KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Lobo Vs Gladiator

Lobo Vs Gladiator
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
Lobo is overrated. Can't remember any time beside classic days when he beat someone like Kallark. Does anyone have any showings of him beating a top tier?

No offense, Carver, but dismissing Superman getting beat on doesnt exactly make me want to rush out and find scans for you.

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 11:36 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Classic days. Like some of his first appearances. The last time he fought Supes, things didn't work out so well for him.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 11:52 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Lobo is overrated. Can't remember any time beside classic days when he beat someone like Kallark. Does anyone have any showings of him beating a top tier?

Longevity doesn't erase the feat. You can still go back and pluck a Hulk feat that does either better or worse than his current feats. Lobo defeated the entire Legion 89, this was never retconned. That team had Strata on it, and she would give Kallark a fight if one decided to go back and look at his battles against similar foes. Strata could (no offense) probably beat the Thing and Korg combined in less than 5 minutes. She way more durable. Lobo took her and the rest of the Legion apart with ease. He wasn't even drunk when he did that from my knowledge, but I could be wrong. Lobo beat the crap out of the Authority. That team would probably kick Glads butt. Unless that wasn't canon. Still unsure about that. What really makes me believe that Lobo wins, is that he fights extremely dirty. he was able to go blow for blow with Captain Marvel, but Captain Marvel was catching aircraft carriers thrown by Superman in those days.

Last edited by Stoic on May 22nd, 2015 at 12:00 PM

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 11:57 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Classic days. Like some of his first appearances. The last time he fought Supes, things didn't work out so well for him.

He wasn't drunk or out to capture Superman due to contract. That's something that needed mentioning. Lobo has to visualize himself overcoming an obstacle, and he would then go out and make his thoughts real on someones face. In other words we should stick to the best performances with Lobo vs [insert well known character]. Despero punched Lobo so hard that he was bfr'd. The punch didn't faze him. Lobo's punch stunned Despero though. It was a very short excange, but he shows high levels of stength there as well. When he went up against Thanos in the DC vs Marvel comic, he's knocked down but more than able to get back up with zero problems.

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 12:07 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Again, not really getting me excited about searching for scans just for you to put an expiration date on them.
You gave your opinion. Moving on.

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 12:12 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

It is because of threads like that I remind myself that I didn't need to go out and actually buy a Scanner just to "Win" comic book VS threads.

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 02:53 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Forum Glads is more than able to spam continuous HV at Lobo from a safe distance. While flying.

It's not a fight to the death.

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 07:46 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Forum Glads is more than able to spam continuous HV at Lobo from a safe distance. While flying.

It's not a fight to the death.

Only in the carververse

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 07:50 PM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Full capacity rule. Speed, flying, powerful ranged attack - more than enough to KO Lobo. He'll regenerate, but it doesn't matter, forum win goes to Kallark.

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 07:55 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Full capacity rule. Speed, flying, powerful ranged attack - more than enough to KO Lobo. He'll regenerate, but it doesn't matter, forum win goes to Kallark.
Actually cauterizing seems to work well on Lobo

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 07:57 PM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

Kallark melts Lobos face.

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 08:01 PM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Gladiator doesn't have to fight like some supergenius to win this one.

He just needs to use his powers of flight.

The ones that he were born with.

He knows how to do that right?

Thanks Estacado

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 08:03 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567

Originally posted by krisblaze
Gladiator doesn't have to fight like some supergenius to win this one.

He just needs to use his powers of flight.

The ones that he were born with.

He knows how to do that right?
Not really tbh

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 08:05 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by iceman24567
Not really tbh

Exactly, and he succumbs to pain very quickly, while Lobo can take having his entire body shot to pieces and filled with uranium depleted ammo. All of this and he could still stand there with a smile. So this depends on the Lobo. One version was impervious to HV from Superman, however he was piss drunk in that encounter. Gladiator on the other hands screamed like a [fill in the blank] when he got stabbed in War of Kings.

Last edited by Stoic on May 22nd, 2015 at 09:17 PM

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 09:14 PM
riv6672

I think the Glads supporters are reaching too much, assuming one sided all outs etc. reeks of desperation.

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 10:23 PM
JBL
Wrestling God

Originally posted by riv6672
I think the Glads supporters are reaching too much, assuming one sided all outs etc. reeks of desperation.
Gladiator has every advantage over lobo. Speed, range attacks, strength etc. Let me ask you this since you started this thread..... Who would win out of lobo and superman?

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 10:43 PM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567

I agree its a tough fight but Lobo should smash his face in

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 10:46 PM
riv6672

I'm just saying, things like Glads fighting from a distance/at super speed/continuous HV, is just another way of saying you dont think he can win a fight in character, so you're having him fight OOC instead of just saying yeah, he loses this one.

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 11:01 PM
carver9

Gladiator wins due to being stronger, faster, durable, and overall more powerful. Good fight though.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 11:09 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

I'm just saying, things like Glads fighting from a distance/at super speed/continuous HV, is just another way of saying you dont think he can win a fight in character, so you're having him fight OOC instead of just saying yeah, he loses this one.
So if glads use his hv, speed etc, hes fighting OOC? Gladiator would have no problem engaging lobo h2h, but he will use his advantages as he has done plenty of times. But why make this thread if you are so sure lobo would win? Why do you accuse voters for gladiator if they say he wins? Everything people have said that glads could do to win, he has done it on panel, even blasting one of his own troops head to pieces without even caring about it.

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 11:19 PM