KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Orbalisk Bane vs. Exar Kun

Orbalisk Bane vs. Exar Kun
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Raptor22

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stigma
Yeah. That's a glaring weakness of most pro-Bane arguments. thumb up
aren't most of kuns best feats while he's on a nexus/amped?

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 12:34 AM
Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

No.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 01:29 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Which is irrelevant for either guy due to the location

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 01:35 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Good point, if Kun gets amped then Bane gets stomped.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 01:38 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

thumb up

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 01:49 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

Originally posted by AncientPower
No.
out of curiosity what r his best unamped/non-nexus feats?

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 01:52 AM
Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Redirecting Aleema Keto's Sorcery attack, which could leave charred skeletons and knocking her out with it.

Shrugging off Odan-Urr's Sever Force attack and one-shot killing him.

Casually tanking starfighter bombing runs with his barrier, whilst walking through Iziz.

Stomping Vodo Siosk-Baas.

Stalemating Ulic Qel-Droma for potentially hours before getting his preferred weapon.

Freezing the senate with a stasis field/spell casually.

Much more but there you have it.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 02:49 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by AncientPower
Apart from the Drexl perhaps.

How the hell would I know? No, Freedon Nadd makes his presence known to Kun, encouraging his effort.

Which is irrelevant when Kun's augmentation is superior.

Standard saberstaffs are nothing like Exar Kun's unique weapon, this is a legends fact. Stop ignoring this so you can lowball Kun as usual.

Exar Kun is a master of his weapon, don't be ludicrous.

Ulic was a Djem So user, so was Vodo, Makashi was a common form back then. Niman on Kun's level has been used once, by Kun himself.

No, people have heard of Exar Kun's saberstaff and ascribe the weapon to Kun as it's originator, yet Kun's weapon is entirely different from standard saberstaffs, it has half the length of a saberstaff hilt, as it simply has another emitter on the base of the hilt. It uses a dual-phase setting and intensity settings.

Exar Kun uses these settings randomly to confuse and trick enemy duelists, combined with his battle precognition it made him unstoppable in combat. These tactics would completely negate Bane's efforts and Kun's aim is precise, taking maximum effect on the orbalisks' weak spots.

Furthermore, Kun's chest plate contains lightsaber resistant materials, Exar Kun is his physical equal or superior.

Furthermore in an all-out Kun can quite seriously beat him down with the Force, his defenses are also superior.

Exar Kun wins, all here except yourself agrees.

Including that. They took place at the same time, he turned a Drexl into a charred husk and disintegrated it's beast riders with a quick, one-handed blast. Also as carthage noted, the location is the Massassi temple anyway.

If you don't know, then maybe you're wrong about it being the default setting. My point stands though, Kun failed to do it on pure strength. Considering he previously failed to more than scratch it, the cutting power of his saber clearly played a massive role in the feat.

It isn't though.

As usual? I hold Kun in higher esteem than most here. Calm down and stop being so needlessly aggressive. It doesn't matter that his lightsaber has a smaller hilt, what Kas'im said still applies to it. He still can't perform quick stabs or thrusts and Bane is well aware of the movements of the double blades. In his training with Kas'im he'd "seen every possible sequence, series, move, and trick with the double-bladed lightsaber, and he knew how to counter and nullify them all." Kun's lightsaber isn't that unique.

I didn't say he wasn't, just pointed out that he severely lacks experience using it, versus Bane's wealth of experience with fighting the style. Though I wonder if there actually is any statement saying that he'd mastered it. He did have an extraordinarily short amount of time to familiarise himself with it. Bane utterly surpasses him in experience with a double-bladed lightsaber.

I'm not seeing where it says Vodo was a Djem So user. Now why Makashi is relevant here. Bane doesn't use standard Djem So anyway, he orbalisks radically change his style.

(please log in to view the image)

Dude, I knoooooow. I know all about Kun's weapon and tactics. Also it made him "virtually unstoppable" in combat the whole 1 time he used it, lol. That's clearly hyperbole. I might as well try passing off Bane having "impenetrable" defenses. Malak was also said to be nearly unstoppable and look at how he did, Revan kicked his ass like 5 times in a row. Also lmao at Kun's precise aim. He attacks like a bear with a bee in its ear. Nowhere does he show any special precision. Sarro could snatch a fly out of the air and Raskta utterly eclipsed him yet even she couldn't touch Bane. Anyway, dual-phase and intensity settings are hardly unique or even particularly rare and those kinds of tricks are far inferior to the advantages Bane has with the orbalisks. Bane doesn't need to give a shit about Kun changing his lightsaber settings, he can freely unload on him with little fear, only moving his head from Kun's counter-attacks. Also Kun didn't have battle precognition, he just had regular precognition.

Bane's faster than Kun is, and his flimsy chest plate offers ridiculously less protection than Bane's armor. Bane can overwhelm him with his incredible offense while Kun has a massive disadvantage in retaliating.

Kun would need time to build up enough power to beat Bane down with the Force which certainly wouldn't be easy with how much of a tank Bane is. Bane stands just as much of a chance of winning in melee before then. And don't underestimate Bane's force attacks, he can disintegrate a dozen droids with a single thrust of his hand and he can instantly turn armored men to ash with a rather casual attack.

Appeal to majority. This forum has been infested with Bane haters, most people saying he loses means nothing. You'll note however, that I have not said that Bane wins. My original statement is that it could go either way. If Bane can engage Kun is sabers he can overwhelm him. But if Kun can get his amulet blasts going he can overwhelm Bane with his increasingly powerful attacks. I've never stated that Bane > Kun as far as I can recall.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2015 11:13 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote