KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Xcom 2

Xcom 2
Started by: Nephthys

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Hmm, or overpowering....

Old Post Jul 24th, 2015 11:34 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'm sure the devs will make sure to give the enemies their own abilities too.

Finished Enemy Within last night. Was expecting the final mission to be harder, but it was still satisfying.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 24th, 2015 02:49 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Just over 2 months away.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Aug 25th, 2015 05:19 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

So is Xcom 2 still labeled PC exclusive or confirmed multiplatform yet?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2015 05:32 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
So is Xcom 2 still labeled PC exclusive or confirmed multiplatform yet?

Pretty sure it's PC only and don't think that'll ever change. Guess they figured they pissed-off too many console players on EU/EW that releasing it on PS3 or XBOX would be pointless. Doesn't matter to me if they did release it on console because there's no way I'd ever give Firaxis my money again after the way they screwed console players in both EU and EW.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2015 05:52 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

^ How'd they screw over console players?

~ XCOM 2 has been delayed to Feb '16.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Aug 28th, 2015 06:34 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Ahh shitty.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2015 06:56 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
^ How'd they screw over console players?

If you have to ask then I guess it means that you've never visited the official website for 2k games called the 2k forums. It's the official forum site for all the XCOM games and all other games published/made by 2k. I started posting on that particular forum since the first month that Enemy Unkown came out and since day one players from all 3 game platforms but especially console players (including me) were complaining about bugs that made the games nearly unplayable.

They released several patches but some of patches made game even worse because they brought bugs of their own. They finally fixed most of them from EU except MP mode was still a pain in the *** to play and leaderboards were still broken. Which is still the case in EW. Enemy Within, although a much more fun game, imo (which is saying a lot considering how much fun EU was), STILL has game-breaking bugs in both SP and MP mode which will never be fixed. The biggest issue with EW is the base defense mission going dark and crashing the game/system practically every single time if you play the PSN downloaded version. At least, that's what nearly all the console players posting on 2k forums were complaining about. I had to buy the disc after buying the PSN download to continue my games when base defense mission comes up. So I was really pissed about that but the game is so much fun and addictive that I had to.

Another major bug is the game loops indefinitely in the skyranger loading screen a lot of times when you do the Exalt base assault. Usually, I just use same workaround that I use for base defense mission. It works but it's annoying as Hell and time-consuming having to switch back and forth between the DL version and the disc.

Additionally, there's a very irritating bug in EW that was never fixed which happens a lot of times when a unit in cover suppresses an enemy. The suppressing unit will step out of his/her cover and lose the defense of it. It happens a lot in mp mode as well.

Just about every single time I have a supply barge mission the game crashes either during or after mission when skyranger is returning to base. It happens a lot on terror missions too. Honestly, I spend about as much time cussing when I play EW as I do having fun (which is a lot in SP).

I love mp mode too when it's bug free but that was rarely the case in either EU or EW. Things like flying units going invisible and staying that way even when they attack thereby being immune to being killed/destroyed was one of the things that pissed me off most about mp mode. Then there was also the fact that flying units for the client didn't work right about half the time. There were a few MP games I had in which my units would just spontaneously die for no reason when I was moving them on the first turn of match thereby giving me a HUGE disadvantage. I didn't lose very often in MP mode but the few times I did lose bugs usually played a major part in contributing to it.

These all are just a small amount of the number of complaints made by console players on the 2k forums. If you don't believe me you can check out the forums yourself. I was banned there permanently (again, lol) about a year ago after I cussed out one of the mods in a PM but it didn't really matter as I had already gotten everything I needed out of forum anyway and had gotten tired of arguing with morons who thought that shotguns/supports/heavies/SHIVs were crap or that "damn good ground" was better than "gunslinger". But, I did host a few XCOM tourneys in the MP forum before I was banned.

Here's the link:

http://forums.2k.com/forumdisplay.p...mp-Enemy-Within

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Last edited by Star428 on Aug 28th, 2015 at 08:10 PM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2015 07:55 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jun 7th, 2016 at 11:15 PM

Old Post Jun 7th, 2016 11:11 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Cant wait. Loving the first right now

PWNT

Old Post Jun 19th, 2016 09:12 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Its already out.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2016 09:57 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Not for console

sad

PWNT

Old Post Jun 19th, 2016 10:45 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

New DLC coming out in August.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2017 12:38 AM