KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Batman (2022)

The Batman (2022)
Started by: Senor Cage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (82): « First ... « 36 37 [38] 39 40 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
Makes me wonder if they even care about having a shared universe anymore. A non-DCEU Batman trilogy, a non-DCEU Joker movie. There were rumours about Shazam being outside it too.

Elseworlds is a really bad route to take, imo. Especially as it's going to lock out a lot of characters that are more obscure, and will really only get good exposure in a shared universe (like Antman and GOTG did).

They probably figured they're not really having the Marvel level positive buzz they should have with the shared universe, and want to recreate the Nolan Batman type of hype, but carry on milking the shared universe simultaneously.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 10:28 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

If that ends up being true, I can't help but think that the people at WB having got a ****ing clue what they're doing.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 11:23 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

The way the DCEU is being handled right now is trash, if these rumors are true. The critical crushing of SS/BvS absolutely changed the way they are doing things.

Now they want to back to Batman only films it seems like.

Would be nice if they had a press release to clarify.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 02:15 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

They're not just going to do Batman movies. DCEU will be its own thing, while the Martin Scorsese banner will be another.

There is still going to be Wonder woman 2
Flashpoint
SHAZAM
Justice League
Aquaman
Suicide squad 2
Etc...

The elseworld banner could be a good thing, if done right

Last edited by Senor Cage on Aug 24th, 2017 at 05:53 PM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 05:51 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

so how badly will SHITTINGMYPANTIESBOY troll once Justice League comes out... he is a horrible troll.. Quan was a better one.. At least with Quan , he was entertaining..

Poor Zack though,.. the rock he lives under must be filled with all the diarrhea he has been spewing .. hahahahaqahahaa

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Last edited by BruceSkywalker on Aug 24th, 2017 at 06:26 PM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 06:24 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

-

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 06:26 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Reeves also states on his Twitter the movie is set in the DCEU, but its a self contained Batman story with nothing to do with the broader DCEU

https://twitter.com/mattreevesLA? r...5Eau
thor

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 07:38 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by carthage
Reeves also states on his Twitter the movie is set in the DCEU, but its a self contained Batman story with nothing to do with the broader DCEU

thor

That makes a lot more sense. The Joker movie is still under a new banner, though.

Martin Scorsese probably didn't want to use Leto's Joker, so they want to go with a new one.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 07:48 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Ah okay. A strange comment to make though. Doubt anybody was expecting Superman and Wonder Woman to show up in a Batman solo film.

Well Zack, Looks like there's stil hope for Affleck being The Batman.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 07:48 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

We just got to let it play out. Who knows what will happen. If it IS apart of the DCEU, then I would assume Affleck is still in play.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 07:50 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by carthage

thor

Sounds like he needs to be clearer about his damn movies.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 08:02 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Hugh Jackman did the same thing. He wasn't clear about Logan and said it wasn't part of the X-Universe.

Now, Geoff Johns is addressing this:

quote:
Misinformation on the internet?! Impossible!!!

Also, I loved GotG Vol. 2. https://t.co/LOjz7DSeSu
— Geoff Johns (@geoffjohns) August 24, 2017

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 08:09 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by -Pr-
Sounds like he needs to be clearer about his damn movies.

Yeah I mean he literally said it wasn't part of the DC Extended Universe.

Originally posted by Zack M
Hugh Jackman did the same thing. He wasn't clear about Logan and said it wasn't part of the X-Universe.

I thought Logan was like an Else World story.

Heck I think half the Fox X-Men movies are.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 09:30 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Zack M
We just got to let it play out. Who knows what will happen. If it IS apart of the DCEU, then I would assume Affleck is still in play.

Ah who knows. I'm done speculating on it.

But I'm glad it's part of the DCEU. Otherwise things would have got messy.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 09:32 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Comparing it to the X-Men movies is a bad comparison to make, because they have their own ****ed up continuity. DCEU, as it is atm, doesn't. And doing BOTH elseworlds and dceu screams indecision or just plain stupidity to me.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 09:55 PM
Senor Cage

We'll see. Like ares said a Martin Scorese produced Joker film could be gold. I'll wait until I hear more before I judge. I don't mind 2 jokers, if the movies are good.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 10:33 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'd rather they concentrate on getting one right before they make a second one.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 10:34 PM
Senor Cage

Darth's boy Mark Hughes addresses these rumors. Apparently, what Matt Reeves said was taken out of context:

quote:
Reeves' remarks about the project being separate from the rest of the DCEU were taken out of context and misunderstood to a frustrating degree -- he was saying the Batman movie won't directly tie into the other stories such as Justice League, and will be its own story without needing to crossover or continue or otherwise boost other films' stories. It was a way of expressing the creative freedom to not be tied down to advancing other movies' plots or having to pick up threads and use them, particularly since the previous script and plans for the Batman solo movie would've utilized certain elements arising during the Justice League film.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhu...s/#f3d287873706

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 10:38 PM
Senor Cage

And the Joker film:

quote:
The Joker origin film will be the first movie within a new banner of DC film adaptations. These movies will be stand-alone, one-shot releases that are not part of the other DCEU movies. This allows filmmakers with unique creative visions to adapt and tell stories that otherwise wouldn't fit into the live-action iteration of characters within the main DCEU series of films. Right now, of the DC projects you've heard about, this Joker film is the only one so far under the new slate of films outside of the DCEU, so keep that in mind when sites are speculating about whether this or that other currently-announced future project is part of the DCEU or not.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 10:39 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

So basically doing what they're doing with animation, but in live action. Somehow I don't see both coexisting very well. I wish they would get the DCEU up and running first, but alas...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 10:53 PM