KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Final Fantasy VII Remake

Final Fantasy VII Remake
Started by: AuraAngel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 14 15 [16]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
So at the State of Play on Thursday they announced a PS5 Upgrade (free to owners of the PS4 version) that will fix load times, textures and lighting. They also showed off the DLC that would be coming out: It's a chapter where you get to play as Yuffie and some Wutai people... and it's a PS5 exclusive. I think that's kinda, if not really dodgy tbh. The game came out on PS4. Put even a scaled down version on PS4.

But no, the console that is nigh impossible to get right now is getting dlc for a game that came out on PS4.

Welcome to Sony's dickish marketing strategies.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2021 09:12 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Sony sucks.

I have a ps4 and when I get the next gen, its gonna be a Series X.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2021 09:39 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

So at the State of Play on Thursday they announced a PS5 Upgrade (free to owners of the PS4 version) that will fix load times, textures and lighting. They also showed off the DLC that would be coming out: It's a chapter where you get to play as Yuffie and some Wutai people... and it's a PS5 exclusive. I think that's kinda, if not really dodgy tbh. The game came out on PS4. Put even a scaled down version on PS4.

But no, the console that is nigh impossible to get right now is getting dlc for a game that came out on PS4.

I didn't know it was PS5 exclusive. That's a dick move from Sony. No doubt.

Even business wise, it seems weird. Surely they'd sell more copies by letting PS4 owners buy it? I have no plans to get a PS5 anytime soon, and this isn't enough to make me do it(even if they were easy to find).

I'd imagine many folks are in the same boat. Willing to purchase the dlc, but not rush into a PS5 just for that one thing.

Last edited by StyleTime on Feb 27th, 2021 at 11:10 PM

Old Post Feb 27th, 2021 10:55 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's a shame, Sony gets the best exclusives by far.

There is simply no equivilent to Dragon's Crown, in terms of pixel art.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2021 11:08 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

And people that get the game from PS+ are not going to be allowed to upgrade the game. Lol

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Feb 27th, 2021 11:23 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
And people that get the game from PS+ are not going to be allowed to upgrade the game. Lol

That's just a low blow. eek!

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2021 11:34 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Hey now, don't just blame Sony; Square has been bastardy enough in recent years. They deserve stick too.

The new mobile games... No interest in the battle royale one, but Ever Crisis will be a lot of fun to play on a pc i think.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 28th, 2021 12:37 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Huh,, wonder if my G8 ThinQ will still be viable when it comes out.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2021 12:48 AM
StyleTime

Originally posted by cdtm
It's a shame, Sony gets the best exclusives by far.

There is simply no equivilent to Dragon's Crown, in terms of pixel art.

thumb up Dragon's Crown was a fun multiplayer experience too.
Originally posted by cdtm
Huh,, wonder if my G8 ThinQ will still be viable when it comes out.

Good news is that your equipment won't matter in the coming years. Cloud gaming services still have some improvements to make(input lag can be bad, uses tons of data, etc), but once Stadia, Luna, XCloud, Shadow, etc are perfected, it'll all be moot. You're running the games on their equipment, but the image is streamed to yours. Even old devices will be able to run the newest games, provided they can use the service.

Part of me thinks this might be the very last generation of consoles, or at least conventional ones. This will be a very interesting decade for gaming because things are changing rapidly.

Granted, companies will still pull dick moves like this. Exclusives won't go away. They'll just be on a specific service, kinda like Netflix or Hulu originals.

Last edited by StyleTime on Feb 28th, 2021 at 02:18 AM

Old Post Feb 28th, 2021 02:07 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

It's frustrating but I understand why they did it. You can tell they really struggled to get the game to run on the PS4. There's some hideous texture work in there that they must have done in order to get the game to work on the old console.

Anyways, I finally got around to playing this. Overall I thought it was very good. But there were some decisions that I don't really agree with. The main one being having the entire game take place in Midgar. Having experienced the game I can say the game would have been better had they not done that. Midgar is like 3 hours in the original game and to stretch that out as much as they did led to the inevitable filler crap. Lot of the game is is just filler. Padding. Stuff that's there because they need to extend 12 hours of content into 40. Long repetitive corridors, back tracking, bad side quests. Plus it led to some very severe environment fatigue for me. Pretty much everything in midgar looks the same. Everything is grey or brown and ugly. And there's no real open areas. I really got tired of the areas I was in after around the half way point.

The plus side of extending midgar is that it allowed them to expand a lot of characters, world and storylines. Like Shinra felt like much more of a presence, and that was because we were in Midgar for so long. Also making Jessie, Biggs and Wedge into what amounts to full characters with interesting personalities and backstories was really nice. I just think they didn't need to make Midgar the WHOLE game. I think Midgar could have ben stretched to around 15 hours and it would have been fine and still achieved all the good stuff, but avoided all the fatigue and filler.

The combat in the game was outstanding. Really enjoyed it. Was fun and exciting and all the moves looked great, also really liked how they handled weapons, in that the weapons are kind of sidegrades now and not just straight upgrades. I was still using the buster sword a lot even towards the end of the game. All the weapons stay relevant the whole way through which is nice.

As far as the ending goes, it didn't bother me. I know it pissed off a lot of people but I thought it was fine, even though it answered no real questions. But that's to be expected from Square games now it seems. I think they could do some interesting things in the future games with what they set up at the end here, but we'll see if they do.

So I'd give it like an 8 out of 10. Good game, could have been better, I have high hopes for the sequel as it should offer better pacing and environmental variety than this game had.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2021 01:13 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by BackFire
It's frustrating but I understand why they did it. You can tell they really struggled to get the game to run on the PS4. There's some hideous texture work in there that they must have done in order to get the game to work on the old console.

Anyways, I finally got around to playing this. Overall I thought it was very good. But there were some decisions that I don't really agree with. The main one being having the entire game take place in Midgar. Having experienced the game I can say the game would have been better had they not done that. Midgar is like 3 hours in the original game and to stretch that out as much as they did led to the inevitable filler crap. Lot of the game is is just filler. Padding. Stuff that's there because they need to extend 12 hours of content into 40. Long repetitive corridors, back tracking, bad side quests. Plus it led to some very severe environment fatigue for me. Pretty much everything in midgar looks the same. Everything is grey or brown and ugly. And there's no real open areas. I really got tired of the areas I was in after around the half way point.

The plus side of extending midgar is that it allowed them to expand a lot of characters, world and storylines. Like Shinra felt like much more of a presence, and that was because we were in Midgar for so long. Also making Jessie, Biggs and Wedge into what amounts to full characters with interesting personalities and backstories was really nice. I just think they didn't need to make Midgar the WHOLE game. I think Midgar could have ben stretched to around 15 hours and it would have been fine and still achieved all the good stuff, but avoided all the fatigue and filler.

The combat in the game was outstanding. Really enjoyed it. Was fun and exciting and all the moves looked great, also really liked how they handled weapons, in that the weapons are kind of sidegrades now and not just straight upgrades. I was still using the buster sword a lot even towards the end of the game. All the weapons stay relevant the whole way through which is nice.

As far as the ending goes, it didn't bother me. I know it pissed off a lot of people but I thought it was fine, even though it answered no real questions. But that's to be expected from Square games now it seems. I think they could do some interesting things in the future games with what they set up at the end here, but we'll see if they do.

So I'd give it like an 8 out of 10. Good game, could have been better, I have high hopes for the sequel as it should offer better pacing and environmental variety than this game had.

I feel bad for never replaying to that. sad

==

So, the game is coming out for pc next week, the 16th of December... on Epic Games Store only.

They can **** off until Steam gets it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 10th, 2021 11:35 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote