KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Donald Trump, 45th President of the United States

Donald Trump, 45th President of the United States
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (965): « First ... « 946 947 [948] 949 950 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rage.Of.Olympus
RIP GUY222

That's an opinion piece with zero proper attached studies that refers to a "statistician". Didn't they teach you how to source information to ensure it's valid in High School?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 07:40 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

I think you've all convinced me, if everyone actually had more guns, violence would go down according to the NRA. It's a shame the LV terrorist decided to pull his attack in a state like Nevada, which has some of the strictest gun laws. Wait, that's wrong, it has some of the most relaxed.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 07:41 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
I think you've all convinced me, if everyone actually had more guns, violence would go down according to the NRA. It's a shame the LV terrorist decided to pull his attack in a state like Nevada, which has some of the strictest gun laws. Wait, that's wrong, it has some of the most relaxed.

that's a single incident rob.

I'm providing research and statistics. you are providing opinion based solely on what you've heard and personally think.

let's be objective and fact based. refute the evidence I've provided.

the problem isn't weapons...it's culture...it's personal
psychology rob.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 07:43 PM
Raisen is online now! Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
That's an opinion piece with zero proper attached studies that refers to a "statistician". Didn't they teach you how to source information to ensure it's valid in High School?

I sourced a link for something I thought he might find interesting. Cry about it some more. I wasn't writing a term paper on this, I'm posting on a message board.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 07:45 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

notice the outlier?

Attachment: screen-shot-2014-03-31-at-monday-march-31-3_17-am.png
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 07:45 PM
Raisen is online now! Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
KMC's #1 Rated Member

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

But the website has "reason" right in its name. Surely that counts for something.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 07:49 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur

But the website has "reason" right in its name. Surely that counts for something.

The most hilarious this of all is that it originally comes from that fivethirtyeight site, which is left leaning, but okay.

It also has a higher factual reporting rating than CNN, btw.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 07:50 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I liked the idea I heard today on how to solve the issue of stopping Mass Shootings in the US.

And it was to get rid of an Amendment....NOPE not the 2nd...The First Amendment at least the part about Free Assembly. We make it so it is illegal to allow groups to have more then 49 people gather.

So there....NO MORE MASS SHOOTINGS!!!!!

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 07:52 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

I'm posting sources that should be hard to dispute.

I'm working on more of the countries on rob's list.

there is almost no correlation between gun restriction and homicide rate.

what we generally have is a political and financial problem.

there is no point in making weapon access more limited to "good" people if it doesn't change homicide rates significantly.

I want to see some logic and facts here

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 07:53 PM
Flyattractor

My other question is this. If they do Get rid of the 2nd Amendment and the GUMMINT does go around confiscating people's guns. Will the People doing the Confiscating be carrying GUNS when they do it?

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 07:55 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

here's Ireland and Jamaica. murder rate increased after ban

Attachment: ireland-jamaica-2.jpg

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 07:58 PM
Raisen

rate has been lowering post world war 2.

Reason?

Attachment: the-homicide-rate-in-japan-1888-2003-johnson-2006-png.png

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 08:11 PM
darthgoober

You proved nothing, sorry. The ease of which 'dump stocks' can be purchased is what let to the high death toll in the LV terrorist attack. This is what the LV police/sheriff is saying, his full-auto guns and his ability to "spray and pray" because of that is why he killed so many as opposing to having to pick and shoot targets.

Do you honestly think that if we make it even mre difficult for someone to kill a mass of people with a gun that he/she won't just pick another way of attacking large groups such as an automobile or homemade explosives? I don't remember which country the auto attack that killed even more people than the LV attack happened in, do you have any idea how their gun regulations compare to ours?

Last edited by darthgoober on Oct 5th, 2017 at 08:19 PM

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 08:12 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

The Left would be happy if people were killed by Pressure Cooker Bombs instead of guns.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 08:14 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Raisen
notice the outlier?

what's your source?

Last edited by Rockydonovang on Oct 5th, 2017 at 08:19 PM

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 08:16 PM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Uh, us having a low homicide rate doesn't at all preclude us from having a lower homicide rate.

Per your graph, it seems less guns correlates with less homicide in general.

you read the graph incorrectly.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 08:17 PM
Raisen

?

Attachment: us-homicide-rate-1891-2008.jpg

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 08:21 PM
Raisen

what's your source?

too late bro. already quoted you before you edited.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 08:21 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Yea, I double checked the graph and realized I was misreading the X axis.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 08:24 PM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

what's your source?

https://crimeresearch.org/2014/03/c...ross-countries/

The information was taken from UNITED NATIONS OFFICE ON DRUGS AND CRIME

Bro. I know you have your beliefs. Just go with the facts. It's important to look at trends before and after gun bans.

it's not the guns. open your mind

Old Post Oct 5th, 2017 08:25 PM