KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Meetra Surik vs. ROTJ Luke Skywalker (lightsabers only)

Meetra Surik vs. ROTJ Luke Skywalker (lightsabers only)
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Selenial
I Choose Violence

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jmanghan
ROTJ Luke beat Vader in pure sabers though...

Where do you even put Meetra in terms of tiering???

What has Meetra ever done that is even close to that?

He didn't though, he was on the Back foot the entire time and only actually won when a rage induced force-strength match with Vader put him ahead. Vader wasn't trying to kill him, he was trying to convert him, Luke had no such reservations at that point.

Oh, and Meetra beat a superior force user on a "Collosal geyser of pure dark side energy" that made her physically ill, using her skills with a blade. Noting of course that Traya was herself a Lightsaber Master.

Kotor 2 Exile tier wise? Idk, I vary a lot.

Old Post May 15th, 2015 10:00 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Revan would probably win, being god and all. The Heart of the Force, and some such nonsense.

Surik would probably make him work for it, but without her Force advantage, she'd still lose against RotJ Luke. She'd have a chance against ESB Luke, though.

See, Lightsaber only includes all saber bolstering powers, and Force Enlightenment is literally the highest tier of Saber-boosting powers you can have, tbh.

Last edited by Selenial on May 15th, 2015 at 10:09 PM

Old Post May 15th, 2015 10:01 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

That's why I said he'd have to work for it. Unless you mean against Revan, and then that's just a lost cause.

Old Post May 15th, 2015 10:07 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Selenial
He didn't though, he was on the Back foot the entire time and only actually won when a rage induced force-strength match with Vader put him ahead. Vader wasn't trying to kill him, he was trying to convert him, Luke had no such reservations at that point.

Oh, and Meetra beat a superior force user on a "Collosal geyser of pure dark side energy" that made her physically ill, using her skills with a blade. Noting of course that Traya was herself a Lightsaber Master.

Kotor 2 Exile tier wise? Idk, I vary a lot.

Force rage is not a real force power, it's a stupid move in TFU that I've never ever seen used anywhere else.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post May 15th, 2015 10:10 PM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
That's why I said he'd have to work for it. Unless you mean against Revan, and then that's just a lost cause.

Yeh but I'm confused by your logic. Let's analyse this right?

I've said she has: Speed advantage, Strength advantage, knowledge advantage, skill advantage, experience advantage and more.

Y'all's response is: He beat Vader doe.

Well, no. There were other reasons behind why he beat Vader. We don't have conclusive evidence to say Surik wouldn't, they've never fought. A>B>C logic is fail logic, so prove he's better at any of the above categories and we'll talk.

Old Post May 15th, 2015 10:10 PM
Jmanghan

No, he beat Vader legit, and it is canon (apparently) that Vader = ROTJ Luke.

Old Post May 15th, 2015 10:19 PM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

How does the Exile have a speed, strength, and skill advantage? "He beat Vader doe," is good evidence that she lacks all of those things here, and knowledge won't exactly make her a Battlemaster.

Old Post May 15th, 2015 10:19 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Also, Luke was holding back way more in the beginning then Vader was, at least Vader was actively trying to attack him, when Luke was all "I will not fight you, Father".

Seriously, Luke didn't even make an attempt to hurt him in the slightest until Vader started spouting all that shit about Leia.

Then, Luke beat Vader, badly.

LIKE, really, REALLY badly.

Old Post May 15th, 2015 10:22 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

REALLY REALLY badly?

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post May 15th, 2015 10:23 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

I have no idea why that made me laugh so hard.

Old Post May 15th, 2015 10:25 PM
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Force rage is not a real force power, it's a stupid move in TFU that I've never ever seen used anywhere else.

Please stop, this post made me lose faith in the fanbase(or what was left of it at least).

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post May 16th, 2015 04:15 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Yet Revan would still "kick her ass." thumb up

I'm siding with Luke. The guy fought Vader to a stalemate in pure lightsabers - I'm not sure even Revan could do that.

Your lack of faith in Revan is disturbing.

Old Post May 16th, 2015 04:29 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Luke probably takes this in a decent fight if anything. I'm not sure where to rank her in terms of skill, but none of what's being posted suggests she could defeat someone who can fight on even terms with Vader.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post May 16th, 2015 04:29 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Your lack of faith in Revan is disturbing.

Shots fired.

Old Post May 16th, 2015 04:30 AM
Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

revan and his fanboys sux tbh

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post May 16th, 2015 04:34 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Meetra is a highly competent lightsaber combatant, IMHO. She outdueled Fallen Jedi Master Atris, Handmaidens, Darth Sion, Darth Traya and Imperial Guards. This is very impressive performance since most of these opponents are officially master swordsmen.

A single loss doesn't takes away from Meetra's holistic performance. Luke Skywalker have lost and struggled in battles too, do we hold his losses and struggles against him?

Old Post May 16th, 2015 04:35 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
revan and his fanboys sux tbh

Yep. Especially since all he did was bring shame on House Shan.

Old Post May 16th, 2015 04:37 AM
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Based
Shots fired.

Countered with a Lightsaber. Then unleashed a wave of energy towards the shooters.

Old Post May 16th, 2015 04:38 AM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Meetra is a highly competent lightsaber combatant, IMHO. She outdueled Fallen Jedi Master Atris, Handmaidens, Darth Sion, Darth Traya and Imperial Guards. This is very impressive performance since most of these opponents are officially master swordsmen.

A single loss doesn't takes away from Meetra's holistic performance. Luke Skywalker have lost and struggled in battles too, do we hold his losses and struggles against him?

Saesee Tiin was a "master swordsman".

Let that sink in for a bit.

Old Post May 16th, 2015 05:34 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Meetra has feats to put her very easily above Saesee Tiin, though. She just has nothing to indicate she can defeat someone that bested Vader. Saesee is quite literally nothing but accolades and a brief spar with Windu

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post May 16th, 2015 05:37 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote