KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)
Started by: marwash22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (53): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Is anyone gonna really care or remember who Han Solo is in 2018?
Everything Star Wars related is going to be pretty much sure things unless the quality of these films is really bad. I highly doubt that.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2015 03:53 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Yes, especially considering we get another dose of the epic character this year.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 9th, 2015 04:13 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Robtard
Yes, especially considering we get another dose of the epic character this year.

I would be willing to bet that the next wave of WARS fails to really bring any new ICONS to the mythos.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2015 04:39 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Flyattractor
I would be willing to bet that the next wave of WARS fails to really bring any new ICONS to the mythos.

10 bucks. You can wire it to my bank.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2015 04:49 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

What would it take for a character to be labelled an icon in your eyes?

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jul 9th, 2015 05:22 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Star Wars is still one of the most popular franchises of all time, especially in this country. Han Solo is one of the most popular characters from said franchise.

You can't really think people wouldn't know who he is in just a few years?

I don't think Star Wars is going away any time soon. It's not even just movies. Books, comics, video games, tv shows, etc.

A smart person could keep this franchise alive for the next century if they made the right choices. People love SW's and that doesn't just apply to the generation of people who grew up watching the original films.

Last edited by Surtur on Jul 9th, 2015 at 06:52 PM

Old Post Jul 9th, 2015 06:50 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I'm just saying...,Han Salo isn't a James Bond character. Have some goddamn respect for the actor. This idea would be akin to making a new, Dirty Harry film series but focusing on his rookie years.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2015 03:33 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

The Star Wars brand can basically print money at this point.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2015 04:16 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I'm just saying...,Han Salo isn't a James Bond character. Have some goddamn respect for the actor. This idea would be akin to making a new, Dirty Harry film series but focusing on his rookie years.

Just take solace in the fact that we were at least spared some kind of obnoxious scene from the prequels where we see a young Han Solo. Given they shoved Chewbacca into the prequels for no reason whatsoever I'm shocked they didn't do the same to Han.

Last edited by Surtur on Jul 11th, 2015 at 06:35 PM

Old Post Jul 11th, 2015 06:33 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Firefly218
10 bucks. You can wire it to my bank.

Maybe I should have said GOOD icons.

I am sure it will create a few <Meh> ones.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2015 05:58 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Maybe I should have said GOOD icons.

I am sure it will create a few <Meh> ones.

Damn lost my loophole

Old Post Jul 12th, 2015 06:37 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by quanchi112
I despise Han Solo.

Why? Did he hustle you out of some money in a poker game?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2015 08:45 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Boned his mother and never called back

Old Post Jul 12th, 2015 09:18 PM
Zenwolf

The Star Wars brand can basically print money at this point.

Ya know, I think that would be pretty cool. As a collecting type of thing, have they ever made bills with Star Wars characters before?

Would be something new. Of course not legal spending or anything, just a nice piece of memorabilia.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2015 10:08 PM
Zenwolf is currently offline Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Firefly218
Boned his mother and never called back

Sounds like something only a pirate would do. Sleeping with a friends mother i mean laughing out loud Maybe he was using her as a mule. Mules are just as guilty

Old Post Jul 12th, 2015 10:11 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Why? Did he hustle you out of some money in a poker game?
He is lame. Isn't it obvious ?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 12:29 AM
Darth Thor

He is lame. Isn't it obvious ?

Is what obvious? That one of the most famous and popular movie heroes of all time is lame?

No, not really.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 09:04 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Is what obvious? That one of the most famous and popular movie heroes of all time is lame?

No, not really.
So again you fall into the it's popular and other people love it so I have to as well. I think Han Solo is lame and I never go for someone as goofy as he is. I'm a Darth Maul guy. He couldn't be further from this lame Han Solo but hold onto Shan as one of your faves not mine.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 01:32 PM
Darth Thor

So again you fall into the it's popular and other people love it so I have to as well.

Huh? Are you high or something?

You said "it's obvious" that Han Solo is lame.

I asked you how on Earth is that obvious when it's concerning one of the most Iconic heroes in movies. To which you respond "You just follow the crowd fanboy" ???

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 03:08 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Huh? Are you high or something?

You said "it's obvious" that Han Solo is lame.

I asked you how on Earth is that obvious when it's concerning one of the most Iconic heroes in movies. To which you respond "You just follow the crowd fanboy" ???
He is some jackass character who dotes on Leia. He's the typical reformed scoundrel who found his honor because he grew to care for the rebels. He isn't someone I like at all. You seem to champion the character so tell me what you like about him. I find him increasingly boring and lame.

I also find the new transformers films to be lame despite their huge success at the box office.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 03:12 PM