KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Krayt and Yoda vs Palpatine and Dooku

Darth Krayt and Yoda vs Palpatine and Dooku
Started by: Raptor22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Trocity
Fair enough if you think I overrate Krayt, but I don't underrate Dooku. I'm well aware of how powerful/skilled he is.

Luke was helping him in the fight but it doesn't diminish what he did nor how he was portrayed. I don't recall him being amped, though I haven't read Apocalypse in a while. I'll probably find the PDF and post again if he was amped but I don't recall it.

Dooku does boast some of the most impressive feats in the mythos, I'm not trying to diminish him in anyway, I just think Krayt's better. Dooku certainly has the advantage of more exposure so he has quite a bit more feats behind him. But Krayt gave Obi-Wan a good fight much, much before his prime, has slaughtered a ship full of Vong solely with lightning before his prime, ragdolled his hands with a gesture, kicked Cade's ass twice who can at the very least give combatants like Anakin and Maul a great fight, as well as Wyyrlok, and was able to touch every dark sider in the galaxy through the Force when he was reborn, on top of what he did in Apocalypse. He just seems all around more powerful than Dooku, you know?

I don't think Dooku would get stomped by Krayt at all, I think it's a good fight. I understand if you disagree, Dooku is great, I just think Krayt is better in pretty much every area to some degree.

Fair enough. I'd say Krayt is no doubt one of e most powerful Sith to ever exist. However he is a good number of places behind the best.

Ok.

His feats are impressive. However I believe Dooku could replicate most of those. However the abeloth one is something Dooku should stay away from. All around I understand your view but I'd say due to greater experience and exposure Dooku would win. Also his powers are much more homed and sophisticated than Krayt. Also there is nothing except dark transfer that Krayt has that Dooku can't do block or replicate however the same goes for Dooku with the exception of choke. I remember reading some,where Krayt can't do choke or crush. I'm most likely wrong. However Dooku is more powerful than Krayt IMHO. He definitly is a better duelist. I'd say he wins 7-8/10 battles with the blade. In the force he'd beat Krayt 7/10 times.

I accept your opinion but I maintain that Dooku is better. I don't see Krayt being able to do what Dooku did against yoda or even close. However he isn't a push over.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2015 05:18 AM
Click here to Send EmperorSidious2 a Private Message Find more posts by EmperorSidious2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
I remember reading some,where Krayt can't do choke or crush.
that's f*cking hilarious dude

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2015 05:41 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

Originally posted by ILS
that's f*cking hilarious dude

Gotcha. laughing out loud

He's a f****** Sith for crying out loud. Of course he can do force choke and crush. laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 1st, 2015 05:45 AM
Click here to Send EmperorSidious2 a Private Message Find more posts by EmperorSidious2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
Dooku IMO actually does beat Krayt in both the force and sabers.

To touch purely on force, I want to note that Dooku only uses two force powers for offense: Lightning, and TK.

Krayt is in the tiny minority that can absorb force-lighting bare handed, and for his own offense has not just tk and lightning, but also force drain and dark transfer.

quote:
I remember reading some,where Krayt can't do choke or crush.

His missed-tk blast at Cade shattered stone.

Heck, I can name multiple of his minions who can tk grab people's hearts. He personally hasn't done so, but....

Old Post Jul 1st, 2015 07:31 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Dooku has Deflected Lightning bare-handed as well, though his general repertoire of the Force seems to be utility-based, but for more general purposes like movement and countering poisons as opposed to combat.

His raw mastery of such a wide range of techniques (neutral and dark-sided) suggests that his overall Force Mastery approaches Krayt's, but I think it's obvious that he's not exactly comparable in sheer Force power. If anything, I believe he's displayed proficiency in more powers than Krayt, but in powers like telekinesis and Lightning, it's impossible to deny that Krayt is his better.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2015 07:43 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Team 2 in a spectacular fight.

DE!Sidious > Prime!Yoda

Krayt Reborn > Dooku.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2015 02:37 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by Angelalex242
If Sidious is DE, Team 2.

Any other version, Team 1.

thumb up

Old Post Jul 1st, 2015 02:40 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Angelalex242

It's mostly going to be decided by top billing.

Krayt may be better then Dooku, but he's not so much better that Dooku's going to get overwhelmed.

Meanwhile, if Prime Yoda is up against the Emperor Reborn...that's not going to end well for him. I generally estimate Prime Yoda to be about on par with ROTJ Sidious. But he can't take DE.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2015 02:40 PM
Click here to Send Angelalex242 a Private Message Find more posts by Angelalex242 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

I concur.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2015 02:41 PM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by The_Tempest
Perhaps, but Sheev is more powerful than his little green friend.

Didn't catch your last-second edit, my baddddddd

Do you think ROTS Sidious can win this?

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Jul 1st, 2015 04:40 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Angelalex242

Mismatch doesn't help team 1 either, as Dooku will hold Yoda off (having demonstrated an ability to do so in AOTC) better then Krayt will hold DE Sidious off.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2015 05:33 PM
Click here to Send Angelalex242 a Private Message Find more posts by Angelalex242 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote