KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Leader of NAACP chapter exposed as caucasian

Leader of NAACP chapter exposed as caucasian
Started by: marwash22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bardock42

The edit doesn't work right, but here's the little snippet again, hope it works

quote:
We don't know the entirety of Dolezal's story, and we will likely learn more. If it's troubling, it's at least partly because it feels like Dolezal is adopting the culture without carrying the burdens. And with the fake father and the fake children, it seems like she's deceiving people for the sake of an a la carte blackness, in which you take the best parts, and leave the pain aside.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 10:47 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Omega Vision
The point of minority scholarships is to ensure that disadvantaged groups are given opportunities. Even if white people become the minority in America, whites will still be relatively better off if economic trends hold, so it wouldn't be the same thing.

Exactly.

Which is why there are no jew scholarships.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 11:03 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Oy. Vos iz shlekht . Ir zol zayn farshemt !!!! laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 02:08 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well now we come to more bizarre things though. It seems that you can only become a trans..whatever, if you're taking on some kind of burden? It's bad for her to say she is black because she isn't taking on that burden(though chick has had nooses left on her damn door, I know plenty of black people who have never had that). Admittedly it is probably less to do with just being black and more "you are black and in the NAACP".

So what about a white female woman who decides to become a man? Or that she is a man? White men don't really suffer burdens in this country. Yet is it any less legit? Or even to look at Caitlyn Jenner, I'm sure she will have to deal with burdens from being TRANSGENDER, but she didn't grow up with the same burdens most females do.

Last edited by Surtur on Jun 14th, 2015 at 04:25 PM

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 04:20 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

You are nailing it, man. Well put.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 09:30 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
Well now we come to more bizarre things though. It seems that you can only become a trans..whatever, if you're taking on some kind of burden? It's bad for her to say she is black because she isn't taking on that burden(though chick has had nooses left on her damn door, I know plenty of black people who have never had that). Admittedly it is probably less to do with just being black and more "you are black and in the NAACP".

So what about a white female woman who decides to become a man? Or that she is a man? White men don't really suffer burdens in this country. Yet is it any less legit? Or even to look at Caitlyn Jenner, I'm sure she will have to deal with burdens from being TRANSGENDER, but she didn't grow up with the same burdens most females do.

Exactly I said the same thing.

Originally posted by Time Immemorial
People are just jealous.

Some white people are born black, just like some males are born female, like Jenner. I don't see the big deal.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 09:36 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by krisblaze
Exactly.

Which is why there are no jew scholarships.

I'm unclear on the status of Asian American scholarships, but if they exist it's as weird as if there were "white scholarships."

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 09:45 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 10:35 PM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Meh. As a black man, I find what she is doing to be stupid and unintentionally offensive and counter productive, and entirely unrelated to LGBT issues. The fight against racism hinges on the concept that race is an irrelevant social concept and all people have inherent egalitarian value regardless of how much melatonin is in your skin.

Gender and race are entirely different. A man wishing to be a woman is practically desiring an entirely new chemical make up and "reproductive" organ system. Wanting to be another race though, is just retarded counterproductive thinking. You shouldn't "feel black", because objectively, all races are equal since the concept of race is again meaningless. By desiring to be a different race, you aren't preaching equality, you are unwittingly acknowledging that there is an objective inequality between races, which defeats the entire purpose of the fight for equal rights for all.

This woman is well intentioned, but very stupid, and may have possibly set a dangerous precedent. I can understand admiring black culture, but lying about undergoing struggles stereotypical of blacks and posing as black to get a scholarship like a female Soul Man seems a bit extreme and arguably unintentionally racist. If she really wanted to feel equal to blacks, it involves not seeing an objective difference between black and white and not seeing race as a barrier, which she clearly did since she felt she had to change herself and lie to overcome it.

It's like trying to ally with the Chinese government by posing as Fu Manchu. It just defeats the purpose.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Last edited by Lestov16 on Jun 14th, 2015 at 11:32 PM

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 11:30 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Now your discriminating against what people feel though right?

Yes she lied, like much of the rest of the world does when they try and get something they want. Enlisting before the age of 18, lying about income to receive food stamps and welfare, claiming dependents that are not your own, claiming a different address to put your child in a different school.

Color is skin deep. Where is male and female is completely different.

If a person identifies as black, so be it.

And literally she has not done anything counterproductive, she's helped the cause.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 11:52 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

You can't simply "identify" as black though. Because "Black" is a long history of struggle and hardship that stands to this day. Things she can't claim as a white woman. You can't just equate race and gender because the concept of being one thing and feeling another are the same. All it takes to become a different gender technically is surgery and hormone pills. And even then, you're still not truly a different gender. You just look and feel different. A woman who became a man can't impregnate another woman. A man who became a woman can't give birth.

You can't just be another race. I can't just bleach my skin, put on a blond wig and call myself white. I don't magically gain all the privilege white people have in the US. I won't suddenly stop being profiled and harassed.

It doesn't work that way. It just doesn't. And on top of all that, the way she went about it is just wrong. She basically lied to everyone and put on a very dedicated black face for a few years.

Last edited by KingD19 on Jun 15th, 2015 at 03:04 AM

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 03:01 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by KingD19
You can't simply "identify" as black though. Because "Black" is a long history of struggle and hardship that stands to this day. Things she can't claim as a white woman. You can't just equate race and gender because the concept of being one thing and feeling another are the same. All it takes to become a different gender technically is surgery and hormone pills. And even then, you're still not truly a different gender. You just look and feel different. A woman who became a man can't impregnate another woman. A man who became a woman can't give birth.

You can't just be another race. I can't just bleach my skin, put on a blond wig and call myself white. I don't magically gain all the privilege white people have in the US. I won't suddenly stop being profiled and harassed.

It doesn't work that way. It just doesn't. And on top of all that, the way she went about it is just wrong. She basically lied to everyone and put on a very dedicated black face for a few years.
Look at this trans-racist.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 03:09 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Mindset
Look at this trans-racist.

Yup

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 03:40 AM
riv6672

Originally posted by Lestov16
Meh. As a black man, I find what she is doing to be stupid and unintentionally offensive and counter productive, and entirely unrelated to LGBT issues. The fight against racism hinges on the concept that race is an irrelevant social concept and all people have inherent egalitarian value regardless of how much melatonin is in your skin.

Gender and race are entirely different. A man wishing to be a woman is practically desiring an entirely new chemical make up and "reproductive" organ system. Wanting to be another race though, is just retarded counterproductive thinking. You shouldn't "feel black", because objectively, all races are equal since the concept of race is again meaningless. By desiring to be a different race, you aren't preaching equality, you are unwittingly acknowledging that there is an objective inequality between races, which defeats the entire purpose of the fight for equal rights for all.

This woman is well intentioned, but very stupid, and may have possibly set a dangerous precedent. I can understand admiring black culture, but lying about undergoing struggles stereotypical of blacks and posing as black to get a scholarship like a female Soul Man seems a bit extreme and arguably unintentionally racist. If she really wanted to feel equal to blacks, it involves not seeing an objective difference between black and white and not seeing race as a barrier, which she clearly did since she felt she had to change herself and lie to overcome it.

It's like trying to ally with the Chinese government by posing as Fu Manchu. It just defeats the purpose.

I have to agree with a lot of that to one degree or another. Gender and race, completely different.
Fu Manchu, evil genius.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 10:12 AM
dadudemon

I really enjoyed this thread. Especially TI's comments.

Great thread, TI. thumb up

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 12:01 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

This thread was made possible by the generous donations of the NAACP. smile

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 12:48 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

In this new world where we praise a guy for becoming a girl, can we really also then sit back and say "you can be a man who becomes a woman, but not a white woman who becomes a black woman".

I'm not saying gender and race are the same, but I'm saying what gives us the right to draw that line? But then see..we obviously do need a line drawn. What happens when some crazy f*ck begins self identifying as a lion or a horse or something?

Last edited by Surtur on Jun 15th, 2015 at 02:02 PM

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 01:59 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

My guess is that person dies an embaressing sexually deviant death...sad

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 02:28 PM
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Now your discriminating against what people feel though right?

Yes she lied, like much of the rest of the world does when they try and get something they want. Enlisting before the age of 18, lying about income to receive food stamps and welfare, claiming dependents that are not your own, claiming a different address to put your child in a different school.

Color is skin deep. Where is male and female is completely different.

If a person identifies as black, so be it.

And literally she has not done anything counterproductive, she's helped the cause.

The thing about race, and why it's so problematic, is that it's more about how others identify you than how you identify yourself.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 02:42 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Surtur
In this new world where we praise a guy for becoming a girl, can we really also then sit back and say "you can be a man who becomes a woman, but not a white woman who becomes a black woman".

I'm not saying gender and race are the same, but I'm saying what gives us the right to draw that line? But then see..we obviously do need a line drawn. What happens when some crazy f*ck begins self identifying as a lion or a horse or something?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Species_dysphoria

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 03:00 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote