KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Is Superman one of the top 10 smartest characters in comics?

Is Superman one of the top 10 smartest characters in comics?
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RangerDX
If written correctly he is def up there, over guys like Batman, Terrific etc. But these 10 are def smarter from DC not including night/ or omniscient beings

Brainiac 5
Brainiac 1
Brainiac 2
Brainiac 3
TO Morrow
Metron
Luthor
Caulder
Magnus
Ultra-Humanite (honestly as the original Superman villain he has feats even better than Lex in science, and has outsmarted Supes multiple times)

Metron should be higher (above Brainiac 1).

Brainiac 3 is also above 2
Lyrl is a 12 level genius like his grandfather, Vrill II is a 10th level. Yes Vrill II has beaten both more than once, but that isn't because he has a greater intellect overall, it's because he's a better psychologist and more manipulative bastard than both

Ultra doesn't have better science feats than Lex,.
In many areas of science Lex is well above him.
In medical science Ultra would be above and maybe in time travel technology.
That's only two areas of study to many more that Lex has excelled in to levels above Ultra (one of Ultra's first appearances he even states on panel he was crap at making robots as I recall).

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2015 02:19 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

As others have said, I do think it is a combination of speed reading and just overall enhanced intelligence. You also have to take into account his super senses I think, because he can detect some wacky stuff with those, and I don't know..surely that would come in handy? He also is at times portrayed as stupid. It bugs me the same way some people think he has no fighting skills and is just a brawler, but that isn't necessarily true either.

The problem is he has so much power already that if he outright refines that power to its highest degree you are left with an even more unstoppable character. You also then begin making other members of the JLA obsolete.

But yeah DCnU version read every single medical book on Earth. You see because in the DC universe a single hospital somehow has a selection of every medical book ever.

Last edited by Surtur on Jun 23rd, 2015 at 04:17 PM

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2015 04:14 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Why is is that you allow some off topic threads and nix others even when there are no problems in the threads? This is not battle thread, yet it remains active.

Because every thread has a shelf life. This one, for example, is going to get moved very soon.

More troublesome threads get closed more quickly.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2015 04:47 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

So the two threads i had closed yesterday were troublesome? Okay.

There was no explanation given so i didnt know. Since i cant control what people say in any thread i'll just keep in truckin'.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2015 07:16 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
Because every thread has a shelf life. This one, for example, is going to get moved very soon.

More troublesome threads get closed more quickly.

That's what I thought, but you all closed a thread I started yesterday that had both good contribution and not a hint of a problem, unlike so many other threads. The one about which D.C./Marvel character would most change the landscape in the other's universe.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2015 07:38 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

That was a fun idea.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2015 08:35 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CatL18

He can be smartest being in DC universe in theory.
For example, In Redson, Even Bizzaro has defeated luthor in Chess game.
But He doesn't use his intelligence for plot.I think

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 01:26 PM
CatL18 is currently offline Click here to Send CatL18 a Private Message Find more posts by CatL18 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote