KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Server Move Glitches Thread

Server Move Glitches Thread
Started by: Badabing

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Badabing
Karen

Server Move Glitches Thread

Raz is back. We (mods) are going to post suggestions in the mod section. The mods have their own list of changes and suggestions regarding the forums. Most to do with merging/deleting forums which aren't used much, making moderating easier, new forums, etc.

I'd like suggestions from people for improvements to KMC.

Please don't use the thread to bash fellow posters, complain about mods, or spam with nonsense.

We may also be appointing new mods. I've submitted a list of posters already. Please don't ask who was on that list, or if you can be a mod.

I will post any viable suggestions in the mod forum.

Here's a link to the official Suggestions Thread if you'd rather use it.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f13/t301368.html

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Last edited by Badabing on Jul 29th, 2015 at 02:38 AM

Old Post Jun 12th, 2015 01:31 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Been mentioned a lot already but we need to be able to use bigger resolutions for our digs.

Perhaps something could be changed on the time we have to edit our posts as well. That'd help majorly with making respect threads.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2015 01:36 AM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

I've already posted my suggestion in that thread about having like and dislike buttons similar to YouTube/Facebook. So, I'm good thumb up

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on Jun 12th, 2015 at 01:58 AM

Old Post Jun 12th, 2015 01:44 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

100x100 avatars for 'newcomers', It sucks having to wait until the 2 years mark.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jun 12th, 2015 01:49 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

No time limit on edits.

An alert system when you have been quoted and a tagging system would be nice if possible.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jun 12th, 2015 02:16 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Lift the cross-genre ban in the CBVF.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2015 02:19 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

We need a co-admin/sub-admin who can make nescesarry changes on the forum when Raz inevitably goes afk again. This is like the third time he's come back and been like "I'm here for good", and while I can respect that he's a busy man I think having a backup person to maintain the site in his absence would just be the responsible thing to do.

And I second the removal of sig limits and edit limits. This is 2015, no one has dial-up anymore.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Jun 12th, 2015 at 02:35 AM

Old Post Jun 12th, 2015 02:22 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

-I'd say start by streamlining the KMC forums as a whole. Get rid of all the redundant forums that don't generate much activity(there are quite a few of them)--the Harry Potter forum, for example, could easily be removed and/or condensed into the existing Movie Discussion forum. This should leave Raz with a pretty condensed cluster of 'core forums' that would be much easier for he and the mods to not only monitor, but cohesively build upon as well. However, if he's going to adjust the forums in such a way, an extra mod in each forum might be needed, as the 'workload' in each forum could potentially increase.

-On that note, think about demoting mods who have been inactive for months/years. Nothing against them, but mods *should* be among the most active members of the community, imo. If they aren't active, other mods have to pick up their slack... Which isn't fair to anyone.

-A co-Admin is a great idea if Raz doesn't plan on sticking around this time. There needs to be *someone* who can continuously make various changes to KMC on an Admin-level, just to keep up with the times.... And this site is already WAY behind the eight ball where that is concerned.

-Take away the editing window. There's really just no need for it.

-Increase the sig/avatar sizes. As was mentioned, pretty much everyone in modern society has the bandwidth to support the increase.

There are several other changes/updates that I'd like to see happen, but we have to start *somewhere*. Given that Raz hasn't been around in a couple years, he's likely getting inundated with a multitude of 'requests' that simply aren't feasible... Just remember: baby steps are better than no steps. smile

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jun 12th, 2015 at 02:54 AM

Old Post Jun 12th, 2015 02:44 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

quote: (post)
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Been mentioned a lot already but we need to be able to use bigger resolutions for our digs.

Perhaps something could be changed on the time we have to edit our posts as well. That'd help majorly with making respect threads.
Originally posted by Reflassshh
100x100 avatars for 'newcomers', It sucks having to wait until the 2 years mark.
I'll bring up the bigger avatars/sigs and to extend the edit times to Raz. I believe it's been suggested a few other times today too.
Originally posted by Mindset
No time limit on edits.

An alert system when you have been quoted and a tagging system would be nice if possible.
I'm not sure what would go into an alert and tagging system. Both are very good ideas. Right now the only alert system is with threads.
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Lift the cross-genre ban in the CBVF.
Use this forum:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/....php?forumid=89
Originally posted by Tzeentch
We need a co-admin/sub-admin who can make nescesarry changes on the forum when Raz inevitably goes afk again. This is like the third time he's come back and been like "I'm here for good", and while I can respect that he's a busy man I think having a backup person to maintain the site in his absence would just be the responsible thing to do.

And I second the removal of sig limits and edit limits. This is 2015, no one has dial-up anymore.
We will likely have a co-administrator.
Originally posted by Galan007
-I'd say start by streamlining the KMC forums as a whole. Get rid of all the redundant forums that don't generate much activity(there are quite a few of them)--the Harry Potter forum, for example, could easily be removed and/or condensed into the existing Movie Discussion forum. This should leave Raz with a pretty condensed cluster of 'core forums' that would be much easier for he and the mods to not only monitor, but cohesively build upon as well. However, if he's going to adjust the forums in such a way, an extra mod in each forum might be needed, as the 'workload' in each forum could potentially increase.

-On that note, think about demoting mods who have been inactive for months/years. Nothing against them, but mods *should* be among the most active members of the community, imo. If they aren't active, other mods have to pick up their slack... Which isn't fair to anyone.

-A co-Admin is a great idea if Raz doesn't plan on sticking around this time. There needs to be *someone* who can continuously make various changes to KMC on an Admin-level, just to keep up with the times.... And this site is already WAY behind the eight ball where that is concerned.

-Take away the editing window. There's really just no need for it.

-Increase the sig/avatar sizes. As was mentioned, pretty much everyone in modern society has the bandwidth to support the increase.

There are several other changes/updates that I'd like to see happen, but we have to start *somewhere*. Given that Raz hasn't been around in a couple years, he's likely getting inundated with a multitude of 'requests' that simply aren't feasible... Just remember: baby steps are better than no steps. smile
There are requests to streamline the forums and remedy the mod situation from other posters and mods. Those items have been brought to Raz's attention several times over the past few years. Hopefully he'll be around enough to implement the easy fixes.

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jun 12th, 2015 03:04 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Yes please remove the edit lock. So annoying. That also would free up the mod workload as well.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2015 03:06 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

As we've discussed in the mod forum at various points, co-admin or some similar thing is THE request. Everything else can come later.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2015 03:22 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

thumb up

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jun 12th, 2015 03:23 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Digi you don't need any more mod powers. Your shady enough with the April fools jokes

Old Post Jun 12th, 2015 03:24 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Digi
As we've discussed in the mod forum at various points, co-admin or some similar thing is THE request. Everything else can come later.
Definitely. thumb up

Old Post Jun 12th, 2015 03:24 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

On a different minor note...
The search function needs a tweak. Plus the top 25 posters shows all posters in descending order but the top 25 thread starters only shows 25.

And on a really minor note, if you search a thread for a poster it only shows 200 posts maximum. At the very least a counter showing the amount in a thread would be helpful.

There was some other stuff a little off if you will that I found while screwing around with the site. I'll try and think of it.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2015 03:29 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

completely overhaul the opening page of killermovies.com..

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 12th, 2015 03:54 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
completely overhaul the opening page of killermovies.com..
Unfortunately Raz isn't in charge of the actual site. And I've never received an adequate answer for the reason Zed hasn't updated the main page in years.

The only logical plan is for me to take over everything. thumb up

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jun 12th, 2015 04:27 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Who's the probable choice among the mods for co-Admin? Ush?

Old Post Jun 12th, 2015 04:29 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Galan007
Who's the probable choice among the mods for co-Admin? Ush?
Yeah... or Backfire... somehow hopefully.

The rest are new in comparison or dead.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2015 04:33 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Yeah... or Backfire... somehow hopefully.

Dear Lord, that sounds scary and smelly. How about Bada or Imp for Co-Admin. I am comfortable with this choice.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2015 04:34 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote