KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thanos vs Supermans

Thanos vs Supermans
Started by: Adam Grimes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (43): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Genii96

Why would supes see thanos as slow?,surfer didn't see him as slow,and why do you think thanos is slow in the first place?

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 11:22 AM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Genii96
Why would supes see thanos as slow?,surfer didn't see him as slow,and why do you think thanos is slow in the first place?
Shit logic and refusal to care about any opinion not their own typical h1 ranting

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 11:29 AM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by h1a8
no one mentioned speed blitz in the whole thread. I didn't. My argument is that Superman's reflexes allows him to view much slower things in slow motion. If that's garbage to you then you shouldn't be debating at all.

You can't randomly say two beings are roughly equal in strength because you want it to be so. You have to prove it. If one being has exerted higher forces than another then he is stronger "by feats". This is common sense.
I used to say that going by feats then Superman has exerted more than a million times more force than Thor. For now, it's more than a hundred times more.

It's nothing wrong with that since characters fight against and do ok against characters tens to hundreds of times stronger than them a lot in comics. Just look at Thing vs. Hulk or Colossus vs Hulk. Doesn't mean that Hulk isn't tens to hundreds of times stronger than either.

If I spout nonsense then it is extremely easy to prove me wrong.

laughing Damn, you are a lost cause.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 03:16 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

Thanos beats 2 superman either DCNU or Pre reboot pretty convincingly. After that it gets trickier

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 04:54 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Because Superman and Flash ate a dinner at super speed and the humans didn't react.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 05:18 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

Why did you ignore my PM carTer?

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 09:40 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by iceman24567
Best of their abilities doesn't mean how h1 wants them to

You are right it means they fight..to the best of their abilities. So now a simple question: Is high end super speed one of Superman's powers, yes or no?

Lack of serious speed feats, for one thing.

Originally posted by carver9
Because Superman and Flash ate a dinner at super speed and the humans didn't react.

Yep and there are other times Supes does stuff like this. One time inside the Daily Planet when it was full of people he went and did something at superspeed, but appeared to everyone in the room as if he had not moved at all. I say he did "something" at super speed because I forget the specific thing, but it was like typing on a typewriter or doing some kind of job in the planet quickly.

Last edited by Surtur on Jul 6th, 2015 at 09:49 PM

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 09:44 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567

Pfft as if Thanos hasn't dealt with superspeed if his reflexes aren't enough his shields and aoe attacks make up for it. If Thanos is restrictioned to his physicality I can see 1 Superman beating him anything else is Thanos' fight to lose.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 10:00 PM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ghostman

superman has better combat reflexes and perception. surfer is like usain bolt and superman is like bruce lee. he has the speed feats to back it up

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 10:04 PM
ghostman is currently offline Click here to Send ghostman a Private Message Find more posts by ghostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Why did you ignore my PM carTer?

Didn't get it. What did it say?

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 10:06 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Surtur
You are right it means they fight..to the best of their abilities. So now a simple question: Is high end super speed one of Superman's powers, yes or no?

Lack of serious speed feats, for one thing.

Yep and there are other times Supes does stuff like this. One time inside the Daily Planet when it was full of people he went and did something at superspeed, but appeared to everyone in the room as if he had not moved at all. I say he did "something" at super speed because I forget the specific thing, but it was like typing on a typewriter or doing some kind of job in the planet quickly.

Key word, humans.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 10:07 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pfft as if Thanos hasn't dealt with superspeed

I'm struggling to recall any serious feats. He certainly has fought and defeated beings who have super speed as a power, but as was just pointed out with Superman..people with super speed don't always use it and that goes triple for people who have other high end powers besides speed.

quote:
if his reflexes aren't enough his shields and aoe attacks make up for it. If Thanos is restrictioned to his physicality I can see 1 Superman beating him anything else is Thanos' fight to lose.

Well yes this is true. Just like Silver Surfer has better reflexes then Thanos, but it didn't mean a damn thing because he just can't hurt him.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 11:01 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

There are a bazillion levels of super speed, all faster than humans. Bullets are invisible to humans yet orbital speeds is many times faster. Light is many times faster than even that.
Thanos has super speed (faster than a human) but more on a low level. I would say Spidey is faster than Thanos. Probably Gamora is too.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jul 7th, 2015 04:23 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Pfft as if Thanos hasn't dealt with superspeed if his reflexes aren't enough his shields and aoe attacks make up for it. If Thanos is restrictioned to his physicality I can see 1 Superman beating him anything else is Thanos' fight to lose.
His shields can be crumbled after sufficient powerful attacks. Thanos can't attack while shields are up. He will drop them to attack. That's when he will be open. Can Thanos aoe attacks even harm Superman? Aoe attacks are weaker than straight blasts since in straight blasts all the power is concentrated in one beam vs. Spread out and diluted in aoe attacks.
Plus Superman has the ability to vibrate through energy attacks whenever he wants.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2015 04:30 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567

His shields can be crumbled after sufficient powerful attacks. Thanos can't attack while shields are up. He will drop them to attack. That's when he will be open. Can Thanos aoe attacks even harm Superman? Aoe attacks are weaker than straight blasts since in straight blasts all the power is concentrated in one beam vs. Spread out and diluted in aoe attacks.
Plus Superman has the ability to vibrate through energy attacks whenever he wants.
Yeah whatever. 1 Superman isn't enough to beat Thanos pre or post boot unless Thanos is gimped. I would say 3 Supermen would be enough to get a solid majority against a non gimped Thanos

Old Post Jul 7th, 2015 04:43 AM
h1a8

Yeah whatever. 1 Superman isn't enough to beat Thanos pre or post boot unless Thanos is gimped. I would say 3 Supermen would be enough to get a solid majority against a non gimped Thanos
In comics you may have a case but in a forum characters fight to the best of their abilities. Superman's speed and reflexes will be a factor, as well as his formidable power.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2015 05:01 AM
iceman24567

In comics you may have a case but in a forum characters fight to the best of their abilities. Superman's speed and reflexes will be a factor, as well as his formidable power.
Yeah you already said that stop trying to force your way of thinking on to others I stand by my position get over it and ignored.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2015 05:11 AM
h1a8

Yeah you already said that stop trying to force your way of thinking on to others I stand by my position get over it and ignored.
You mean the correct way of thinking. Having super reflexes and speed is functionally equivalent to perceiving time in slow motion. If you disagree then either you are in denial or don't understand basic common sense. It's too great of a power and MUST be ignored at times for the sake of the plot. Time manipulation is a *****.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2015 05:20 AM
iceman24567

Originally posted by Ionceknewu
what are your thoughts on durability?
Thanos is more durable imo even without shields

Old Post Jul 7th, 2015 05:27 AM
h1a8

Not against blunt force he's not more durable. I'll give him the durability edge against energy attacks though.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2015 05:35 AM