KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Satele Shan vs. Anakin Skywalker (AotC)

Satele Shan vs. Anakin Skywalker (AotC)
Started by: |King Joker|

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Satele Shan vs. Anakin Skywalker (AotC)

Battle takes place in an abandoned Chicago. Who wins, tbh?

Old Post May 20th, 2015 02:26 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Are you serious?

Satele Shan stomps, assuming her prime.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 02:28 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Yes, her prime.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 02:30 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Satele

Old Post May 20th, 2015 02:32 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Satele. Great fight, though.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 02:39 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Not sure what the point of this thread was, but Satele.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 02:43 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

What's the point of any thread?

Old Post May 20th, 2015 02:45 PM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Satele. Great fight, though.

Nah.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 02:51 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Satele. I don't think Anakin's ever faced an opponent wielding a double-bladed saber before. Aside from Satele's superiority at this point in Anakin's career, that alone would make him uncomfortable.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 02:56 PM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Originally posted by Sinious
Nah.

Why not?

Old Post May 20th, 2015 03:01 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Tbh now that, that was brought up by Val. When has a different style of saber even been really effective in a fight? Truly effective in the sense that it would drastically alter it?

I mean if you look at it, it hasn't really been something that changed much. I mean in TPM Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan were able to contend with Maul's double bladed saber, despite the fact this is the 1st Sith Lord in...what was it? 1,000 years or so? Returning and he was using a weapon that clearly neither Qui-Gon or Obi-Wan had seen before.

Yet both of them weren't really deterred by it as both of them were able to handle it quite well when they were together and separated.

The same with Dooku and his curved hilt against Obi-Wan and Anakin the first time.

Unless I'm missing some information here.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 03:03 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Satele.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 03:06 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Tbh now that, that was brought up by Val. When has a different style of saber even been really effective in a fight? Truly effective in the sense that it would drastically alter it?

I mean if you look at it, it hasn't really been something that changed much. I mean in TPM Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan were able to contend with Maul's double bladed saber, despite the fact this is the 1st Sith Lord in...what was it? 1,000 years or so? Returning and he was using a weapon that clearly neither Qui-Gon or Obi-Wan had seen before.

Yet both of them weren't really deterred by it as both of them were able to handle it quite well when they were together and separated.

The same with Dooku and his curved hilt against Obi-Wan and Anakin the first time.

Unless I'm missing some information here.

You don't think that if Maul had wielded a single-hilt saber Kenobi and Jinn would not have had a better chance at defeating him, at least initially? I do.

We see how this does matter, for example, in the Bane versus Kas'im fight. Bane had the edge all along right up until Kas'im started using two lightsabers, a style Bane had never faced before and thus was at a disadvantage.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 03:10 PM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by The_Tempest
Why not?

Its too early for Anakin.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 03:11 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Col. Valerian
You don't think that if Maul had wielded a single-hilt saber Kenobi and Jinn would not have had a better chance at defeating him, at least initially? I do.

We see how this does matter, for example, in the Bane versus Kas'im fight. Bane had the edge all along right up until Kas'im started using two lightsabers, a style Bane had never faced before and thus was at a disadvantage.

They would have had a better chance sure, but I'm saying that even when faced with a completely different weapon, they weren't completely outclassed by it to the point they couldn't defend themselves from it.

It matters sure, but really I'm seeing it as more the person being unable to adapt instead of the weapon itself being all that matters.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 03:14 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Yeah I'm not saying it's a determining factor, just that it matters at least to a certain degree.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 03:22 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Anakin has seen double-bladed lightsabers before. He makes notes about them in the Book of Sith, and talks about how Gate Master Jurokk uses them.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 03:45 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Anakin has seen double-bladed lightsabers before. He makes notes about them in the Book of Sith, and talks about how Gate Master Jurokk uses them.

But has he ever seen them prior or at ATOC?

Although considering Maul, the Jedi probably did dig up some info on them and with Obi-Wan teaching Anakin he could have also told him about it.

Even still I'm not sure it's much of a big factor here against him.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 03:48 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Pretty sure Anakin's first entries in the Book of Sith were around the same time as AotC.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 03:53 PM
Based
iPinoy

Originally posted by |King Joker|
What's the point of any thread?

On here? Recently? To lowball or to spite tbh.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 06:12 PM
Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote