KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Meetra Surik vs. ROTJ Luke Skywalker (lightsabers only)

Meetra Surik vs. ROTJ Luke Skywalker (lightsabers only)
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Beniboybling
Worst Member

I think its only sensible to suggest this would be a close duel, considering the Exile took on and defeated an entire academy of Sith and then defeated Darth Traya on possibly the strongest dark side nexus in galactic history...

Credit where credit is due.

Old Post May 17th, 2015 09:28 AM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Except she's nowhere near that powerful anymore, none of that was sabers only, and her wound is definitely healed by the time of the novel.

Old Post May 17th, 2015 06:32 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nargaroth

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Beniboybling
I think its only sensible to suggest this would be a close duel, considering the Exile took on and defeated an entire academy of Sith and then defeated Darth Traya on possibly the strongest dark side nexus in galactic history...

Credit where credit is due.

But how do we know that she killed them by virtue of skill alone? How many of them did she beat together?

Also, I don't recall any official information about what she did in the Trayus Academy, and if we go by gameplay, it is possible to avoid most of those encounters via stealth. If I'm wrong, please post some quotes.

Darth Vader Respect Thread (Part 3)
--
¦ Other Respect Threads ¦

Old Post May 17th, 2015 06:43 PM
Click here to Send Nargaroth a Private Message Find more posts by Nargaroth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Except she's nowhere near that powerful anymore, none of that was sabers only, and her wound is definitely healed by the time of the novel.
Originally posted by carthage
This is KOTOR 2 version.
Not that I agree with the idea that the Exile's powers all came from her wound.

Old Post May 17th, 2015 06:43 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by Nargaroth
But how do we know that she killed them by virtue of skill alone? How many of them did she beat together?

Also, I don't recall any official information about what she did in the Trayus Academy, and if we go by gameplay, it is possible to avoid most of those encounters via stealth. If I'm wrong, please post some quotes.

It's stated that she killed a Legion of elite assassins... So.....

Old Post May 17th, 2015 06:53 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Should that be a surprise? Her wound allows her to feed on both the presence of those around her, and by all those she kills. Mega-amp is mega-amp.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post May 17th, 2015 06:57 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Not that I agree with the idea that the Exile's powers all came from her wound.

She was also drawing off a bond she had with her companions, all of which were Force Sensitive, and Kreia.

As to the rest, that was said in game, so it really doesn't matter what your opinion is.

Old Post May 17th, 2015 06:59 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

She was also drawing off a bond she had with her companions, all of which were Force Sensitive, and Kreia.

As to the rest, that was said in game, so it really doesn't matter what your opinion is.

The bonds were two way though.

Old Post May 17th, 2015 07:00 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

I really don't see how that matters. Kreia isn't getting an amp from the Exile.

Old Post May 17th, 2015 07:01 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

I really don't see how that matters. Kreia isn't getting an amp from the Exile.

All of her party members were, they were in the Trayus academy being tortured and shit. Seeing as no other force user has ever resisted Malachor, and they're inferior to Surik, It's logical to assume what got them through it was her bond. Not to mention she weakened herself by going out of her way to save them.

Oh and Ant, seeing as they couldn't feed off Surik, and they were supposedly lesser versions of Surik, I don't see why she could feed off them.

Old Post May 17th, 2015 07:14 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Quote they couldn't feed on her? And them and Surik weren't the same.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post May 17th, 2015 07:19 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Not sure why this bond thing is being brought up considering none of Suirk's companions are around here and she doesn't have a bond with Luke.

Let's just look at the actual stuff here please?

Also the term Legion can be vague, so while Suirk may have defeated an entire Legion of Sith Assassins...what is exactly that number? Take note that this is the remains of a leftover Empire and the Sith Trimuvirate was small as it is.

So let's look at things that can actually be noted, such as speed, strength, skill and so on.

Last edited by Zenwolf on May 17th, 2015 at 07:29 PM

Old Post May 17th, 2015 07:23 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Quote they couldn't feed on her? And them and Surik weren't the same.

That's your opinion, one that literally everyone in the game disagrees on, since they all say the Assassins learned their technique from Surik and malachor developed them in the same way.

Old Post May 17th, 2015 07:32 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

I don't remember it being said in the game that the Exile was dependent on her bonds for power, or that once her wound closed, she would lose her power. And her Force bonds would likely have been nullified on Malachor, it also seems very unlikely that Kreia's bond with the Exile still existed post-betrayal.

Last edited by Beniboybling on May 17th, 2015 at 07:51 PM

Old Post May 17th, 2015 07:47 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

I don't remember it being said in the game that the Exile was dependent on her bonds for power, or that once her wound closed, she would lose her power.

Well it was, but the game also says it was based on proximity.

But of course, any chance to lowball the exile by ignoring quotes is fine.

Old Post May 17th, 2015 07:48 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by Selenial
Well it was, but the game also says it was based on proximity.

But of course, any chance to lowball the exile by ignoring quotes is fine.
As far as I'm aware its said that she feeds of their strength, but that's different from being dependent on it.

i.e. that without her buddies, the Exile was lawls weak.

Old Post May 17th, 2015 07:52 PM
Zenwolf

So anyway here....can we actually get into actual feats of speed, strength, skill and so on here? Ya know, stuff that is actually quantifiable? Enough of this bond nonsense.

Old Post May 17th, 2015 08:03 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Bond nonsense? Such heresies.

Old Post May 17th, 2015 08:17 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Selenial
All of her party members were, they were in the Trayus academy being tortured and shit. Seeing as no other force user has ever resisted Malachor, and they're inferior to Surik, It's logical to assume what got them through it was her bond. Not to mention she weakened herself by going out of her way to save them.

Only the Battle of Malachor V was a definite. The reason no one else resisted Malachor was because they were all tortured until they broke. Obviously there wasn't enough time for that.

Kreia was talking about a metaphorical weakness of being a Light Sider, not actually getting weaker.

Old Post May 17th, 2015 09:48 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

they were all tortured until they broke.

False.

Old Post May 17th, 2015 09:52 PM