KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)
Started by: marwash22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (53): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Flyattractor

Eggy?

Nah. Too cute. Not SCRUFFY enough.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2016 04:05 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Taron Egerton, He was great in The Kingsman.

Yep he gets my vote too

Old Post Mar 16th, 2016 05:38 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Taron Egerton, He was great in The Kingsman.

IMO, Egerton is prolly the frontrunner

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 16th, 2016 06:24 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Read that there are two more which were not mentioned with some internet movie news sites

Blake Jenner (Glee) and Jack O'Connell (Starred Up, Unbroken) are also in contention.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2016 11:43 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I'd pick Egerton out of the rest. He showed a bit of the suave rogue in Kingsmen, could translate well into a younger, cockier Solo.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 16th, 2016 11:49 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Why cant we move forward in the Star Wars Universe. Keep the original mythology alone. There is an entire Universe to choose from. Please, No more GOD DAMN prequels!.

It would make much more sense for disney to focus on movies that introduce original characters that are going to star in future movies rather than keep focusing on characters of decades past.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2016 02:26 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Well they've already done a backstory for Han Solo as 3 novel trilogy......oh wait Disney has scrapped the EU.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2016 05:37 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Reportedly strong signs that Alden Ehrenreich, who recently starred in Joel and and Ethan Coen’s Hail, Caesar!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/371265-new-han-solo

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 08:27 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Reportedly strong signs that Alden Ehrenreich, who recently starred in Joel and and Ethan Coen’s Hail, Caesar!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/371265-new-han-solo

hopefully this dude will do a good job

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 06:38 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Why cant we move forward in the Star Wars Universe. Keep the original mythology alone. There is an entire Universe to choose from. Please, No more GOD DAMN prequels!.

It would make much more sense for disney to focus on movies that introduce original characters that are going to star in future movies rather than keep focusing on characters of decades past.

Uh...didn't you hear about this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_...e_Force_Awakens

roll eyes (sarcastic)

They ARE going forward with new characters. But they are also doing what every other studio in Hollywood is doing: imitating the Marvel Studios approach. Where every new film is not a direct sequel but a 'sidequel', going to a different part of the cinematic universe before coming back to the main focus. And there's lots of room to explore in the past.

As far as the third spin off movie being possibly about Boba Fett, I would be more interested in a Obi-Wan Kenobi spin off, where Fett is a supporting character and they renew hostilities that began on Kamino when Boba was a boy.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 09:09 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I wouldn't really say TFA moved SW forward. I loved the film but it was in many ways a rehash.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 09:11 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by ares834
I wouldn't really say TFA moved SW forward. I loved the film but it was in many ways a rehash.

And we can debate all day about how much of it was a rehash and how much it was just observing the rules of a Star Wars film, especially the first in a new series.

- Where someone must say "I have a bad feeling about this"

- At least twice in a trilogy, someone must shout "NO!" in shock and horror.

- In the first film of each trilogy, the elder statesman character who's been mentoring some younger characters comes to a shocking end.

- Some ace pilot hits a shot no one else could hit to take down the weapon that's about the spell defeat and doom for our heroes.

And so on.

Plus there was a big effort from the beginning to convince fans who can't let the prequels go, that this was going to be more of what you loved and remembered about the OT.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 09:20 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Of course, there is quite a bit more than that. We have an ex-Jedi who was seduced by the dark side and betrayed and slaughtered them. We have a superweapon capable of destroying planets. We have a rebellion fighting against a tyrannical gov’t. The opening is literally just ANH’s opening redone. Now sure, there are many differences, I’ve argued them. But one thing TFA did not do is move SW forward. It reset it back to where we were in A New Hope.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 09:26 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

The First Order wasn't the government, the Republic was. TFO was a rogue state, a cross between North Korea and ISIS. They didn't explain in enough detail why the Republic was sponsoring the Resistance instead of engaging TFO openly, but we could guess why. If they spent too much time explaining the politics, fans might have said "Oh, just like Lucas in the prequels, wasting time on political manoeuvring."

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 09:31 PM
ares834

It’s still a gov’t, just not the dominant one of the galaxy. And yes, the Republic is sponsoring the Resistance but this has no impact on the film so is fairly irrelevant from that perspective. Plus it’s blown up by end of the film which reiterates my point that they reset the GFFA to basically where it was in ANH.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 09:37 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by roughrider
The First Order wasn't the government, the Republic was. TFO was a rogue state, a cross between North Korea and ISIS. They didn't explain in enough detail why the Republic was sponsoring the Resistance instead of engaging TFO openly, but we could guess why. If they spent too much time explaining the politics, fans might have said "Oh, just like Lucas in the prequels, wasting time on political manoeuvring."

Actually even the FO/Resistance struggle just seemed like a rehash of the old Empire/Rebellion struggle.

I mean it was a little more complicated then that, but like you said they didn't really delve into that complexity.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2016 11:28 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Actually even the FO/Resistance struggle just seemed like a rehash of the old Empire/Rebellion struggle.

I mean it was a little more complicated then that, but like you said they didn't really delve into that complexity.

Yep.

EU did pretty much the same thing - New Republic vs. The Remnant.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2016 12:40 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by roughrider
Uh...didn't you hear about this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_...e_Force_Awakens

roll eyes (sarcastic)

They ARE going forward with new characters. But they are also doing what every other studio in Hollywood is doing: imitating the Marvel Studios approach. Where every new film is not a direct sequel but a 'sidequel', going to a different part of the cinematic universe before coming back to the main focus. And there's lots of room to explore in the past.

As far as the third spin off movie being possibly about Boba Fett, I would be more interested in a Obi-Wan Kenobi spin off, where Fett is a supporting character and they renew hostilities that began on Kamino when Boba was a boy.

Anything that happens before episode 7 is a prequel and I don't need to see a movie about it. If something happened in the universe, regarding, episode 7 I would have seen or heard about it through exposition. Save all that crap for a tv show or book

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2016 03:40 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Well the Episodes are going forward, so it's nice to get something different but also more familiar with the spin off's.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2016 04:42 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Alden Ehrenreich is confirmed for the role.

Old Post May 6th, 2016 04:36 AM