KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Iron Fail

Iron Fail
Started by: StiltmanFTW

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Golgo13
That maybe true, but what if it was Marvel's overall direction to fault? Wouldn't be the first time a director has disagreed with them.

Possibly could be it

Black also has plans to do a new Doc Savage movie.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2015 02:21 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

IM was one of the best of the current crop of superhero films. The final fight was not the greatest but still an OK end to a good film.

IM2 and 3 were nothing but fail. Hard to say which was worse, both were bad for different reasons.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2015 02:10 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

I actually didn't hate IM2 as much as most. It was like they pumped in the action that IM1 lacked. Its clearly a lot more popcorn than IM1 but when its on TV I tune in.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2015 02:30 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'm in the same boat with JayDaDon for IM2.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2015 06:26 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

IM2 actually made me laugh a lot on repeated viewings. Justin Hammer as the evil Tony Stark wannabe was fracking hilarious. And at least Rhodey got his fair share of action in it as well.

I guess IM2 was more of an initial disappointment (given the quality of the first) than anything else.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2015 07:21 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I didn't like the young Justin version. It was to me *almost* as bad as the Mandarin twist. Turning a formidable villain into a joke, ffs.

Not a fan of mixing Whiplash and Dynamo, either. Rourke's performance was good, though.

Anyway, IM 2 was a watchable movie, seen it a few times... I doubt I'd be able to rewatch the entire IM 3 without puking.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2015 09:31 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Well they've fixed up the Mandarin problem, Now its up to Marvel going ahead and actually using the real one in a 4th movie.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2015 10:05 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Not a fan of mixing Whiplash and Dynamo, either.

Yeah that was weird.

Originally posted by Kazenji
Well they've fixed up the Mandarin problem,

Unfortunately that doesn't fix IM3 as a movie.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2015 12:53 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Unfortunately that doesn't fix IM3 as a movie.

Well said.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2015 01:02 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I feel like this thread goes in with the conclusion that IM3 was the only good IM or successful IM movie. That we all automatically should come to the conclusion that the solo series as whole has been mediocre and a failure with the first being the only exception. I do not agree with that conclusion.

While personally I do think IM 1 was my favorite IM2 I thought was also good and was successful in terms of box office revenue.

Of course in terms of box office revenue IM3 blows them out of the water but I know the argument that even if it made money it was a poor quality movie.

Honestly I've only ever seen IM3 once so I do not know if my opinions on the movie would change with repeat showings. Still I do not think IM3 was a terrible movie. Yeah there were things I did not like but it also had some good parts as well specifically it had good humour and high production value. Overall I would not rank it as a poor movie. More of an average movie that did exceptionally well at the box office.

Now obviously this is pretty subjective for the most part and I'm not trying to invalidate people's dislike of the movie. However I just want to point out not everyone shares those opinions. Or think that this movie series was overall a disappointment.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 8th, 2015 01:11 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ We are aware of that. Firefly always defends IM3.

But at the very least I'm sure the majority would agree the IM sequels were a big step down from the Original.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2015 04:57 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

^ We are aware of that. Firefly always defends IM3.

But at the very least I'm sure the majority would agree the IM sequels were a big step down from the Original.
Probably but once again that does not make them failures.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 8th, 2015 06:44 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Newjak
Probably but once again that does not make them failures.

Well financially speaking the trilogy was obviously a massive success.

But in terms of quality(which is of course subjective) it was a massive failure to many of us. Failure to meet our expectations (which can sometimes be unfair). But for me personally, just failure to entertain, and instead making me facepalm.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2015 08:37 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Tony in Avengers 1 was like Iron Man 3 we deserved.

Someone from KMC said it (or something similar to that), IIRC, and I totally agree.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2015 08:44 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Tony in Avengers 1 was like Iron Man 3 we deserved.

Someone from KMC said it (or something similar to that), IIRC, and I totally agree.

thumb up

Old Post Jun 8th, 2015 09:18 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Well financially speaking the trilogy was obviously a massive success.

But in terms of quality(which is of course subjective) it was a massive failure to many of us. Failure to meet our expectations (which can sometimes be unfair). But for me personally, just failure to entertain, and instead making me facepalm.
Entirely subjective and from your own perspective.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2015 09:26 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by quanchi112
Entirely subjective and from your own perspective.

Which is exactly what I said you troll.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2015 11:11 PM
Senor Cage

laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 8th, 2015 11:12 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Which is exactly what I said you troll.
I am glad to see you cocmeded then to me. smile

Old Post Jun 9th, 2015 12:04 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Luminous
kusemono

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Heck Avengers AOU completely ignored the ending of IM3.

No.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2015 11:18 PM
Darth Luminous is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Luminous a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Luminous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote