KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » World War DESPERO

World War DESPERO
Started by: LordofBrooklyn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 6 7 [8]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
Carver I sent you a PM about discussing this very thing. Would you be able to check it out please?

Just read it. Honestly, I don't want to debate that topic anymore. We went through an entire BZ about this topic and I can't stand Battle zones or discussing one topic for long extended periods of time. I had a good time going through the WWH fight with you but that was my limit on the topic and honestly, no matter what either of us say, I think our minds are made up. Whatever topic it is in regards to the Sentry vs Hulk fight, we can discuss it here. Just bump a thread since this isn't the appropriate thread for a topic like that.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 12:34 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by carver9
Just read it. Honestly, I don't want to debate that topic anymore. We went through an entire BZ about this topic and I can't stand Battle zones or discussing one topic for long extended periods of time. I had a good time going through the WWH fight with you but that was my limit on the topic and honestly, no matter what either of us say, I think our minds are made up. Whatever topic it is in regards to the Sentry vs Hulk fight, we can discuss it here. Just bump a thread since this isn't the appropriate thread for a topic like that.

We can't discuss it here because that would be off topic (which wasn't what I wanted to do anyway). I wanted to iron out a few things that's all.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 12:36 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

We can't discuss it here because that would be off topic (which wasn't what I wanted to do anyway). I wanted to iron out a few things that's all.

True. If there's a Sentry vs Hulk thread, we can use that.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 12:39 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

True. If there's a Sentry vs Hulk thread, we can use that.

Trust me it's better to PM. This is mainly between us. Plus I think there is a lot about what I think that may have been missed.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 12:43 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Trust me it's better to PM. This is mainly between us. Plus I think there is a lot about what I think that may have been missed.

We can PM it. I'm at work right now. Is there a set time on when I can respond to you within the day because 7 pm EST is a good time for me.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 12:55 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

We can PM it. I'm at work right now. Is there a set time on when I can respond to you within the day because 7 pm EST is a good time for me.

Anytime you want mate. I'm not fussed thumb up

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 12:56 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

That was more due to Sentry wanting to be put down rather than him jobbing.

It was legit. He was in a terrible state throughout that comic mentally. If he's leaving his house despite being that badly affected by his Agoraphobia and thereby being weakened along with it. He had no choice but to either don't leave and everyone dies or leave and save them.

With him not being stable and out of control he ended up letting rip at Hulk and losing control halfway through the fight. Although he tries his best to get knocked out. As you can see him saying "Just. Once. More".

A Sentry that depressed and Unstable isn't going to use his Molecular Manipulation to stop Hulk in place and tear him apart. He's not going to care about citizens in the near midst (as he didn't show any regard when he was endangering the entire city). He just kept pummelling the Hulk. In short he wasn't stable enough to use his various abilities.

So in short given the context of the story I'd say it was a legit showing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And Strange only lost because when he saw civilians in danger he hesitated. Hulk would have been plastered across the floor of the city otherwise. If the bystanders hadn't been there Zom would have gained more control over time and Hulk would be green cheese.

I understand, but even if you want to say it isn't jobbing that still amounts to Hulk never having actually beaten Sentry operating at full capacity.

So I would still ask if that is the type of Sentry Despero would come up against.

As for Strange..I know but what I'm saying is a competent Strange shouldn't have to invoke a demon in order to stop Hulk.

Last edited by Surtur on Jun 24th, 2015 at 02:59 PM

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 02:55 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Surtur
I understand, but even if you want to say it isn't jobbing that still amounts to Hulk never having actually beaten Sentry operating at full capacity.

So I would still ask if that is the type of Sentry Despero would come up against.

As for Strange..I know but what I'm saying is a competent Strange shouldn't have to invoke a demon in order to stop Hulk.

Name 3 fights that happened in comics where full capacity took place. Name them please. You might as well discredit every fight Surfer, Kyle, Magneto, Fire Storm, and Thor has been in comic wise because neither of these beings has used 'everything in a single battle'. Not even a percentage of what they can do. I don't know what you expected Sentry to do in his fight against Hulk but I think you need to look at his fights against Genis, Blue Marvel, Collector, etc, and see if you can find your answers there. I feel pretty got darn safe at saying you will not. No fight will happen the way you are expecting it to happen, NONE. So with that said, EVERY character jobbed against EVERY character in comics...not just Hulk.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 03:20 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Name 3 fights that happened in comics where full capacity took place. Name them please. You might as well discredit every fight Surfer, Kyle, Magneto, Fire Storm, and Thor has been in comic wise because neither of these beings has used 'everything in a single battle'. Not even a percentage of what they can do. I don't know what you expected Sentry to do in his fight against Hulk but I think you need to look at his fights against Genis, Blue Marvel, Collector, etc, and see if you can find your answers there. I feel pretty got darn safe at saying you will not. No fight will happen the way you are expecting it to happen, NONE. So with that said, EVERY character jobbed against EVERY character in comics...not just Hulk.

When I say full capacity for Sentry, that is otherwise just me saying Sentry his strongest. As in, his strongest feats.

You don't know what I expected Sentry to do in his fight? Well, for one thing..anything other then just mostly punching the Hulk and when he did use his energy powers they were nowhere near his top level.

I never said Hulk is the only character people job to. But we are talking specifically about a story about Hulk though.

Last edited by Surtur on Jun 24th, 2015 at 04:37 PM

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 04:33 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Surtur
When I say full capacity for Sentry, that is otherwise just me saying Sentry his strongest. As in, his strongest feats.

You don't know what I expected Sentry to do in his fight? Well, for one thing..anything other then just mostly punching the Hulk and when he did use his energy powers they were nowhere near his top level.

I never said Hulk is the only character people job to. But we are talking specifically about a story about Hulk though.

laughing out loud laughing out loud

What were you expected Sentry to do. Provide scans as well. It's not like he was throwing love taps.

He blitz Hulk through some building while having his entire body circled in Sentry energy out put. So what we have here is a blitz along energy output.

http://s118.photobucket.com/user/bi...wwh009.jpg.html

Tried to Blitz again but got his face punched in.

http://s118.photobucket.com/user/bi...wwh012.jpg.html

He then engulfs the entire battle field in energy.

http://s118.photobucket.com/user/bi...wwh017.jpg.html
http://s118.photobucket.com/user/bi...wwh018.jpg.html

Energy that Ben and Reed described as him using the power of a million exploding suns.

http://s118.photobucket.com/user/bi...wwh016.jpg.html

He engulfs Hulk in this energy. The same energy that people were referencing during the fight as being able to destroy Earth.

http://s118.photobucket.com/user/bi...wwh019.jpg.html

He blasts and punch Hulk throughout the entire fight. I don't know what you are or were expecting during this fight but everything you said is wrong. It wasn't a punch fest. The only person that was punching was Hulk. Now if you're resorting to nothing but high showings, lol, then it'll be kinda hard for Sentry to even hurt the Hulk if we look at Hulk's best. If we look at Hulk's best, a couple of Thunder claps would ruin Sentry but we don't debate primarily off of high showings. Sentry is capable of beating Hulk just like Pak said Hulk is capable of beating Sentry. That fight went just like it should have and both of them became more powerful afterwards. The moral of the story is, cry me a river.

No fight plays out the way you expect them to go. Every fight is jobbing using your line of debate. Not some but ALL. People fight no where close to the way you are thinking, none. All of Thor fights are jobbing, Superman, Surfer, Green Lanterns, etc...you might as well don't even pick up a comic and just write your own if you can't understand that a character doesn't use every single ability they have in a fight to its maximum. This is common sense and it applies to Hulk as well since he does more than punching. With that said, until you provide some evidence of Sentry fighting anywhere close to what you are trying to apply against people other than Hulk, then your point is what? BOO BOO.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 05:08 PM
carver9

Here is a good Sentry respect thread ( the one here sucks). It has all of Sentry fights. Show me him fighting anywhere close to what you are assuming in your post against a single opponent.

http://www.comicvine.com/sentry/400...-sentry-654344/

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 05:10 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

Here is a good Sentry respect thread ( the one here sucks). It has all of Sentry fights. Show me him fighting anywhere close to what you are assuming in your post against a single opponent.

http://www.comicvine.com/sentry/400...-sentry-654344/

Really?

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 05:12 PM
carver9

Really?

It doesn't outline Sentry fights and the scans are singled out instead of showcasing the entire fight.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 05:35 PM
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

It doesn't outline Sentry fights and the scans are singled out instead of showcasing the entire fight.

Allow me to mediate. Both Sentry and WWH would demolish Despero.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 05:42 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Whenever the Sentry thread is mentioned you always talk down to it. I remember you saying it was full of bias.

Or should we forget the point you said that Hulk hurting the Beyonder Pre Retcon was actual proof Hulk could hurt someone like that? I just don't see a huge problem with Enzeru's thread.

Granted people are gonna have problems with parts because Enzeru is a very headstrong guy (probably the most headstrong person I have known here).

I think he even beats you out stick out tongue

They might criticism parts of the Q&A's he does but not all of it is bad. The Agoraphobia section was done from personal experience from me that I imparted to him.

I'm just amazed how you think it sucks. It isn't that bad.

Last edited by One_Angry_Scot on Jun 24th, 2015 at 05:46 PM

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 05:43 PM
carver9

Whenever the Sentry thread is mentioned you always talk down to it. I remember you saying it was full of bias.

Or should we forget the point you said that Hulk hurting the Beyonder Pre Retcon was actual proof Hulk could hurt someone like that? I just don't see a huge problem with Enzeru's thread.

Granted people are gonna have problems with parts because Enzeru is a very headstrong guy (probably the most headstrong person I have known here).

I think he even beats you out stick out tongue

They might criticism parts of the Q&A's he does but not all of it is bad. The Agoraphobia section was done from personal experience from me that I imparted to him.

I'm just amazed how you think it sucks. It isn't that bad.

Nooooo, I love Sentry as a character and looking at his threads, I usually vote for him rather than against. I just dont like the respect thread. Too much going on.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 05:53 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

Nooooo, I love Sentry as a character and looking at his threads, I usually vote for him rather than against. I just dont like the respect thread. Too much going on.

Ah okay sorry for the confusion mate,

What specifically don't you like? Do you mean like the Q&A things then?

I can understand how that may not be to everyone's taste.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 05:55 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Considering everything that went on during V&V, and it's ending. Could we also assume that the heroes jobbed against Despero? It just seemed as if they all flew into his fists blind folded, and forgot that they actually had powers. A writer could have easily wrote that a bunch of civilians were mind swapped with the heroes. If everything was blanked out and fan subbed, it would have made more sense than what I witnessed. That is if we consider how easily Despero was finally dealt with, but then again perhaps I missed something.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 06:25 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Stoic
Considering everything that went on during V&V, and it's ending. Could we also assume that the heroes jobbed against Despero? It just seemed as if they all flew into his fists blind folded, and forgot that they actually had powers. A writer could have easily wrote that a bunch of civilians were mind swapped with the heroes. If everything was blanked out and fan subbed, it would have made more sense than what I witnessed. That is if we consider how easily Despero was finally dealt with, but then again perhaps I missed something.
thumb up

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 07:32 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Carver and Scot feel free to debate the topic in here.

I don't mind at all.

P.S. Carver, destroy him for offending The House of El!

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 10:32 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote