KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Dark Matter (Comic Book TV series)

Dark Matter (Comic Book TV series)
Started by: The Nuul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Squirrel Fart

Dark Matter (Comic Book TV series)

The six-person crew of a derelict spaceship awakens from stasis in the farthest reaches of space. Their memories wiped clean, they have no recollection of who they are or how they got on board. The only clue to their identities is a cargo bay full of weaponry and a destination: a remote mining colony that is about to become a war zone. With no idea whose side they are on, they face a deadly decision. Will these amnesiacs turn their backs on history, or will their pasts catch up with them?

It's like Firefly (with less quality and worst writing) and SG-1 put together based on a comic book with low budget production. It's cheesy, I'm not a fan of the Syfy network, the quality is just not there, SG was okay at the time, but this Dark Matter show, I'll give it two more eps to see if I like it or not.

Y'all can feel free to check it out.

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on Jun 14th, 2015 at 07:29 PM

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 07:27 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

I set my TiVo to record all of season one. I hope its good.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 07:50 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i dvr'd the first ep this morning.. will likely watch tomorrow sometime

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 08:04 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Have you guys seen this yet, did you like it?

Old Post Jun 17th, 2015 10:45 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

The second Ep was better for the most part. thumb up

But the CGI and production are still cheesey though.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2015 02:06 PM
BlackZero30x
Jack

yeah its pretty cheesy but it doesn't bother me too bad. The second episode was a lot better then the first but it feels like something is missing. We will see how it shapes up though.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Jun 21st, 2015 02:50 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Doesn't look terrible

Old Post Jun 21st, 2015 03:09 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

second ep was all right,, the has been holding my interest so will continue to watch

Old Post Jun 21st, 2015 06:54 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Slow ep, but it wasn't bad. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: That ending doe.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2015 01:23 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I've been watching this show. I'm through the first 8 episodes or so. It's not perfect, definitely a Firefly rip-off, but not as good at world building and character play. However, it doesn't have the lame space-western vibe that Firefly had (which I didn't care for). It's a good show if you like sci-fi/space opera stuff, which I do a lot. I'll wait until I finish season 1, but so far I hope it gets renewed for another season.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2015 10:03 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

watched the whole season.. show was all right,, glad its getting a second season

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2015 05:12 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
...glad its getting a second season

So that's been decided already? Can I get a link?

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2015 10:51 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Wait, a quick Google search answered my question, cool. Good news.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2015 11:19 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

So I finished the first season the other day. I liked some of the later episodes a lot, I think they're setting up for some interesting stuff, but good lord this show is a Firefly rip off. The last episode however was quite unsatisfying and unnecessarily confusing. But that seems to be how this show works, keeps you confused so you will want to know how it all fits together.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2015 01:15 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I just started Season 2 of this. Only 3 episodes in and really enjoying it. I might even say it's shaping up to be better than the first season. Hope it continues. This is definitely one of my favorite new shows. I'm a sucker for sci-fi, and this is very good sci-fi.

Damn is Portia Lin cool... damn hot..

(please log in to view the image)

I was glad to see this has already been renewed for Season 3.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2016 11:12 PM
Squirrel Fart

i just bought this thumb up

there was only one in stock for my city and it cost me 50 bucks ( over priced video store) erm

much better acting on this show for the main crew than on the expanse

this is a fun show to watch thumb up

need to watch season 2 though

Old Post Dec 9th, 2016 07:04 PM
Squirrel Fart

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I just started Season 2 of this. Only 3 episodes in and really enjoying it. I might even say it's shaping up to be better than the first season. Hope it continues. This is definitely one of my favorite new shows. I'm a sucker for sci-fi, and this is very good sci-fi.

Damn is Portia Lin cool... damn hot..

(please log in to view the image)

I was glad to see this has already been renewed for Season 3.

have you seen the expanse yet, if so, what did you think of if?

which sci-fi show do you think is better so far... dark matter or the expanse?

Old Post Dec 9th, 2016 09:15 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ I haven't really given The Expanse a proper chance yet.

I just realized that Season 3 for Dark Matter is airing right now. Sweet.

It's getting pretty good reviews, too... Dark Matter - RT

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 02:09 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I haven't even bothered with season 2 of The Expanse yet, trying to be like BSG a little bit too much for me. I'll give this a go if it turns out to be a bit more fun.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 05:30 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

How is Expanse trying to be like Galactica?

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 06:26 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote