KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman or Cap's shield

Superman or Cap's shield
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Superman or Cap's shield

Who/what can take the most physical damage?

Old Post May 18th, 2015 11:58 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

superman of course

Old Post May 19th, 2015 12:11 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by relentless1
superman of course

laughing laughing laughing

Steve's shield, easily. Even pre-FI upgrade.

Old Post May 19th, 2015 12:20 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

no expression Cap shield.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 19th, 2015 12:38 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

no expression

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post May 19th, 2015 12:45 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

What's the strongest attack the shields tanked?

I'm pretty sure shield > Supermans durability based on reputation, but I'm not exactly an authority on Caps history. Does it have better then, say, Hulk punches? (Which is impressive, but not beyond high herald range as Surfers tanked various Hulks..)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 19th, 2015 01:01 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by cdtm
What's the strongest attack the shields tanked?

I'm pretty sure shield > Supermans durability based on reputation, but I'm not exactly an authority on Caps history. Does it have better then, say, Hulk punches? (Which is impressive, but not beyond high herald range as Surfers tanked various Hulks..)

Tanked punches from Hulk, hammer hits from Thor without a scratch. That should he enough.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 19th, 2015 01:06 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Thor's full power lightning.

HT's nova attack.

Wolverine's claws.

Gladiator's series of blitz punches going at light speed...

--
Nobody cared to make the list, because it's far easier to list the stuff that actually damaged it in canon. It's simply indestructible most of the time, sans the few incidents in which writers wanted to shock the readers.

Old Post May 19th, 2015 01:10 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

We know that Sky Father and above attacks can destroy the shield but it was also upgraded with Uru to be more magical resistant, or simply more resistant in general. Superman has fallen prey to far less than the shield has taken. He even commented on how wonderful it was when he briefly held it during the JLA/Avengers. Crossovers don't really count, but if it was inferior to him it wouldn't have been written to have surprised him. The shield without a doubt would be an asset to Superman if he possessed.

Old Post May 19th, 2015 01:22 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Shield, easily. Not even close.

Old Post May 19th, 2015 02:03 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

AFAIK, only strong magic or a similar alloy can damage Cap's shield, right? Are there any scans which blunt force, concussive force, energy force, etc. damaged Cap's shield?

I'm saying Cap's shield.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post May 19th, 2015 02:28 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Badabing
AFAIK, only strong magic or a similar alloy can damage Cap's shield, right? Are there any scans which blunt force, concussive force, energy force, etc. damaged Cap's shield?

I'm saying Cap's shield.
When you're

with Quan you CAN'T be Wrong.

Old Post May 19th, 2015 02:29 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

I'm saying Cap's shield.
No alloy has ever damaged Cap's shield. It's no-sold Wolverine's claws.

Old Post May 19th, 2015 02:34 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by ODG

There's Deaths Head and a Logan from the Charnel-verse, but I guess anything with time travel in Marvel = radically different power levels or something.

I don't really get Marvel time travel. With DC's Rock of Ages, we don't have to throw out Orions, Batmans, or Darkseids feats because they happen in a future timeline.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 19th, 2015 02:47 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

There's Deaths Head and a Logan from the Charnel-verse, but I guess anything with time travel in Marvel = radically different power levels or something.

I don't really get Marvel time travel. With DC's Rock of Ages, we don't have to throw out Orions, Batmans, or Darkseids feats because they happen in a future timeline.
I don't know what incidents you are referring to. Can you elaborate?

Old Post May 19th, 2015 02:55 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Whats so hard to grasp ?

Old Post May 19th, 2015 02:57 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Shield.

Old Post May 19th, 2015 03:01 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I'm saying Cap's shield.
Thanos /w/ IG shattered it, if you want to count that as 'blunt force'. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 19th, 2015 03:04 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by quanchi112
When you're

with Quan you CAN'T be Wrong.
Mindset is still more Khan than you.
Originally posted by ODG
Thanks.
Originally posted by Galan007
Thanos /w/ IG shattered it, if you want to count that as 'blunt force'. /shrug
Forgot about that.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post May 19th, 2015 03:35 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Forgot about that.
Even though he was in possession of the IG at the time, it looked like Thanos still had to hit the shield hard as f*ck to shatter it:
(please log in to view the image)

...Which is pretty damn incredible, really.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 19th, 2015 04:17 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote