KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Strike Back!!!!

Strike Back!!!!
Started by: The Nuul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Squirrel Fart

laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 5th, 2015 12:40 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

As stated, it seems they're going WWIII with North Korea this season. I know that since this is the last season, the action will be more spectacular than ever. I don't see Richmond surviving, or Martinez. Don't know who will make it out alive. Just hope neither of the double-S duo die.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Jun 5th, 2015 01:02 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

I was loling because we did the same thing, but opposite of each other.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2015 12:32 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

I know. I was just changing the subject.

I do admit for the first few episodes of TWD, I was rooting against Rick because I hated Collinson so much. When bad stuff happened to him I was cheering "That what's you get!"

Jack Bauer

Old Post Jun 5th, 2015 04:40 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

I assume what your answer will be to this.... lol

Who'd win in a fight in h2h?

Stonebridge vs Jack

or

Scott vs Jack

Old Post Jun 5th, 2015 05:18 PM
Squirrel Fart

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lestov16
As stated, it seems they're going WWIII with North Korea this season.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Yeah mate, you're right about that. And yeah, Jack is pop culture, SB characters will never reach that. Still, SB is a great show for it's own reasons. I hated Katee Sackhoff/Dana Walsh from 24, and I thought that actress played on Homeland, I hated Homeland even since, even though I was wrong.

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on Jun 8th, 2015 at 08:37 PM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2015 08:28 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

I've only seen the first season of Homeland. Got bored really quick. And the Dana Walsh subplot is widely regarded as one of the shows lowest points, so you're not alone there.

Jack Bauer

Old Post Jun 9th, 2015 06:05 PM
Squirrel Fart

I've only seen the first season of Homeland. Got bored really quick. And the Dana Walsh subplot is widely regarded as one of the shows lowest points, so you're not alone there.

Do you know of any shows that are like 24, non boring ass Homeland, and balls out fun Strike Back big grin along these lines etc... to recommend? TV is junk these days. TWD is boring, GoT is boring and the list goes on, if you look through the cracks you may find some great shows like Banshee.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2015 03:01 AM
Squirrel Fart

I can't wait for tonight!!!

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on Jun 10th, 2015 at 10:50 PM

Old Post Jun 10th, 2015 10:41 PM
Squirrel Fart

Good ep, wasn't as good as the first one. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: I really didn't expect that ending doe, wow!

Old Post Jun 11th, 2015 12:40 PM
Squirrel Fart

As the thread starter - guys, please use spoiler tags.

Thank you.

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on Jun 13th, 2015 at 06:33 PM

Old Post Jun 13th, 2015 06:22 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Good action shows beside SB, 24, and Banshee:

Spartacus (better than GOT IMO)
Nikita (better than Supernatural IMO; precursor to action choreography of Arrow)
Alias (pretty much the ultimate James Bond-inspired Tv series)
Burn Notice
Leverage
1st season of Human Target
The Unit (if you are willing to go through a bunch of soap opera mumbo jumbo to get to the action)
The Blacklist

Jack Bauer

Old Post Jun 13th, 2015 08:00 PM
Squirrel Fart

The Blacklist, The Unit, and Burn Notice are great till the end. Spartacus, I thought was good in the first season, I didn't like it when they changed the main actor, then I stopped watching it, the rest, I haven't seen, but I'll check them out thanks.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 03:42 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Love this show so was really happy to see it back.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 09:23 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Good action shows beside SB, 24, and Banshee:

Spartacus (better than GOT IMO)
Nikita (better than Supernatural IMO; precursor to action choreography of Arrow)
Alias (pretty much the ultimate James Bond-inspired Tv series)
Burn Notice
Leverage
1st season of Human Target
The Unit (if you are willing to go through a bunch of soap opera mumbo jumbo to get to the action)
The Blacklist

I'm going to check out Alias, I saw the trailer and it looks good.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 12:58 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Nikita is way better IMO. It is essentially Jason Bourne if written by Joss Whedon.

Jack Bauer

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 01:18 PM
Squirrel Fart

This Ep was great! [SPOILER - highlight to read]: I wished that Michelle Yeoh fight scenes were shot better (I like clear and wide shots for fight scenes with some close ups/over the shoulder shots), that was my only complaint, this was a great Ep overall. Best of the season so far, and one of the best of the series.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2015 11:05 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Why do I get the feeling that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: those two supposed high class drug smugglers are actually going to end up being Interpol agents or something again.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2015 03:13 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Why do I get the feeling that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: those two supposed high class drug smugglers are actually going to end up being Interpol agents or something again.

I did't get that feeling at all.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2015 06:46 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by The Nuul
I did't get that feeling at all.

I don't know, but I just got this vibe from them. Seemed like rougher looking versions of Stonebridge and Scott. And it's not like it'd be the first time that something like this happens. Also, I found it really strange that in the promo for up-and-coming episodes, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the Brit out of the two was shown in what looked like combat gear, with an assault rifle, in a prone, soldier's firing position, and signaling someone. Just seems out of place for a smuggler to be in the kind of position Section 20 agents often find themselves in. Unless those two were former military, like Scott and Stonebridge are. That being said, I am probably way off, but it just wouldn't surprise me at all if I wasn't.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2015 03:18 AM