KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Final Fantasy VII Remake

Final Fantasy VII Remake
Started by: AuraAngel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ares834

**** no. Dirge was awful. They are best pretending it never existed in the first place.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2019 05:11 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

That game was that bad?

Old Post Jun 17th, 2019 06:21 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
That game was that bad?

Nope. It's fun blasting things around as Vincent.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2019 09:06 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Maybe if they ever released it in the PS2 classics on the PSN or do a remaster i'll check it out.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2019 02:14 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by ares834
**** no. Dirge was awful. They are best pretending it never existed in the first place.
The game sucks, but Genesis is ****ing awesome and that secret ending was the best part of the game.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 18th, 2019 02:58 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Max is awesome. He brought out a new video later on talking about playing the media demo again, and he talked about how characters have stances now (one for light attacks, one for heavy), and about how certain moves can combo together to do extra damage.

So it looks like even the hack and slash stuff is going to have decent depth to it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 18th, 2019 01:10 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by -Pr-
Max is awesome. He brought out a new video later on talking about playing the media demo again, and he talked about how characters have stances now (one for light attacks, one for heavy), and about how certain moves can combo together to do extra damage.

So it looks like even the hack and slash stuff is going to have decent depth to it.

I like the story he brings up in that video, How his reaction video to the first FF7 remake trailer is helping the people on the remake get motivated whenever they're getting frustrated or down.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2019 12:39 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

This game brings back memories. I remember not playing it until around 1999 and it was on PC. I had to hunt down special video codecs and stuff just to get it to run.

I have the cosmo canyon theme song downloaded on my PC.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2019 05:08 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I like the story he brings up in that video, How his reaction video to the first FF7 remake trailer is helping the people on the remake get motivated whenever they're getting frustrated or down.

Yeah, it just goes to show how a lot of the people at Square do genuinely want to bring the best version of the game out.

I just hope this weird "ethics committee" stuff and Sony being Sony don't mess with it too much. My expectation is that it'll be fine in the end... Assuming they actually finish the damn thing and don't get two parts in before deciding to scrap the rest of it.

Originally posted by Surtur
This game brings back memories. I remember not playing it until around 1999 and it was on PC. I had to hunt down special video codecs and stuff just to get it to run.

I have the cosmo canyon theme song downloaded on my PC.

The music is fantastic, though that's always been a staple of the series, imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 21st, 2019 01:12 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

My buddy told me that this first game is only about 10% of the entire story. That this game will only take place in Midgar.

If that is true, it's a no from me dawg.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2019 05:48 AM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Trocity
My buddy told me that this first game is only about 10% of the entire story. That this game will only take place in Midgar.

???

That wouldn't make any sense in any way. Lmao.

I found this but you should really take "the Sun's" articles with a grain of salt: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/92841...es-looks-great/

Last edited by Jmanghan on Jun 21st, 2019 at 06:06 AM

Old Post Jun 21st, 2019 06:03 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

https://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-vi...he-p-1835426634

Lol never mind, this is a really stupid business model.

People love FFVII, but making the game that small is going to make them look incredibly dumb.

Thats like MGS Ground Zeroes level of ****ery. (and needless to say that is not good.)

Old Post Jun 21st, 2019 06:10 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Trocity

It might be only 10% of the story but the first episode has the same length as any of the other Final Fantasy games.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2019 06:20 AM
Jmanghan

It might be only 10% of the story but the first episode has the same length as any of the other Final Fantasy games.
Zenji man, that doesn't make any sense at all.

It's 10% of the story but it's worth 100% of the original game's story?...

It might last as long as something like Chrono Trigger, which is around 15-20 hours.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2019 12:30 PM
ares834

I'd be fine if it was that length. Honestly, my concern is less the length of the game and more whether it will be padded out with bland filler.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2019 04:10 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Zenji man, that doesn't make any sense at all.

It's 10% of the story but it's worth 100% of the original game's story?...

It might last as long as something like Chrono Trigger, which is around 15-20 hours.

"Shrugs"....makes alot of sense to me

but i agree with ares, As long as it's not padded with filler.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2019 02:40 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Y'know I didn't mind how Tifa looks in the Remake but when you find out Sony forced Square Enix to have their devs go through an "ethics department" to find what's "inappropriate" with Tifa's current model as a result, suddenly you do. Like really?

https://www.polygon.com/2019/6/19/1...antasy-7-remake

Square says they have an ethics department that was totally there for a long time after having been asked why Tifa looks different from her past versions. They don't say Sony made them alter her looks but eversince they enforced those censorship policies, is it really that hard to believe that happened?

Mind you, I'm not mad at the deflated chest itself. If it's what the devs planned from the get-go, fine but to waste time changing her is...buh. Someone legit wasted the time and resource to make a serious team of people monitor fictional characters bazoogles and sound the alarm at the sight of the slightest jiggle. Are you $@#&ing kidding me? That's as pointless if Nick Fury created the Avengers just to have 'em run his yard sale for him!

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jun 26th, 2019 at 07:03 PM

Old Post Jun 26th, 2019 06:49 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Would've thought you'd be one of these people complaining about Tifa wearing a sports bra.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2019 06:16 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Would've thought you'd be one of these people complaining about Tifa wearing a sports bra.

Seriously, that become your first thought from all that?! lol

Well I guess technically I am? Sports bra Tifa wasn't even the first Tifa of this game. She looked as you would expect but again, someone from Sony got triggered and wanted her changed. What's the point of the ESRB existing then? It's stupid.

Only reason Tifa looks normal in Dissidia if you're wondering btw is 'cause Team Ninja is trying to fight the BS.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jun 29th, 2019 at 01:06 AM

Old Post Jun 29th, 2019 12:58 AM
Impediment
Endless

I’m seeing a lot of people complaining that the first release of Remake will be only Midgar until the chase to the end of the highway after the escape from Shinra building.

I mean, that’s quite a ways into the game, and that was just the original release. Do you know how much new shit they can put into this remake?

I’m nothing but excited!

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Sep 8th, 2019 12:08 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote