KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dark Souls 3

Dark Souls 3
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Badabing
Karen

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Mar 6th, 2016 11:53 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

I would be a sorceror but the title of herald appeals to me. Time to create Silver Surfer

Old Post Mar 7th, 2016 12:18 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Sadly it looks like Luck is not really useful for any build.

Which makes the Pyromancer particularly good because it has the lowest available value for Luck, it also only has 8 Vitality which is 1 point less than the Sorcerer. The stat that I'm not too keen on is the 12 Strength, contra the Sorcerer's 7, but as long as the weapon I want to use—which will be either a piercing sword or katana—will require 12 Strength or more then it's perfectly fine.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2016 07:16 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Astner
Sadly it looks like Luck is not really useful for any build.

Which makes the Pyromancer particularly good because it has the lowest available value for Luck, it also only has 8 Vitality which is 1 point less than the Sorcerer. The stat that I'm not too keen on is the 12 Strength, contra the Sorcerer's 7, but as long as the weapon I want to use—which will be either a piercing sword or katana—will require 12 Strength or more then it's perfectly fine.
Luck in Demon's was crap too. At least it gives you something to not level up

Old Post Mar 7th, 2016 07:21 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Any info on the overall difficulty?

Will it be harder then DS2?

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2016 07:26 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Luck in Demon's was crap too. At least it gives you something to not level up

Like Resistance in Dark Souls. It's a useless stat. It doesn't need to be there. It just ends up lowering the appeal of certain starting classes.

Originally posted by Estacado
Any info on the overall difficulty?

Will it be harder then DS2?

I don't think there's an objective response to that question. Even today you have people arguing about which Souls game is the hardest—some people argue that Dark Souls 2 is the hardest while other argue it's the easiest—and whatever they consider the "hardest" is the one they prefer.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2016 07:54 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

I played 1 after 2 and thought it was super easy compared to the 2nd.

The only fights that gave me trouble were the dlc ones with the hex spells.

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2016 08:00 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

I think Dark Souls 2 was the hardest as well, but that was because I didn't master it to the same degree as the other games.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2016 08:05 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

The hardest boss in terms of asses kicked was the gargoyles in Dark Souls 1. I went at them over and over for like 7 hours straight. It was my own fault though because I didn't try leveling up or getting a better weapon or something.

So the actual hardest boss would have to be that ****er Raime. I fought him at the top of my game and he still whooped me.

It's hard to tell which Souls is hardest, because after you've beaten one of them your skill is increased so the next one is easier. So I guess the hardest Souls is whichever one is your first.

Failing that, its the ****ing Fume Knight.

Edit: Ruin Sentinels were balls hard as well.

Last edited by Nephthys on Mar 7th, 2016 at 10:38 PM

Old Post Mar 7th, 2016 10:30 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by Nephthys
So the actual hardest boss would have to be that ****er Raime.

Level 1, no damage taken:

Old Post Mar 7th, 2016 11:21 PM
ares834

For those who've done it, how difficult and fun is a caster build?

I've always gone nearly pure melee and am thinking about shaking things up this time.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2016 04:50 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Once you get enough spells you'll be a tank.

In DS1 with the strongest spells you could 2 shot like every boss in the game.(hex/dark spells were the most powerful.)

In DS2 with the strongest spell (forgot the name that big soul arrow barrage)

You could kill the strongest bosses in 4-6 shots even after a couple ng+ es.

Outside that single spell hex was still the best way to go.(Some magic did drain minimal life though.)
With hex stats later you could use every spell ,miracle and pyro stuff.

I think it's fun I always play as a mage though.

Bankai.

Last edited by Estacado on Mar 16th, 2016 at 08:11 AM

Old Post Mar 16th, 2016 08:00 AM
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

needs maybe like a speed attribute considering theres a thief character... my character choice

My Reality Is Your Imagination.

Last edited by 0mega Spawn on Mar 18th, 2016 at 04:31 AM

Old Post Mar 18th, 2016 04:23 AM
0mega Spawn is currently offline Click here to Send 0mega Spawn a Private Message Find more posts by 0mega Spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Demon's Souls is the hardest Souls game.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2016 08:36 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Wait so spells now dont have count limits on them?
Damn phuckin great if true...

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2016 02:37 PM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Astner
I think Dark Souls 2 was the hardest as well, but that was because I didn't master it to the same degree as the other games.
I had a pretty easy time with Dark Souls 2 tbh, though that may be because I was coming off of Bloodborne. That game gave me some crazy dodging reflexes. The DLC was the only real struggle I had in the game, and the Bloodborne DLC blew it out of the water. So far, Bloodbornes been the hardest for me, though these are the only two in the series I've played.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 19th, 2016 06:06 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

You haven't play Dark Souls 1?

It's well worth it.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2016 04:50 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by ares834
You haven't play Dark Souls 1?

It's well worth it.
I'm planning on it. I heard it was supposed to become backwards compatible. I own it digitally on 360. Unfortunately, they have yet to put it out, which sucks since I was planning on playing it before DS3

PWNT

Old Post Mar 21st, 2016 05:14 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Arachnid1
I'm planning on it. I heard it was supposed to become backwards compatible. I own it digitally on 360. Unfortunately, they have yet to put it out, which sucks since I was planning on playing it before DS3
If you haven't played 1 then there's no reason to rush out and buy 3 when it comes out. Especially since Das1 is more than likely going to be better than 3 anyway.

Play 1 to completion before you even think of buying 3 would be my opinion.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2016 06:49 PM
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

DS2 was a different kind of difficult than 1. DS2 seemingly just tried to harass and annoy you to death with it's enemy placement. DS1 had a bit more of a "logical" design with it's enemies and levels. Boss wise, DS1 was far superior. The only boss I didn't mash like a flea in DS2 was Raime.

TBH, after a certain level, and mastery of the game mechanics they all become relatively easy from a certain perspective.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2016 11:18 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote