KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thanos vs Supermans

Thanos vs Supermans
Started by: Adam Grimes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (43): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
iceman24567

quote: (post)
Originally posted by h1a8
Superman has both super speed and super fast reflexes. These are two different powers. It was shown on panel multiple times that Superman can view things frozen in time or in super slow motion. His super reflexes gives him that ability. Comics sometimes ignore that ability by Superman. Good thing this is a forum fight where characters fight to the best of their abilities.
Best of their abilities doesn't mean how h1 wants them to

Old Post Jul 5th, 2015 12:56 AM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by iceman24567
Best of their abilities doesn't mean how h1 wants them to
best to their abilities implies what they have actually shown in comics when they are fighting to their best ability and not things they haven't actually shown.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jul 5th, 2015 06:06 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

I'm going to debunk Thanos durability against blunt force.
If you look at his entire history of all the times he was struck by a high Herald you would see that he was always affected. He never once no sold a blunt force strike from a high Herald. That's because all writer's write him with the durability to be affected by high Herald blunt attacks.

So to magically assume that Thanos is not going to be affected by the blunt force of Superman in a forum is asinine. Once Superman knows how durable and tough a character is then he will adjust accordingly, like he does with Darkseid.

It's Superman speed and, most importantly, reflexes that will make him stomp Thanos with ease in a forum fight. He would always view Thanos in slow motion and thus making his fight against him easy. In a comic, character's reflexes is often ignored for the sake of the story.

So 1 Preboot Supes stomps and 1 dcNu Superman wins a fair majority.

Bwahahahaijsijsijslmao

Old Post Jul 5th, 2015 06:11 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Bwahahahaijsijsijslmao
thumb up

Old Post Jul 5th, 2015 06:16 AM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by iceman24567
thumb up

H1 is hilarious

Old Post Jul 5th, 2015 06:18 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Bwahahahaijsijsijslmao

So I proved that ALL high Heralds can affect Thanos with blunt force. Superman is significantly stronger than any high Herald that physically affected Thanos and thus he can significantly affect Thanos here.

Superman, fighting to the best of his ability, can view time slowed and Thanos moving in slow motion (just like flash and quicksilver can). So this fight will be easy for him.

So let's not ignore the irrefutable logic because you don't like Superman being able to beat Thanos.

Last edited by h1a8 on Jul 5th, 2015 at 05:23 PM

Old Post Jul 5th, 2015 05:20 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Superman can't effect Thanos more than PG Thor did. Plus Superman doesn't have the gem backing his damage soak/durability etc.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2015 05:22 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

So I proved that ALL high Heralds can affect Thanos with blunt force. Superman is significantly stronger than any high Herald that physically affected Thanos and thus he can significantly affect Thanos here.

Superman, fighting to the best of his ability, can view time slowed and Thanos moving in slow motion (just like flash and quicksilver can). So this fight will be easy for him.

So let's not ignore the irrefutable logic because you don't like Superman being able to beat Thanos.

thumb up

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Jul 5th, 2015 05:51 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Insane Titan
Superman can't effect Thanos more than PG Thor did. Plus Superman doesn't have the gem backing his damage soak/durability etc.
By feats Superman is far stronger than Thor. PG Thor never showed more than 2x the strength of his normal self. He simply wasn't drawing from the gem effectively. So Superman is still stronger than PG Thor. Plus Superman has speed and reflexes to avoid being hit more times than PG Thor can. .

Last edited by h1a8 on Jul 5th, 2015 at 06:05 PM

Old Post Jul 5th, 2015 06:03 PM
Odekahn

best to their abilities implies what they have actually shown in comics when they are fighting to their best ability and not things they haven't actually shown.

Much like when Superman unleashed on Manchester Black to prove a point. That's the mindset I think of when discussing a forum fight.

You believe you are dealing with a mere mortal? Foolish is the man who knows not when a god stands before him...

Old Post Jul 5th, 2015 06:46 PM
Odekahn is currently offline Click here to Send Odekahn a Private Message Find more posts by Odekahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

By feats Superman is far stronger than Thor. PG Thor never showed more than 2x the strength of his normal self. He simply wasn't drawing from the gem effectively. So Superman is still stronger than PG Thor. Plus Superman has speed and reflexes to avoid being hit more times than PG Thor can. .
More nonsense. By fears Superman and Thor are pretty much equals in striking fears.

READ the phucking comic for once , PG Thors fears alone prove he was more than 2x stronger than normal. Again you have FAILED to prove the only 2x stronger myth.

The comic itself states Thor was getting stronger by the MINUTE. On panel facts destroy your baseless troll argument.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2015 07:35 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567

Nope you are wrong

Old Post Jul 5th, 2015 07:41 PM
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Why don't u put him on ignored? Then I wouldn't have to read his crazy ramblings

Old Post Jul 5th, 2015 08:28 PM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567

Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Why don't u put him on ignored? Then I wouldn't have to read his crazy ramblings
h1 isn't a he or she but an it.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2015 09:21 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
<insert scan of the mighty Namor bloodying Thanos>

That punch would've taken Superpussy's head clear off.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2015 10:20 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Insane Titan
More nonsense. By fears Superman and Thor are pretty much equals in striking fears.

READ the phucking comic for once , PG Thors fears alone prove he was more than 2x stronger than normal. Again you have FAILED to prove the only 2x stronger myth.

The comic itself states Thor was getting stronger by the MINUTE. On panel facts destroy your baseless troll argument.
you need to Reread blood and thunder. Thor before the gem was pretty much hitting with almost the same force as he was after the gem. PG Thor did hit a little harder though. But not more than 2x as hard. Also I can find showings where normal Thor hit harder than PG Thor.

For you to assume Superman and Thor's feats are nearly equals is a lack of science knowledge. Superman's feats took at least thousands of times more force than Thors. Superman doesn't kill so his hitting a random villain is not a reflection of his true strength. Superman, when letting loose, has one shot trans level beings only with pure physical strikes.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2015 10:52 PM
zeel

I used to like listening to this guy but Some of the shit that you post is just verbal garbage stop with the speed blitz shit man.

And stop with the thor hit 2X's harder crap. I remember the days when you said supes being 1000 times stronger geesh

Last edited by zeel on Jul 6th, 2015 at 01:29 AM

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 01:27 AM
zeel is currently offline Click here to Send zeel a Private Message Find more posts by zeel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by zeel
I used to like listening to this guy but Some of the shit that you post is just verbal garbage stop with the speed blitz shit man.

And stop with the thor hit 2X's harder crap. I remember the days when you said supes being 1000 times stronger geesh
no one mentioned speed blitz in the whole thread. I didn't. My argument is that Superman's reflexes allows him to view much slower things in slow motion. If that's garbage to you then you shouldn't be debating at all.

You can't randomly say two beings are roughly equal in strength because you want it to be so. You have to prove it. If one being has exerted higher forces than another then he is stronger "by feats". This is common sense.
I used to say that going by feats then Superman has exerted more than a million times more force than Thor. For now, it's more than a hundred times more.

It's nothing wrong with that since characters fight against and do ok against characters tens to hundreds of times stronger than them a lot in comics. Just look at Thing vs. Hulk or Colossus vs Hulk. Doesn't mean that Hulk isn't tens to hundreds of times stronger than either.

If I spout nonsense then it is extremely easy to prove me wrong.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 02:38 AM
Insane Titan

you need to Reread blood and thunder. Thor before the gem was pretty much hitting with almost the same force as he was after the gem. PG Thor did hit a little harder though. But not more than 2x as hard. Also I can find showings where normal Thor hit harder than PG Thor.

For you to assume Superman and Thor's feats are nearly equals is a lack of science knowledge. Superman's feats took at least thousands of times more force than Thors. Superman doesn't kill so his hitting a random villain is not a reflection of his true strength. Superman, when letting loose, has one shot trans level beings only with pure physical strikes.
Stop with the troll nonsense. I want to see actual proof backing up this "official" only 2x stronger bs you always claim.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 03:52 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Drax bringing Thanos to his knees with the revenger's Thor mjolnir comes to mind.

H1 is right guys. thumb up!!!!!

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 03:57 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote