KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Last of Us Part II

The Last of Us Part II
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Three weeks out. What do you guys think? Are you going to buy or hold off?

Gameplay looks too similar to the first, which I wasn't a fan of (I liked it strictly for the story). Largely linear with limited replayability or gameplay deviation. It's not as bad as the first in that regard thanks to some advancements (like prone stealth and bigger sandboxes), but it's still pretty one note.

On the other hand, you don't get enough quality horror action titles these days. Especially not longer (15-25 hr) third person horror experiences like Dead Space and RE4. If leaks are to be believed, this game is close to 35 hours. I kind of want to support that.

PWNT

Old Post Jun 1st, 2020 12:15 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Holding off for sure.

Like I said, I wasn't feeling this game in the first place as I found it wholly unnecessary. The spoilers just made it a certain pass for me.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2020 12:26 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Some of the reviewers are Hinting that the leaks outside of the videos are not accurate.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2020 12:55 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Three weeks out. What do you guys think? Are you going to buy or hold off?

Gameplay looks too similar to the first, which I wasn't a fan of (I liked it strictly for the story). Largely linear with limited replayability or gameplay deviation. It's not as bad as the first in that regard thanks to some advancements (like prone stealth and bigger sandboxes), but it's still pretty one note.

On the other hand, you don't get enough quality horror action titles these days. Especially not longer (15-25 hr) third person horror experiences like Dead Space and RE4. If leaks are to be believed, this game is close to 35 hours. I kind of want to support that.
My friend, with whom I share ps accounts, has already pre-ordered so it's a day one play for me. With that said, I would have probably pre-ordered myself it necessary because I'm too invested in the universe.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jun 1st, 2020 02:27 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

You can already preload this.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2020 05:29 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Game Informer and IGN rated the game a perfect 10.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jun 13th, 2020 02:58 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

The next big game sequel to another big game from a huge triple A developer is getting great reviews? Stop the presses!

Old Post Jun 13th, 2020 06:08 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by Impediment
Game Informer and IGN rated the game a perfect 10.

Yeah but SJDUBYAS RUINED MUH GAYMZ

Old Post Jun 13th, 2020 09:33 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

A lot of that reviews make this game sound like a drag. Like pretentious in its dour-ness.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jun 14th, 2020 03:31 AM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Sony will censor any third party titles that will flash so much as a buttcrack or side boob but don't mind Last of Us 2 having some raunchy pr0n scenes with nipple and all. Wait, what?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2020 01:18 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

The characters aren't attractive so it's OK.

The memes from it are great though.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2020 01:41 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I can't believe it.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2020 04:12 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by ares834
The memes from it are great though.
No ****ing kidding. The run up to this game's release has been one of the most hilarious meme fests I have ever seen.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jun 19th, 2020 06:49 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Much like the first game, I didn't play it myself, but instead sat and watched as my sister played it. Yeah... Not enjoying the story/narrative as much this time around, but maybe it'll pick up.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 19th, 2020 09:16 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

This game is just SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO f*cking depressing. Like Jesus man, this thing doesn't even have rainbows, that's how bleak it is. Naughty Dog made it literally a downer to play this game.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2020 10:51 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

So every fan hates this game...but the reviewer says its excellent...

Makes sense..

Bankai.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2020 10:51 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Played up to getting to Seattle so far. Pretty samey as the first game. It has mechanics issues that are difficult to ignore. Far too overly convoluted controls for simple things like using a med pack.

Graphics are solid but overall lack the impact and details of RDR2. The lighting is spectacular though.

Some of the more intense fighting can easily overwhelm your character as they just aren't responsive enough to get out of swarms of infected.

As for the big spoiler that was released about a certain character. What exactly were people expecting after the opening scene from the first game? It's not like they don't have a track record of doing stuff like that.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2020 06:22 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Most people expected something like it. Just not in the way it was done. Nor the fact that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: half the game we would play as his killer.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2020 06:54 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by ares834
Most people expected something like it. Just not in the way it was done. Nor the fact that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: half the game we would play as his killer.

And it's not just a spit in the face doing that but expecting you to swallow if it lands in your mouth also.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2020 11:43 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

But that's been done before as well. Nobody cared when you played as Trevor in GTA V when he kills Johnny Kleibitz from GTA IV: The Lost & Damned

Old Post Jun 20th, 2020 11:57 PM