KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Caedus vs. ROTJ Vader/Mara Jade Skywalker

Darth Caedus vs. ROTJ Vader/Mara Jade Skywalker
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Angelalex242

Well...can she execute hit and run tactics?

Probably, because Vader is a tank and he's not the sort of guy you can afford to leave yourself open to. He really can't afford to take much attention off dear old granddad, leaving hit and run a viable choice.

Can she control the environment?

Unless it's a flat, featureless plane, yes. Anything else helps. In a forest, she'd drop a tree on him in like fashion. In an urban environment, she'd drop a ceiling or a lamppost on him. In short, debris is going on a date with his head in quantity. If it's there in the first place.

Can she give her two shorter weapons an advantage? Sure. And if she can't, she's still got her purple full length blade. Among other things, Vader's still throwing everything he's got at his grandson, and Caedus can't afford to take it lightly. It must be remembered that Vader did manage to work with a very young Mara as Emperor's Hand, back in the day, so she has a pretty good idea of what her father in law can do.

And yet, turning away from Mara's likely to get him shanked by assassin tactics. If it were D&D, you could picture flanking+sneak attack to get an idea of what's happening to Caedus.

Rage amp? Probably the least important part of her arsenal. Besides, Vader has rage enough for two. (Even if he's mostly angry at himself, usually)

Old Post Jun 29th, 2015 04:33 AM
Click here to Send Angelalex242 a Private Message Find more posts by Angelalex242 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Lol @ it being poor writing that Mara could challenge an injured Caedus with environmental and emotional advantages.

Not seeing him beating them both, tbh.

You thought the writing was good in Legacy?

I'm not saying the poor writing was the reason Mara could challenge him, I was noting how inconsistent and bad the writing in Legacy was - it was a small note at the end of my argument.

Lol @ your air of superiority, passive aggressive message though.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2015 11:54 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I think Denning just tried to make the fights more realistic and similar to brawling overall. That being said I think the team has a shot

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 29th, 2015 10:17 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity

Originally posted by Trocity

I'm not saying the poor writing was the reason Mara could challenge him, I was noting how inconsistent and bad the writing in Legacy was - it was a small note at the end of my argument.

Lol @ your air of superiority, passive aggressive message though.

Oh man, I forgot I wrote this. This is early morning, pre-coffee me LOL, I'm such a prick.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2015 10:25 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

Team takes this. Mara almost killed him in their first encounter and having Vader as a teammate is a bigger advantage than fighting in a cave and having a shoto.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 12:30 AM
Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote:

Nope.

quote:

It's no excuse either way tbh.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 02:07 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by AncientPower
Mara lets Caedus tk her out of the fight, whilst Vader does his best to hold him off Mara hides her Force presence and delivers a severe wound, hit and running him whilst Vader makes it too hard for him to go hunting.

>Mara lets Caedus tk her out of the fight, whilst Vader does his best to hold him off Mara hides her Force presence and delivers a severe wound, hit and running him

>hit and running him

>hit and run

>it's the police sir your son was killed by a hit and run driver, the driver was an alcohol

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 03:25 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Hit and run, ambush, batmanning. I don't give a shit what you call it mr. "Yoda is a predictable duelist and loses to Vader" Jensaarai.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 03:44 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

What a set by AP, as if!

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 04:06 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Let's all point at AP and laugh

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 04:25 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Originally posted by AncientPower
Jensaarai.

???

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 04:48 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Angelalex242

Really terrible youtube video maker. He does vs. battles much like these.

Others of his ilk include Antoine, Evannova, and Greyjedi. They generally do a better job then Jensaari.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 04:56 AM
Click here to Send Angelalex242 a Private Message Find more posts by Angelalex242 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Angelalex242
Really terrible youtube video maker. He does vs. battles much like these.

Others of his ilk include Antoine, Evannova, and Greyjedi. They generally do a better job then Jensaari.
**** you

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 01:26 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity

I could have sworn he used to repeat points from those very same videos until people told him they were garbage lol.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 02:06 PM
Angelalex242

I did. No harm in admitting to learning something. Life is about learning after all.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 02:16 PM
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Legacy was... not great:
quote:

Lightsaber wounds hurt a lot more than he ever imagined. Jacen screamed. He summoned his own weapon back to his hand and Mara crashed into him, knocking him flat again and pinning him down. Her vibroblade stopped a hand span from his throat as he managed to grab her hair and drag her face nearer and nearer to his lightsaber. She struggled to pull back, hacking at him with the shoto but blocked by his dwindling Force power each time.

Her vibroblade grazed his neck. He fumbled in his belt for a dart. She jerked back with a massive effort, leaving him clutching a handful of red hair, and the only thing that crossed his mind as she arched her back and held her arms high to bring both shoto and vibroblade down into his chest was that she would never, ever harm Ben.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 02:23 PM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity

I guess he let go of the lightsaber to grab the dart, only way I can make sense of it. Otherwise, when she arched her back, bringing both shoto and vibroblade up high, he could have just swept his lightsaber across her.

Last edited by Trocity on Jun 30th, 2015 at 02:30 PM

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 02:27 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by ILS
**** you

When comes the next video?

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 07:06 PM