KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » (Rematch) The Hulk (MCU) VS Thor (MCU)

(Rematch) The Hulk (MCU) VS Thor (MCU)
Started by: danielgamer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (64): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack Fair
No. I'm saying Thor was becoming angrier the more Iron Man got in his way. Pretty similar to how Tony kept pissing off the Hulk.

Yes little lightning compared to the stuff Thor has shown when he is tasked to give it his all.

Thor would most likely be able to tear the armor to shreds if he wanted to. I think that was the entire point of the scene lol.

If Tony was in his way, why not end the fight immediately 'if you had the power'? Also, was Tony holding back against Thor or was he going all out?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 6th, 2015 06:33 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Originally posted by carver9
1. Go for the kill without going all out? Hard question to answer since he hammer swing on Cap shield leveled the forest.

2. Kill without meaning? No.

3. Answer this. Would Thor try to kill someone that would tell him to put his hammer down? If not, what would cause him to try to kill someone who brought up something so simple?

1. Ok, he "went for the kill" against Frost Giants in his first movie yet he never went "all out" against any of them. It wasn't needed to kill them so he didn't do it.

2. Ok here's where you are completely 100% wrong. YOU can kill without meaning to with something as simple as a punch in the right location. You really think Thor could not accidently kill someone with a hammer strike?

3. You are acting as if that was all that happened there. Like Thor was just hanging out in the woods minding his own business and Cap shows up and threw him into a rage with a sentence. Thor was becoming more and more pissed as the night went on and for whatever reason that was the straw.

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post May 6th, 2015 06:34 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by juggerman
1. Ok, he "went for the kill" against Frost Giants in his first movie yet he never went "all out" against any of them. It wasn't needed to kill them so he didn't do it.

2. Ok here's where you are completely 100% wrong. YOU can kill without meaning to with something as simple as a punch in the right location. You really think Thor could not accidently kill someone with a hammer strike?

3. You are acting as if that was all that happened there. Like Thor was just hanging out in the woods minding his own business and Cap shows up and threw him into a rage with a sentence. Thor was becoming more and more pissed as the night went on and for whatever reason that was the straw.

Was Ironman going all out when he fought Thor?

Cap asked him to drop his hammer. Why would that put anyone in a rage? Unless, they were pissed beforehand.

Old Post May 6th, 2015 06:35 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

If Tony was in his way, why not end the fight immediately 'if you had the power'? Also, was Tony holding back against Thor or was he going all out?
Because Thor is not a killer/murderer. He only unleashed the lightning after Tony already showed he could take some by tanking(if that can be called tanking) the hammer toss. I don't know if Tony was giving it his all, but he sure got pumped when Thor accidentally overcharged him.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post May 6th, 2015 06:36 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Because Thor is not a killer/murderer. He only unleashed the lightning after Tony already showed he could take some by tanking(if that can be called tanking) the hammer toss. I don't know if Tony was giving it his all, but he sure got pumped when Thor accidentally overcharged him.

He tried to crush Tony head with the hammer. I guess we see difference in the meaning of holding back.

So you're admitting both Tony and Thor was holding back?

Old Post May 6th, 2015 06:37 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

He tried to crush Tony head with the hammer. I guess we see difference in the meaning of holding back.

So you're admitting both Tony and Thor was holding back?
I didn't say Thor was holding back, did I? I said he started the fight mad, and gradually became angrier until Tony and Cap's interference prompted him to bust the forest.

Hard to tell with Tony. Thor was angry, but not "immediately going out for the instant kill" like you are trying to claim.

Last edited by Zack Fair on May 6th, 2015 at 06:42 PM

Old Post May 6th, 2015 06:39 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Was Ironman going all out when he fought Thor?

Cap asked him to drop his hammer. Why would that put anyone in a rage? Unless, they were pissed beforehand.

If you are asking if Stark used everything he could, the answer is no.

He was pissed, I said that already. But pissed=/=bloodlusted.

Old Post May 6th, 2015 06:40 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

I didn't say Thor was holding back, did I? I said he started the fight mad, and gradually became angry until Tony and Cap's interference prompted him to bust the forest.

What about Ironman? Was he giving it his all or was he under the same influence as Thor mentally?.

Old Post May 6th, 2015 06:40 PM
carver9

If you are asking if Stark used everything he could, the answer is no.

He was pissed, I said that already. But pissed=/=bloodlusted.

So both were holding back?

Old Post May 6th, 2015 06:41 PM
juggerman

So both were holding back?

In a way, yes.

I'd say Tony didn't use everything he could have but the stuff he did use, he used to the best of his ability

Thor otoh, did not use everything he could have AND did not use everything he did use to the fullest of his ability. Make any sense?

Old Post May 6th, 2015 06:45 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Has Thor ever been Knocked the **** out? Because Hulk has, twice. And the means to do so are well within Thor's powerset.

Old Post May 6th, 2015 06:46 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Hulk was in berserk mode when he fought IM. Also when he fought Thor. We've never seen Thor in berserk mode. That would be scary.

Old Post May 6th, 2015 06:48 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

In a way, yes.

I'd say Tony didn't use everything he could have but the stuff he did use, he used to the best of his ability

Thor otoh, did not use everything he could have AND did not use everything he did use to the fullest of his ability. Make any sense?

I think you are basing your argument off of collateral damage and I disagree with everything you said. Example...we have seen what Hulk punching power could achieve (big worm showing and the shockwaves made during his fight with Ironman). Just because we didn't see that kind of power during his fight against Thor, would you say Hulk was holding back?

Some scenes are shown different. Sometimes you get an explosive showing of collateral damage and sometimes you don't. Doesn't mean the character was holding back.

Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by FrothByte
Hulk was in berserk mode when he fought IM. Also when he fought Thor. We've never seen Thor in berserk mode. That would be scary.

True that. thumb up

Well unless they write him like a 2nd rate Hulk. Then he'd just suck.

carver9

Originally posted by FrothByte

What does berserker mode even mean and that doesn't have a thing to do with Thor holding back or not.

Old Post May 6th, 2015 06:51 PM
juggerman

I think you are basing your argument off of collateral damage and I disagree with everything you said. Example...we have seen what Hulk punching power could achieve (big worm showing and the shockwaves made during his fight with Ironman). Just because we didn't see that kind of power during his fight against Thor, would you say Hulk was holding back?

Some scenes are shown different. Sometimes you get an explosive showing of collateral damage and sometimes you don't. Doesn't mean the character was holding back.

Not one thing I said was about collateral damage. No I wouldn't say Hulk was holding back, I would say Hulk didn't hit Thor like the hit the other two because he couldn't. Also the L-punch would have sent Thor flying, not crumpled him up in a similar manner

Old Post May 6th, 2015 06:52 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Hulk's clearly the favorite if this was purely hand to hand and Thor had no Mjolnir (Although I think it'd still be a crazy battle due to Thor's ridiculous durability/damage soak that is definitely on par with Hulk's imo, far superior h2h skills and own immense strength) but in all out battle Thor wins.

With all due respect to the Hulk, but as it stands, ONE lightning charged strike from Mjolnir would f*ck his day up right now.

Old Post May 6th, 2015 06:54 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Not one thing I said was about collateral damage. No I wouldn't say Hulk was holding back, I would say Hulk didn't hit Thor like the hit the other two because he couldn't. Also the L-punch would have sent Thor flying, not crumpled him up in a similar manner

If it isn't about collateral then again, you honestly don't have anything helping you with your argument here about Ironman vs Thor. The only thing you have is assumptions. No hard facts at all. Thor wanted Tony out if his way...if there was a power difference as big as you say it is, then he should've been able to easily dismantle Ironman. Wasn't the case here. We seen a long fight between the two. An even fight. Hell, Ironman landed the most blows. So again, I disagree with everything you said.

Old Post May 6th, 2015 06:58 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor's ridiculous durability/damage soak that is definitely on par with Hulk's imo
Thor can take a punch and then some thumb up

Old Post May 6th, 2015 07:06 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Well if we're just talking about collateral damage then Thor clearly has the most destructive capabilities. Neither IM nor Hulk has ever created damage equivalent to the jotunheim buster.

Old Post May 6th, 2015 07:07 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote