KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)
Started by: marwash22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (53): « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares
Meh. I’ve always found Howard’s films to be rather bland.

He can't do worse than Rogue One.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2017 07:29 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by marwash22
nah. No one knows Boba by his face, they know him from his helmet. if Snake Eyes can go w/o showing his face, so can Boba. Also, if they really felt the need to show his face, they could do the Iron Man HUD thing... but again, that wouldn't be necessary seeing as Boba is known by his helmet.

Everyone knows Boba Fett's face, because we all know he is a clone of Jango Fett. Him having the helmet on or off is irrelevant to the character's mystique.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2017 10:02 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
imo, its just everyone trying to save face...

Lord and Miller left to go work on the Flash movie so all involved just came up with the usual creative diferences excuse

im not worried about the film though

They left the Flash movie project years ago, if you remember (for this project.) Don't get your hopes up.

This has been quite a 24 hours, to say the least. It's surprisingly late in principal photography to make a switch like this, though; something lit the fuse that finally blew this up. Can't think of anything similar except Richard Donner getting relieved of directing duties when he was mostly done shooting Superman II in the late 1970's - the film would take much longer to come out with Richard Lester as the new director. Yet Lucasfilm still believes they can keep the deadline? erm

I would have liked Joe Johnston as the replacement, being a former Lucas protege, but Ron Howard is a safe choice to pick up the pieces.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2017 10:11 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

whether or not anyone likes ron howard (i do) this is obviously an operation in turd-polishing, and he's not a magician. i hope they're just treating the side films like georgle lucas treated his, and not being as careless with the main saga.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2017 10:53 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by roughrider

I would have liked Joe Johnston as the replacement, being a former Lucas protege,

He was? I didn't know that.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2017 11:02 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
whether or not anyone likes ron howard (i do) this is obviously an operation in turd-polishing, and he's not a magician.

laughing out loud

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
i hope they're just treating the side films like georgle lucas treated his, and not being as careless with the main saga.

Uh, hello... Mega Death Star easily dismantled again... laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 12:14 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Darth Thor
He was? I didn't know that.

He was a longtime ILM employee, designing much of the VFX in the original trilogy as an art director (He also designed Boba Fett) before making his directing debut in 1989 with Honey I Shrunk The Kids.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 12:44 AM
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Apparently Lord & Miller were trying to depict Han as a wacky jokester rather than a scoundrel with witty quips.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 12:49 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
He can't do worse than Rogue One.

Not going to get over that are you?

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 06:48 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by roughrider
They left the Flash movie project years ago, if you remember (for this project.) Don't get your hopes up.

Seems like both of them are going back to The Flash movie.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 08:43 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ If they don't the Flash movie will never happen.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 10:29 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

So did anyone know there was a comic adaptation of one of the rough drafts of the original Star Wars (A New Hope) that shows what the characters would've looked like before the final draft, and Han Solo was basically a space smuggler version of Swamp Thing? Would be funny if we suddenly had a movie or something of that Han.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 11:23 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I know about that one, It was from Dark Horse

and most of the stormtroopers had lightsabers.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 11:42 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah, they rode on like feathered dinosaurs on Tattooine carrying lightsabers. It was weird, and seeing what R2 actually says in the comic made me glad you didn't understand what all he was saying in the movies which was just left to the imagination. Also, the emperor in the beginning of the comic looked like some weird combination between Sinestro and Doctor Strange, and Vader was originally two different characters before they merged the two shown in the comic into one, but before that you saw him wearing mostly black and a cape, but without the mask/helmet or anything deformed/cybernetic.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2017 12:28 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Also they use Chewbacca's original design for Star Wars Rebels with the Zeb character.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2017 03:00 AM
queeq
Chaos

Ron Howard???? OMG...

Old Post Jun 24th, 2017 09:01 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Its going to be his second time working with Lucasfilm.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2017 05:03 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by queeq
Ron Howard???? OMG...

you know you love it... lmao

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 25th, 2017 06:47 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Kazenji
Its going to be his second time working with Lucasfilm.

Hopefully Howard can make Han as charismatic as he did with Kilmer.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2017 12:09 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The movie rumored to include Jabba The Hutt

http://screenrant.com/young-han-sol...the-hutt-rumor/

Old Post Jun 28th, 2017 03:19 AM