KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » SWTOR Lord Scourge vs. TPM Maul

SWTOR Lord Scourge vs. TPM Maul
Started by: XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Well no, because TOR rankings surrounding the HoT were based on Vitiate. Vitiate didn't just get more powerful, he was beyond the HoT to begin with. Thus the HoT and his peers should definitely be notched back.

Damn. Thinking about this indepth, SWTOR is really more of a shitstorm than I thought. So fvcking inconsistent. (please log in to view the image)

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post May 19th, 2015 09:58 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
SWTOR is really more of a shitstorm than I thought.

thumb up

Old Post May 19th, 2015 10:00 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Too many edits, not impressed.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: though admittedly you're right about that. I can't even begin to make sense of it.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post May 19th, 2015 10:01 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nephthys
Well Bane does it without it being noted as anything unique. That Nyriss specifically notes that Scourge's "special gift" doesn't just draw on emotion, it gorges himself on it strongly suggests that the lesser version of it isn't anything special and is decidedly inferior.
Sounds like Drew being a bit of a dumbass, tbh.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post May 19th, 2015 10:02 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

It's not as if Maul's thing was noted as anything special either. Kenobi could easily recognise what he was doing.

Old Post May 19th, 2015 10:04 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Originally posted by ILS
Sounds like Drew being a bit of a dumbass, tbh.

Here at KMC, we say "sounds like dumbass was being a bit of a Drew, tbh."

Old Post May 19th, 2015 10:04 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's not as if Maul's thing was noted as anything special either. Kenobi could easily recognise what he was doing.
If it wasn't special I doubt it'd have been brought up in Kenobi's report, and Kenobi recognizing it makes it no less special. thumb up

Maul wins either way so I'm not too fussed. rolling on floor laughing
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Here at KMC, we say "sounds like dumbass was being a bit of a Drew, tbh."
Gonna use this someday.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post May 19th, 2015 10:06 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by The_Tempest
Good find. That undermines Scourge's chances significantly. Maul is more skilled and powerful; Scourge is more experienced. Maul takes this with moderate difficulty.

It sounds kind of like Vaapad actually. Seems likely that he was just utilizing Juyo.

The North Remembers

Old Post May 19th, 2015 10:10 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lord Stark
It sounds kind of like Vaapad actually. Seems likely that he was just utilizing Juyo.
These were my thoughts as well.

Old Post May 19th, 2015 10:11 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by ILS
If it wasn't special I doubt it'd have been brought up in Kenobi's report, and Kenobi recognizing it makes it no less special. thumb up

Maul wins either way so I'm not too fussed. rolling on floor laughing

Since its something that contributed to his defeat of course he'd bring it up. And it does suggest that its hardly that special if a Jedi who's never seen another Sith knows about it enough to recognize it. Scourge needed to be told what he was doing and have it explained to him.

Nah. Scourge should be at least as powerful as Maul is, he has his unique ability, two other amps, heavy armor, a shield generator, possible other technological advantages and is ridiculously more experienced and battle-hardened than Maul is, and has probably trained his skills to a much higher extent than Maul has.

Old Post May 19th, 2015 10:12 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Damn. Thinking about this indepth, SWTOR is really more of a shitstorm than I thought. So fvcking inconsistent. (please log in to view the image)

Just come for the characters, like any other BioWare game. Don't try to make sense of it, and you'll do fine. But you have to already know that if you've made it this far.

Old Post May 19th, 2015 10:42 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kosmos Supreme

Wrath Scourge is around TCW Maul

Old Post May 19th, 2015 11:07 PM
Click here to Send Kosmos Supreme a Private Message Find more posts by Kosmos Supreme Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by Kosmos Supreme
Wrath Scourge is around TCW Maul

I'd say TPM Maul. With Wrath II being around TCWs Maul.

The North Remembers

Old Post May 19th, 2015 11:08 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kosmos Supreme

I'd say Scourge is TCW Maul level while Wrath II is Vader level, and Baras and Marr are also TCW Maul level, Thananton, Mortis, Ravage, Decimus, Vengean, Arho, etc are TPM Maul level and Ventress and Savage should be around there as well

Old Post May 19th, 2015 11:13 PM
Click here to Send Kosmos Supreme a Private Message Find more posts by Kosmos Supreme Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Since its something that contributed to his defeat of course he'd bring it up. And it does suggest that its hardly that special if a Jedi who's never seen another Sith knows about it enough to recognize it. Scourge needed to be told what he was doing and have it explained to him.

Nah. Scourge should be at least as powerful as Maul is, he has his unique ability, two other amps, heavy armor, a shield generator, possible other technological advantages and is ridiculously more experienced and battle-hardened than Maul is, and has probably trained his skills to a much higher extent than Maul has.
That Kenobi has a lack of experience with Sith does not necessarily mean that him pointing out the ability makes it any less unique. That's just an illogical thought process. I understand that Scourge's version is a bit special but I'm just saying, it's never really been a thing for all Sith to draw on the anger of their opponents.

kk bro lmao.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 12:05 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

There isn't really a noticeable difference between TPM and TCW Maul. TCW is perhaps marginally more powerful but he logically isn't any more skilled, unless we roll with Jason Fry's quote accompanied by his post to Marco. Even then, the gap shouldn't be too great, and if anything Maul's skills would have atrophied and then gradually gotten back to normal after coming out of exile, not increased for no apparent reason.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 12:07 AM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by Kosmos Supreme
I'd say Scourge is TCW Maul level while Wrath II is Vader level, and Baras and Marr are also TCW Maul level, Thananton, Mortis, Ravage, Decimus, Vengean, Arho, etc are TPM Maul level and Ventress and Savage should be around there as well

Wrath II isn't even in Vader's league. He's barely above Baras.

quote:
There isn't really a noticeable difference between TPM and TCW Maul. TCW is perhaps marginally more powerful but he logically isn't any more skilled, unless we roll with Jason Fry's quote accompanied by his post to Marco. Even then, the gap shouldn't be too great, and if anything Maul's skills would have atrophied and then gradually gotten back to normal after coming out of exile, not increased for no apparent reason.

I disagree. His hatred and fear were so great that he couldn't even speak when Savage found him. When Talzin used her ritual to transform that hatred and fear into logical cold calculating vengeance his raw DS power was undoubtedly intensified. And with increase to raw power his base abilities, speed, and power increased even if his skills did not.

The North Remembers

Old Post May 20th, 2015 01:48 AM