 4th, 2015 11:00 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Yeah, sonics have defeated her in the past. Cyborg might have the durability to survive until sonics or some other device can put her down. Don't really know a lot about new Cyborg.

Old Post May 4th, 2015 12:46 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

quote: (post)
Originally posted by basilisk
Yeah, sonics have defeated her in the past. Cyborg might have the durability to survive until sonics or some other device can put her down. Don't really know a lot about new Cyborg.

His weapons can activate without him consciously doing so - and it was powerful enough to disintegrate parademons:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...34197-jl4-4.jpg

Old Post May 4th, 2015 12:47 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Are we really comparing fts between these two? Really?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 4th, 2015 01:47 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by carver9
Are we really comparing fts between these two? Really?

Do you still think the scan I posted was non canon, carver?

But no, we are not comparing feats - we all know IW can do forcefields, bubbles to the brain etc. I am saying, without consciously thinking it, Cyborg's automatic systems will kick in if he is in danger, and will fire the white noise cannon - as confirmed on panel.

We know sonics affect Sue - as confirmed on panel.

So the bell rings, ASSUMING IW goes for the kill and attempts to blow Cyborg up from the inside off the bat (which, I am sure, you and I both would agree is OOC for her), his AI would kick in and fire the white noise at her.

Old Post May 4th, 2015 02:11 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

All valid points.
Both bring good offense and defense to the table. I'm actually a bit mire undecided now.

Old Post May 4th, 2015 02:19 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Sleep

Originally posted by krisblaze
I don't believe that Sue can just instantly shred someone with Cyborg's level of durability.

She can probably do it with some focus and time, but it'll take a more from her to disable Cyborg through pain/bodily harm than it will take from him to break her concentration.

Yeah, standard rules favors him imo. If morals were off, I'd guess a bubble brain bomb could out quick draw the sonic cannon.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 4th, 2015 02:38 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Do you still think the scan I posted was non canon, carver?

But no, we are not comparing feats - we all know IW can do forcefields, bubbles to the brain etc. I am saying, without consciously thinking it, Cyborg's automatic systems will kick in if he is in danger, and will fire the white noise cannon - as confirmed on panel.

We know sonics affect Sue - as confirmed on panel.

So the bell rings, ASSUMING IW goes for the kill and attempts to blow Cyborg up from the inside off the bat (which, I am sure, you and I both would agree is OOC for her), his AI would kick in and fire the white noise at her.

Sue has a habit of putting bubbles in the brain. How would Cyborg handle such an attack?

Old Post May 4th, 2015 02:44 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Sue has a habit of putting bubbles in the brain. How would Cyborg handle such an attack?

At the start of a fight, against someone who hasn't harmed her or her family? Scans?

If she DOES do it (and will be awaiting scans of this bloodlusted Sue), his AI kicks in, and without his brain controlling it, fires the white noise cannon (as shown in my scan). Which, as his own brain won't be controlling it, would be pretty damn devastating.

This is of course, ignoring the MASSIVE speed advantage he has in processing information and formulating tactics.

Old Post May 4th, 2015 03:03 PM
carver9

At the start of a fight, against someone who hasn't harmed her or her family? Scans?

If she DOES do it (and will be awaiting scans of this bloodlusted Sue), his AI kicks in, and without his brain controlling it, fires the white noise cannon (as shown in my scan). Which, as his own brain won't be controlling it, would be pretty damn devastating.

This is of course, ignoring the MASSIVE speed advantage he has in processing information and formulating tactics.

They are starting some distance away. I'm pretty sure she would be ok once he launch this attack.

She recently did it against Hulk and she knows Hulk doesn't kill...especially this Hulk that has been working closely with Reed. Yeah, he gets a bubble to the brain.

Old Post May 4th, 2015 03:06 PM
DarkSaint85

They are starting some distance away. I'm pretty sure she would be ok once he launch this attack.

She recently did it against Hulk and she knows Hulk doesn't kill...especially this Hulk that has been working closely with Reed. Yeah, he gets a bubble to the brain.

Reposting, as you haven't seen it:

The cannon blew from the basement, through concrete and steel, out through the roof of a (2nd? 3rd?) story building, into the sky.

Starting distance is only 500m, with only air between them. She won't be OK.

Scans, please of her doing it with someone she has never fought before?

Also, you DO know he has self-repairing nanites etc, which built his current body, right? And that he is made of promethium on top of that?

And again, you are ignoring his massive reflex speed advantage. His computer systems are much faster than a human's.

Old Post May 4th, 2015 03:12 PM
carver9

Reposting, as you haven't seen it:

The cannon blew from the basement, through concrete and steel, out through the roof of a (2nd? 3rd?) story building, into the sky.

Starting distance is only 500m, with only air between them. She won't be OK.

Scans, please of her doing it with someone she has never fought before?

Also, you DO know he has self-repairing nanites etc, which built his current body, right? And that he is made of promethium on top of that?

And again, you are ignoring his massive reflex speed advantage. His computer systems are much faster than a human's.

She did it to a friend of her husband. I see no reason on why she wouldn't do it to a walking robot (appearance).

So you have some scans of Cyborg reacting faster than the speed of thought? Can't wait for this.

Old Post May 4th, 2015 03:25 PM
DarkSaint85

She did it to a friend of her husband. I see no reason on why she wouldn't do it to a walking robot (appearance).

So you have some scans of Cyborg reacting faster than the speed of thought? Can't wait for this.

Except Cyborg - looks like a cyborg. A kid, still. That's how in JLA 1, they knew not to attack him (even though he was using Boom Tubes like the parademons). His appearance is still a major factor.

He operates at the speed of thought. Except he thinks far faster than normal humans. Want me to showcase scans of his computer mind working quickly? It's almost as if you don't know who Cyborg is. Have you only watched him in the JLA movies?

Here is a thread, which will essentially rehash everything for you. Bear in mind, this was Cyborg vs Spiderman, who I wager is faster than Sue.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=1

Old Post May 4th, 2015 03:37 PM
-K-M-

I'm still not seeing why we would believe she would do the brain bubble right away in this fight. Apparently doing it 1-5x times out of thousands of comic book appearances means you do it regularly. Sounds like your debating powersets carver.

Old Post May 4th, 2015 03:45 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Except Cyborg - looks like a cyborg. A kid, still. That's how in JLA 1, they knew not to attack him (even though he was using Boom Tubes like the parademons). His appearance is still a major factor.

He operates at the speed of thought. Except he thinks far faster than normal humans. Want me to showcase scans of his computer mind working quickly? It's almost as if you don't know who Cyborg is. Have you only watched him in the JLA movies?

Here is a thread, which will essentially rehash everything for you. Bear in mind, this was Cyborg vs Spiderman, who I wager is faster than Sue.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=1

laughing out loud

I know who Cyborg is, Dark. What I am saying is, can he attack her faster than the speed of thought? Because that's how fast he would have to be in order to do the things you are saying he would do.

Yes, his appearance is a major factor but she can disassemble him. Her options are wide.

Old Post May 4th, 2015 03:48 PM
carver9

Originally posted by -K-M-
I'm still not seeing why we would believe she would do the brain bubble right away in this fight. Apparently doing it 1-5x times out of thousands of comic book appearances means you do it regularly. Sounds like your debating powersets carver.

How often has Cyborg used the white noise? What's the percentage?

Old Post May 4th, 2015 03:49 PM
-K-M-

New 52? Similar to IW brain bubble I'd say. He uses sonics a lot, but the white noise attack? I honestly am not even sure how many times he has done it

Old Post May 4th, 2015 03:51 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

So glad you asked.

1. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...%29+001-027.jpg
2. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...%29+029-017.jpg
3. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...2910-jl27_7.jpg
4. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...hegroup_005.jpg
5. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...n_16_pg_015.jpg
6. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...hegroup_009.jpg
7. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...hegroup_008.jpg

Not to mention, of course, the first time he used it.

So, if we were to take every fight DCnU Cyborg has been in (and bear in mind, he's often used as a transport, or he usually stays behind to coordinate things on the Watchtower), then it's a pretty high percentage. Certainly higher than your attempts at IW and arguing powersets. We argue in character here, carver.

Not to mention, your attempts at 'in character' arguing are laughable. As I have shown, Cyborg's weapons systems can attack WITHOUT Cyborg even knowing what is happening. You are, in effect, attempting to argue that a cold, logical AI would 'in character' decide NOT to use it. Whether Cyborg himself uses it is moot - ultimately, if IW is going for the attack, his weapon systems take over.

Old Post May 4th, 2015 04:01 PM
carver9

So glad you asked.

1. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...%29+001-027.jpg
2. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...%29+029-017.jpg
3. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...2910-jl27_7.jpg
4. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...hegroup_005.jpg
5. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...n_16_pg_015.jpg
6. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...hegroup_009.jpg
7. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...hegroup_008.jpg

Not to mention, of course, the first time he used it.

So, if we were to take every fight DCnU Cyborg has been in (and bear in mind, he's often used as a transport, or he usually stays behind to coordinate things on the Watchtower), then it's a pretty high percentage. Certainly higher than your attempts at IW and arguing powersets. We argue in character here, carver.

Not to mention, your attempts at 'in character' arguing are laughable. As I have shown, Cyborg's weapons systems can attack WITHOUT Cyborg even knowing what is happening. You are, in effect, attempting to argue that a cold, logical AI would 'in character' decide NOT to use it. Whether Cyborg himself uses it is moot - ultimately, if IW is going for the attack, his weapon systems take over.

Are you sure all of those attacks are one of the same and even if it was, it seems like the distance of the attack sucks. That's my opinion on it though. So how many times out of 10 would he do this attack?

Old Post May 4th, 2015 04:13 PM
DarkSaint85

Are you sure all of those attacks are one of the same and even if it was, it seems like the distance of the attack sucks. That's my opinion on it though. So how many times out of 10 would he do this attack?

Look at the configuration of his arm flaps (lol). His arm looks like a starfish. Some artists depict it as red, usually white though. Sometimes accompanied by a VUMMMM sound, sometimes not. What is constant, though, is that it looks like a starfish.

As for the distance, it's down to his control - he IS a hero, after all.

But if he is in danger, and his brain is being attacked - his AI will take over, and it will be devastating for IW. Her best bet is NOT to attack his mind, otherwise, Cyborg will not be in control, and the machine would destroy her.

As for how many times....he's been in, what, 15 fights? And has used them nearly 10 times? So 2 in 3 times, if you REALLY want to go the h1a8 route, or nearly 70% of the time.

But this assumes he is in control.

When he ISN'T in control, 10 out of 10 times, the AI defaults and uses the white noise cannon. And it is on maximum power - disintegrating everything before it.

Old Post May 4th, 2015 04:34 PM