KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)
Started by: marwash22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (53): « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^How so?
I'm no SW expert (never watched 3 more than once in 05) so thats not ringing a bell.

Well it seems Lando takes more care of the Falcon then Han does, So that's where i'm guessing that they're retconning the easter egg from Episode 3.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 11:42 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Firefly218
**** the Eagles
They definitely ****ed your pats right in the keister. Brady blew it in the clutch. Outplayed by a backup.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 11:45 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Kazenji
Well it seems Lando takes more care of the Falcon then Han does, So that's where i'm guessing that they're retconning the easter egg from Episode 3.

Again, no idea what that easter egg -was-.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 11:55 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by riv6672
Again, no idea what that easter egg -was-.

look in the bottom right corner.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 11:57 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Kinda unfortunate how these spinoffs in the long run have the potential to be better than the main sequel trilogy when it should be the other way around imo. Liked the trailer enough to probably give it a chance, though am not expecting much.
You just erased your own point with your low expectations. I too have low expectations but the main trilogy is a harder sell because they aren't self contained stories. That being said Last Jedi is my favorite all time Star Wars film so it is safe to say opinions vary.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 11:58 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Damn, that looks cool.

Like the line about best pilot in the Galaxy and waiting now for Solo to make Poe look like an amateur pilot.

Kinda unfortunate how these spinoffs in the long run have the potential to be better than the main sequel trilogy when it should be the other way around imo. Liked the trailer enough to probably give it a chance, though am not expecting much.

Honestly R1 is still my top Disney SW film.

I know it's only a tease, but I like where Solo is headed right now.

You know thats not necessarily the Falcon right?

Could easily just be another YT1300.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 12:50 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Darth Thor
D

Well i'm not the only one that think's its the Falcon

has anyone actually gone out of their way to dubunk it?

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 01:16 PM
Darth Thor

Well i'm not the only one that think's its the Falcon

I know that. It was an obvious easter egg.

has anyone actually gone out of their way to dubunk it?

I mean there's nothing really to debunk IMO.

Just because we see an X-Wing doesn't mean it's Luke's X-Wing.

That's how I see it in any case.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 01:18 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Oh, neat, i must've missed/forgetten that. Only seen the movie once.
I'm w. You in that its The Falcon.
Guess they're just gonna handwave it.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 02:30 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Damn, that looks cool.

Like the line about best pilot in the Galaxy and waiting now for Solo to make Poe look like an amateur pilot.

There is no way he is going to make Poe look like an amateur pilot. Looks good but don't get crazy with Solo over Poe.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 03:42 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Yet Harrison Ford will always be the knight under the armor of Han Solo.

It's like trying to picture Indiana Jones without him, or Jack Sparrow without Depp.

Never forget that Johnny Depp originally wanted Sparrow to have had the end of the nose bitten off and then reattached. So the tip of the nose would be black and blue due to poor circulation. The running joke Johnny wanted in the movie was his only weaknesses are the common cold and pepper.

And that's why no director should pay attention to anything Johnny Depp suggests. Unless the suggestion is "Don't listen to Johnny Depp".

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 04:33 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
They definitely ****ed your pats right in the keister. Brady blew it in the clutch. Outplayed by a backup.
Brady is still GOAT 🐐

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 05:49 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Damn, that looks cool.

Poe is more comparable to Wedge Antilles or someone like that... Now Cassian from Rogue One? That's a discount Han Solo. stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 06:13 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Poe is more comparable to Wedge Antilles or someone like that... Now Cassian from Rogue One? That's a discount Han Solo. stick out tongue

thumb up

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 06:21 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just want Han Solo to be something interesting, not just nostalgia driven schlock

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 06:32 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

I just watched the trailer, and to be honest the actor portraying Solo does reassemble Harrison physically.

The only issue i had with the trailer is that the Actor's personality is no where near Solo's...To me he seemed like shy and even a bit...introvert.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 06:54 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I want to see Han do something daring and dangerous.

#HanYolo

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 07:06 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i find some of poe's feats to be ridiculous, and that's going by the stupid-high bar already set by solo in esb. nobody on film has come close to matching him, jedi included.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 07:09 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Milk Wars....next up R2D2 movie...

Bankai.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 07:39 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Forget Boba Fett, let's have a movie for Bossk and IG-88!

Old Post Feb 5th, 2018 07:39 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote