KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The New Mutants

The New Mutants
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

gonna wait and watch on disney plus

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2020 02:09 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

I'll watch it on the computer. Not going to any theater.

By Stoic

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2020 02:43 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

This is getting absolutely lambasted by the critics. Its only at 29% on Rotten Tomatoes. Yikes. Damn, I was hoping this was going to be good.

By Stoic

Old Post Aug 29th, 2020 05:24 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by tkitna
This is getting absolutely lambasted by the critics. Its only at 29% on Rotten Tomatoes. Yikes. Damn, I was hoping this was going to be good.

Disappointing, but not surprising.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2020 05:26 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Without spoiling anything its a little better than Dark Phoenix IMO. But for me it definitely has vibes of being a higher budget Hulu into the Dark film. For the positives Illyana reminds me of the vampires from the Lost Boys, just a snarky and slightly evil 80's villain and whenever she's on screen she kills it. Dani and Rahne have a lot of good moments, but I felt like everyone aside from Dani and Illyana were kind of wasted. That and the villain itself [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Isn't so much a villain as a psychic manifestation of Dani's powers. We probably wont be seeing these characters for a long time, but there are some good moments here but the film really takes like 50 minutes to get going

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 29th, 2020 06:51 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by tkitna

Part of me wants to say "Just because Critics and RT don't like it..."
but then I remind myself. This is a Latter Day Fox X-Men Movie.....so yeah.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2020 07:20 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Went and saw this last night. Was nice going back to the theater especially because it was completely empty.

Anyways the movie wasn’t too bad. I don’t really understand why it was delayed for so long. It was simply mediocre. Lot of mediocre movies come out and do fine so I don’t get why they were so concerned over this one. Overall I enjoyed it. Cast had good chemistry and I liked the idea behind it. Kinda a quasi horror film mixed with a coming of age teen drama.

Biggest complaint were the terrible accents they had the actors doing. One of the characters was supposed to be Russian and the actress’ accent was laughable.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2020 05:22 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Saw this tonight. Actually really enjoyed the first and second acts. Took elements from Sphere, Event Horizon and IT with the manifestation of fears. Some controversial elements with the references to child abuse and underage lesbian stuff.

Then it takes a hard turn into laughable awfulness in the last act that completely ruins it.

Very much stinks of executive interference and demanding a more mainstream ending that is just terribly executed. A total rubbish fight sequence with moronic use of the character's powers.

Shame really. Reminds me of what they did at the end of 10 Cloveefield Lane. That's how stupid and unconnected the ending feels.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2020 09:30 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

This was a bad film, saw it this afternoon in an empty cinema.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2020 08:00 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Watched this last night finally. I actually thought it was alright. Yes, the ending sucked and I hated the portrayal of Illyana, but it wasnt as bad as I was expecting overall.

By Stoic

Old Post Nov 8th, 2020 09:35 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by -Pr-
New Mutants - Not the trainwreck I expected, but not very good either. I feel like it had all the elements of a really good movie, it just... wasn't put together well. I have to credit Fox though, and how consistent they are with hiring bad writers for their X-Men movies.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 12:31 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovert Potato

Movie was horrendous, almost all of it.

Spoiler:

The only thing I liked was them making you think that this was a "pre X-men school" clinic of sorts, and then we see Essex Corporation.

I hoped we would see more of the Essex side of things. They've teased it in Deadpool as well. I want to see Nathaniel Essex damnit!

code:
My IQ Tests (YouTube) James Bond Jason Bourne

Old Post Nov 11th, 2020 02:18 AM
Kovert Potato is currently offline Click here to Send Kovert Potato a Private Message Find more posts by Kovert Potato Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Caught this last night. Started out as an okay horror/suspense flick and then it turns into outright shit. The last 20mins or so are laugh out loud bad.

The character Magik was trash, she annoyed me the whole film. Which was a surprise, as the actress was solid in Split (2016).

And the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: giant psychic terror bear, on my! Trash. Trash. Trash.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 11th, 2020 06:46 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote