KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Donald Trump, 45th President of the United States

Donald Trump, 45th President of the United States
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (1053): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
So I have to say now I kind of somewhat support Trumps stance on illegal immigration. Not the whole "they are all rapists and murderers" but we definitely need some major changes to happen, look at this disgusting story:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-border-n386646

Here is the most important/messed up part:

"Sanchez is an undocumented immigrant who has been deported from the U.S. five times. U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement said Sanchez was turned over to San Francisco authorities in San Francisco on March and that the agency had asked for him to remain in custody until immigration authorities could pick him up. That request was not honored,"

Been deported several times, was requested to remain in custody until they could deport him again, but SF said nope because they are a "sanctuary city" and now an innocent person is dead. I'd honestly be looking into suing the city or whoever I could over this if I was related to the person killed.

I honestly hope maybe the article got some details wrong or something, because I can't wrap my head around the fact this guy had already been deported several times and yet they refused to hold him in custody.

Trump belittles what is the largest minority group in the US just because he wants to pander to people who are afraid of paying for immigrants, despite all being descendants of immigrants themselves. Oh, and Mexico being a shithole people should rightly want to leave. Taking an exceptional example to make a sweeping judgment is always a fallacy, in any case.

Originally posted by psmith81992
If we play the blame game, we can find a shitstorm from either party running the country, which makes this an exercise in futility.

People really need to stop using unemployment charts because the number of people who are no longer part of the employment numbers (they gave up) is increasing dramatically. But this entire thread is about each side posting favorable statistics to his side.

Really, you can find charts and stats to favor either side. Considering the corruption in the government agencies anyways, self-reporting is a crapshoot.

However, I can tell you from personal experience that job hunting is much easier now than five years ago.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2015 05:20 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
However, I can tell you from personal experience that job hunting is much easier now than five years ago.

You must not be talking about white collar jobs that you need graduate degrees for.

There'll be a golden ladder reaching down.
When the man comes around.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2015 05:33 PM
psmith81992 is currently offline Click here to Send psmith81992 a Private Message Find more posts by psmith81992 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

LOL. Being "illegal immigrants" is not the same as being descendants of those who settled this country and fought for/won it's independence. Major fail, dude.

If immigrants want to live here so phucking bad then they should go thru the proper procedures of becoming naturalized citizens. If they're not willing to do that then their asses have no goddamn right to be here. PERIOD. END OF STORY. Quit making lame ass excuses for them being here illegally. If you don't mind millions of illegal aliens being in this country then why don't you let them come live with you? You can take care of all of them instead of expecting true red-blooded Americans to pay for taking care of them.

I have no problem with immigrants being here as long as they do it legally.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Last edited by Star428 on Jul 7th, 2015 at 05:52 PM

Old Post Jul 7th, 2015 05:42 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16

LOL "Settled" aka mass genocide/forced relocation/slavery

Mexicans have more relation to America's original inhabitants than we do.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2015 05:50 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lestov16
LOL "Settled" aka mass genocide/forced relocation/slavery

Mexicans have more relation to America's original inhabitants than we do.

There wasn't mass genocide. 96% of the Indian population died of plague before the Puritans arrived.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2015 05:54 PM
psmith81992 is currently offline Click here to Send psmith81992 a Private Message Find more posts by psmith81992 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

There wasn't mass genocide. 96% of the Indian population died of plague before the Puritans arrived.

Those particular numbers sound suspect. Regardless, having been the direct cause of such a mass wipe out and then (as opposed to helping the natives rebuild and repopulate, as they would have done) choosing to to wipe out the weakened remnants of their civilization, utterly destroy their culture and take all of their land away from them for all time...

... doesn't actually go n the 'morally ok' book, so your comment that it wasn't a genocide is rather disingenuous. American settlers stole native land on top of the natives' dead bodies, and added to the dead body heap if they tried to resist. There's no way out of it.

Of course, by now it's just one of those facts of history- plenty of crappy things done in history- but Lestov's original statement does have a point that you cannot dismiss by saying 'disease weakened them first'.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jul 7th, 2015 at 06:23 PM

Old Post Jul 7th, 2015 06:03 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

My question is what are we determining the kill count to be before we start using "mass genocide"?

Old Post Jul 7th, 2015 06:11 PM
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

Apologist are funny

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 7th, 2015 06:14 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Apologist are funny

You mean apologists? Lol.

Also who is being an apologist? I'm simply correcting the guy above me in terms of history. Good try thumb up

Old Post Jul 7th, 2015 06:15 PM
Lestov16

Didn't millions of natives die when settlers deliberately gave them blankets coated with smallpox?

Old Post Jul 7th, 2015 06:15 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

You mean apologists? Lol.

Also who is being an apologist? I'm simply correcting the guy above me in terms of history. Good try thumb up

Yeah, that's what I said.

You seem mighty defensive.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2015 06:18 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

Didn't millions of natives die when settlers deliberately gave them blankets coated with smallpox?

This guy tells it like it is:

"I'm the first to admit we took this country from the indians but what were they doing with it anyway; shooting off bows and arrows and using seashells for money." - N. Arbuthnot

Old Post Jul 7th, 2015 06:22 PM
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, that's what I said.

You seem mighty defensive.

quote:
Apologist are funny

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 7th, 2015 06:22 PM
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

So you're still losing it over the omission of a single letter/typo. You must really be butthurt; just how deep did I get in your head last time.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2015 06:30 PM
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

So you're still losing it over the omission of a single letter/typo. You must really be butthurt; just how deep did I get in your head last time.

Poor rob. That's twice you've made yourself look like a fool. I admire your desperate attempts at a rationalization laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 7th, 2015 06:31 PM
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

Deep, very deep, apparently.

But maybe you could tell us more stories of how the Native Americans just died of natural causes.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2015 06:34 PM
dadudemon

No. That was a single situation/event. But millions did die from the germs the Europeans brought over. Captain Simeon Ecuyer is the gent you are thinking of (he's the dude that sent out the blankets and handkerchiefs). But, by that time, millions had likely perished already from the diseases.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2015 06:35 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

It was a genocide alright. Talking about victims of sickness to deflect the attention from methodical extermination isn't erasing the murders.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2015 07:00 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psmith81992
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bentley
It was a genocide alright. Talking about victims of sickness to deflect the attention from methodical extermination isn't erasing the murders.
I wasn't trying to I was correcting your historical inaccuracy.

Rob, please stop crying, it's embarrassing.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2015 08:03 PM
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

Says the guy flipping out over an obvious typo as a means to deflect from his foul-ups. BTW, learn the difference between "there" and "their". YW, smithy.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2015 08:06 PM