KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Captain America Vs Nightwing...

Captain America Vs Nightwing...
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Captain America Vs Nightwing...

...who is better trained in H2H?

A little background:
Was in a thread a few weeks back (not here), where a poster was claiming Cap had "travelled the world" training with "the best". Has trained with gods and aliens, etc.
Despite that not being an established part of his back story.
To my knowledge, Cap went through an intense "boot camp" after the SSS, then fought for 3-4 years, was frozen, and depending on where Marvel's sliding timeline's at, has been fighting with/leading the Avengers and having solo adventures for roughly what, 10-12 years? A little longer?
I know HE's trained people on the Avengers, though.

My question isnt if Cap can beat NW, though thats up to you to decide. I'm asking who's actually had the most/better training, given both characters' histories/timelines.
Use pre 52 NW, please, so as to better compare with Cap.

Old Post May 18th, 2015 11:18 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Cap has been unfrozen since the sixties though?

Cap has been trained by/with every avenger from Moon Dragon & Mantis to Shang Chi, Iron Fist & Wolverine.

Old Post May 18th, 2015 01:29 PM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horus1
Pantheon Caretaker

The SSS does alot for Cap imo. There is no way in that short of an amount of time that Cap has trained in every martial art form on the planet. It's a little hard to believe that Batman has as well, but ya know, comics, and that's his thing. I think a fight between PreNu52 Nightwing and Cap would be alot better than people would give credit to Grayson for.

Old Post May 18th, 2015 03:18 PM
Horus1 is currently offline Click here to Send Horus1 a Private Message Find more posts by Horus1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Why?

Steve is as good at preboot Grayson at his best attributes and better at everything else.

Old Post May 18th, 2015 05:47 PM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Cap isn't even close to Dick in acrobatic skills.

erm

Old Post May 18th, 2015 05:52 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

quote: (post)
Originally posted by abhilegend

erm

I'll play...

kindly present something Dick can do that, IYO, Cap is physically unable to replicate.

Old Post May 18th, 2015 06:09 PM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Originally posted by abhilegend

erm

Not even a little close ? huh

Old Post May 18th, 2015 06:18 PM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Re: Captain America Vs Nightwing...

Originally posted by riv6672
To my knowledge, Cap went through an intense "boot camp" after the SSS

After and before, I believe.

Old Post May 18th, 2015 06:23 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dream Stuff

Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Why?

Steve is as good at preboot Grayson at his best attributes and better at everything else.

Preboot Grayson carried dozens of mini grenades, sonics, flashbangs, adhesives, an electric charge in his suit and a laser, off the top of my head. with his skill, he'd definitely make Steve work for it.

As for the topic at hand, I'd say that while Dick had better training in the beginning, they are both veterans of countless martial arts and super powered battles against and alongside anyone with any game in their universes. At this point, I'd say its pretty even.

Old Post May 18th, 2015 07:34 PM
Dream Stuff is currently offline Click here to Send Dream Stuff a Private Message Find more posts by Dream Stuff Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

Re: Captain America Vs Nightwing...

...who is better trained in H2H?

A little background:
Was in a thread a few weeks back (not here), where a poster was claiming Cap had "travelled the world" training with "the best". Has trained with gods and aliens, etc.
Despite that not being an established part of his back story.
To my knowledge, Cap went through an intense "boot camp" after the SSS, then fought for 3-4 years, was frozen, and depending on where Marvel's sliding timeline's at, has been fighting with/leading the Avengers and having solo adventures for roughly what, 10-12 years? A little longer?
I know HE's trained people on the Avengers, though.

My question isnt if Cap can beat NW, though thats up to you to decide. I'm asking who's actually had the most/better training, given both characters' histories/timelines.
Use pre 52 NW, please, so as to better compare with Cap.
Grayson himself has had his history subjected to a crunched timeline. I recall posters going over this a year into the New 52. It turned out that Grayson, Todd and Drake were Robins for ludicrously short periods of time.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post May 18th, 2015 08:26 PM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Nightwing trounces Cap in h2h skill, cap will probably win a fight due to enhanced stats due to the serum but this is a kid who was trained by Batman since his pre teen years, Batman > Nightwing > Cap in skills

Old Post May 18th, 2015 08:47 PM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

LOL!!!

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post May 18th, 2015 08:49 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

Originally posted by relentless1
Nightwing trounces Cap in...

You cant prove ANYthing that can possibly follow that start of that sentence. Though you'd try valiently, your cap library needs more reading.

Last edited by Juk3n on May 18th, 2015 at 09:23 PM

Old Post May 18th, 2015 09:18 PM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dream Stuff

Originally posted by relentless1
Nightwing trounces Cap in h2h skill, cap will probably win a fight due to enhanced stats due to the serum but this is a kid who was trained by Batman since his pre teen years, Batman > Nightwing > Cap in skills

Simply "training with" someone great doesn't necessarily mean you end up better trained. Is Tim Drake better trained because he studied under Lady Shiva AND Bruce?

If you're going to insist on sticing tothat logic, let me remind you that Cap trains with Shang Chi.

Old Post May 18th, 2015 09:26 PM
Dream Stuff is currently offline Click here to Send Dream Stuff a Private Message Find more posts by Dream Stuff Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Cap has been unfrozen since the sixties though?

Seriously, man? Seriously?

Old Post May 18th, 2015 10:31 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Remember i'm just asking who's better trained.
The guy who's back story is being taken in and taught by Batman for over a decade while engaging grown criminals and super villains, or the guy who received 2-4 months training in WWII, had OJT for 3-4 years and has spent most of the modern era on a team.

Old Post May 18th, 2015 10:35 PM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

The guy who's back story is being taken in and taught by Batman for over a decade while engaging grown criminals and super villains, or the guy who received 2-4 months training in WWII, had OJT for 3-4 years and has spent most of the modern era on a team.

exactly, I'm not saying Nightwing would beat Cap in a fight necessarily so calm down, but i am saying he is better trained for sure

Old Post May 18th, 2015 11:30 PM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I wasnt directing that at you, specifically, just in general. Calm down. stick out tongue

Old Post May 18th, 2015 11:32 PM
Dream Stuff

That is an answer to the question, "whose origin story had better opportunities for good training?" But that isn't the question you asked in this thread. You asked who IS better trained.

Does Steve, a grown super soldier with an enhanced brain as well as body, need to train as long as a child to wind up as well-trained in the end? Peobably not.

Did either Steve or Dick stop training with new and exotic masters once they started their solo careers? Not at all, they both train with the best all the time.

So just pointing to their origins doesn't really prove anything anymore.

Old Post May 18th, 2015 11:54 PM
riv6672

I'm not disagreeing with you, just saying; you seem a little defensive. stick out tongue

Old Post May 19th, 2015 12:09 AM