KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Whis runs the DBGT gauntlet

Whis runs the DBGT gauntlet
Started by: AsbestosFlaygon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bbrem123

SSG Goku was 70% of Beerus but two SSGSS's would not be enough to beat him?

That would mean they get weaker in this new form right? haha

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2015 01:23 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Lol, I know. Doesn't makes much sense... But that's pretty much Tori's MO these days. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2015 02:08 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Trocity
Funny that GT is supposedly a way stronger verse, yet the feats performed in it are garbage in comparison to Z.

The guy who can shoot his goofy drill arm is way stronger than Majin Buu? Hilarious.

Same can be said for Z. What actual feats put 17 and 18 above Frieza? Frieza blew up a planet. !7 and 18 didn't do anything even close to that. Based on feats Frieza should stomp both of them at the same time right?

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2015 02:28 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Also, Roshi busted a moon. If collateral damage were the end all be all, that would make him moar powaful than all the Androids put together. Hell, that would make him > Vegetto as well. smile

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2015 02:38 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Trocity
Funny that GT is supposedly a way stronger verse, yet the feats performed in it are garbage in comparison to Z.

The guy who can shoot his goofy drill arm is way stronger than Majin Buu? Hilarious.

The actual strongest physical feat was in GT, SSJ4 lifting the city.

Collateral damage, as mentioned, peaked at Frieza saga.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2015 06:36 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Originally posted by Q99
The actual strongest physical feat was in GT, SSJ4 lifting the city.

Collateral damage, as mentioned, peaked at Frieza saga.

Kid Buu did pop a planet too. But yeah it was more about power scaling post Namek

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2015 06:39 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Crimson Dragoon
DEBIRUMAN

Originally posted by bbrem123
SSG Goku was 70% of Beerus but two SSGSS's would not be enough to beat him?

That would mean they get weaker in this new form right? haha

Whis said if the two Bluper Saiyans teamed up, they could fight on par with Beerus

I think Bluper Saiyan Goku is 75%-80% of Beerus myself

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2015 11:37 PM
Crimson Dragoon is currently offline Click here to Send Crimson Dragoon a Private Message Find more posts by Crimson Dragoon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

Originally posted by Crimson Dragoon
Whis said if the two Bluper Saiyans teamed up, they could fight on par with Beerus

I think Bluper Saiyan Goku is 75%-80% of Beerus myself
So SSGSS is only a ~5% increase...That is completely wrong. Toriyama needs to fix that nonsense.

Or maybe it just shows how flawed all this power scaling really is stick out tongue

Last edited by bbrem123 on Jun 24th, 2015 at 01:03 PM

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 01:01 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

SSJGSSJ Goku/Vegeta must be really close to 100% Beerus' level individually, otherwise they'd get stomped w/o much effort. Remember, in DBZ the number of fighters counts for absolutely nothing if they're significantly weaker.

So imo, SSJGSSJ Goku/Vegeta are probably within 5% of Beerus. Not quite powerful enough to beat him solo, but close enough to beat him as a team.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 03:50 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 03:55 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Did you not know SSJGSSJ Goku/Vegeta had blue hair?

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 04:05 PM
bbrem123

that article says SSGSS is weaker then SSG?

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 04:09 PM
bbrem123

I still dont understand why they had goku go into that red haired form. Makes no sense.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 04:09 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by bbrem123
that article says SSGSS is weaker then SSG?
No. Toriyama is talking exclusively about on-screen visuals--blue felt like a weaker color to him than red, and he liked the contrast.

But canonically: SSJGSSJ Goku(blue)>70% Beerus>SSJG Goku(red).

Last edited by Galan007 on Jun 24th, 2015 at 04:24 PM

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 04:15 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

The article implied red was stronger than blue, which left me confused. I knew about the blue hair. stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 04:18 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Galan007
But canonically: SSJGSSJ Goku(blue)>70% Beerus>SSJG Goku(red).
I need to make a note here.

A few weeks ago, I recall coming across a source which stated that SSJGSSJ Goku>70% Beerus. While that may still be true(and likely IS), I cannot find the where this statement originated--so I cannot call it canon. However, the line about Goku and Vegeta potentially matching Beerus is canon.

Straight from the film:
Whis: "You two really don't get along well at all. If only you teamed up, why, you could even fight on par with Lord Beerus!!"
Beerus: "Put a lid on it, Whis!!"

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 04:20 AM
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

Remember Even being a fraction omore powerful than someone in Z universe makes you capable of rearranging their face with no problem.

Even if the blooper saiyans were 90% Beerus there is clout to reason that Beerus would still win. Because 10% of Beerus' power is still astronomical.

Edit: Remember that Dodoria=20,000 Vegeta= 22,000. And he washed his willy clean.

Lets start by summoning feats.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2015 03:49 PM
Dramatic Gecko is currently offline Click here to Send Dramatic Gecko a Private Message Find more posts by Dramatic Gecko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

What about Whis time manip? He has demonstrated that he can rewind time.
He can use this as an advantage against his opponents.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Jun 26th, 2015 04:24 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

Whis seems wayy to fast

Old Post Jun 26th, 2015 07:42 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Galan007
Dunno which version of Rilldo this is. Just commenting that even in his base form, Rilldo>Majin Buu.

Tbh, I'd guess Goku was referring to Pure/Kid Buu when he made that comparison. "Majin"=evil/demonic. While Fat Buu was still around in GT, he was a good guy. The Majin title would no longer fit... I also don't remember them ever referring to Fat Buu as "Majin Buu" in GT either--they just called him "Buu", iirc. /shrug

Given the power-scaling in GT, Oozaru Baby should stomp Whis, tbh.

English dub had Goku compare Rilldo to Majin Buu, yes.

But the original was even more vague... just "Buu":

(please log in to view the image)

Another difference --- Japanese version has Goku speaking directly to Rilldo, whereas the English dub had Goku talking with Pan instead:

Pan, not now. Let grandpa handle this. He's powerful. Even more powerful than Majin Buu.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2020 09:51 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote