KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Batman (2022)

The Batman (2022)
Started by: Senor Cage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (82): « First ... « 37 38 [39] 40 41 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Animation, comics, etc...

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 10:56 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i see zack er SHITINGMYPANTIESBOY is being a WB apologist...

if Reeves wanted to say what he did earlier, he just should have that to begin with, which leads me to believe Reeves, WB and know SHITINGMYPANTIESBOY are trying to save face

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 10:58 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
So basically doing what they're doing with animation, but in live action. Somehow I don't see both coexisting very well. I wish they would get the DCEU up and running first, but alas...

Yeah plus there's already enough competition for the DCEU, with the MCU, the Sony Spider-Man spin off's and Fox's X-Men. And now the DCEU is gonna have other stand alone DC films entering the competition. Just weird.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 11:01 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Who knows? People could very well warm up to different iterations.

quote:

Gal Gadot is Wonder Woman in Warner's "Wonder Woman"

More films, more options, more ways to imagine and see these characters in various forms and iterations. We already have TV versions, some of them connected to each other and some not, and they exist fine alongside the big-screen versions that remain apart from the TV stories. Audiences are more open and able to handle these differences nowadays, I think, and will appreciate more options. So it's good that a studio is willing to take these risks and give filmmakers the creative freedom to pursue the projects they want to make, the way they want to make them.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 11:03 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

So basically doing what they're doing with animation, but in live action. Somehow I don't see both coexisting very well. I wish they would get the DCEU up and running first, but alas...

Eh... I'd be fan if they just axed the DCEU altogether. Marvel is already doing that. I've always been fine with them simply doing a JL film with no tie-in films and still am. Then, instead of doing solo films that tie-in, they do adaptations of some of the best comics like Red Son. I'd love that.

But they won't sadly. Instead they have to create a mediocre (or in DC's case so far, shitty) film universe. Where each film is part commercial for the next films and part Easter eggs from previous films.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 11:13 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

WW wasn't really a tie in film to JL, though. DCEU is making too much money for them to scrap it all together. Perhaps after Flashpoint, they will scrap it.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 11:17 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Zack M
Animation, comics, etc...

Comics is not a good example.

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yeah plus there's already enough competition for the DCEU, with the MCU, the Sony Spider-Man spin off's and Fox's X-Men. And now the DCEU is gonna have other stand alone DC films entering the competition. Just weird.

Yeah.

Originally posted by ares834
Eh... I'd be fan if they just axed the DCEU altogether. Marvel is already doing that. I've always been fine with them simply doing a JL film with no tie-in films and still am. Then, instead of doing solo films that tie-in, they do adaptations of some of the best comics like Red Son. I'd love that.

But they won't sadly. Instead they have to create a mediocre (or in DC's case so far, shitty) film universe. Where each film is part commercial for the next films and part Easter eggs from previous films.

I'd be fine with them doing either a shared universe or a non-shared universe, just not both at the same time.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 11:28 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I was just giving the mediums that WB does it in. Comics was the first.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 11:41 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Sure, but we both know that comic continuity is anything but well-organised, leading to confusion even for avid readers.

Imagine how the poor cinemagoers will feel, especially the kinds of ones that just found out that you won't see Superman in Avengers.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 25th, 2017 02:58 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I'm sure there will be confusion, but its not that hard to figure out. Eventually the audience will catch on. I just want some good stories/movies and this could be a perfect avenue for that. One that could give us a ton of possibilities.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2017 03:36 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'm sure there will be confusion, but its not that hard to figure out. Eventually the audience will catch on. I just want some good stories/movies and this could be a perfect avenue for that. One that could give us a ton of possibilities.

Sure it could. It just seems like they're handicapping themselves yet again. The DCEU could offer all of those things, but none of them seem to have the courage to take the ball and run with it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 25th, 2017 03:45 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by ares834

Yeah, do one or the other.

Trying both simultaneously sounds messy.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2017 03:54 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Sure it could. It just seems like they're handicapping themselves yet again. The DCEU could offer all of those things, but none of them seem to have the courage to take the ball and run with it.

I think it's too early to say they are handicapping themselves, especially since they're still going on with the DCEU. They have a ton of movies coming out for that line alone. I want to hear more until I say this will be a disaster.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2017 04:30 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I still see it as a bad sign. Maybe things will turn around, but I won't hold my breath.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 25th, 2017 04:45 AM
Senor Cage

There is a decent chance it might not happen altogether.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2017 05:08 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Everyone: Wonder Woman is a shining optimistic star in the DCEU's dark edgelord wasteland.
Warner Bros: ...
Warner Bros: Two Joker movies

Lost my shit laughing when I saw that in a tweet.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2017 05:30 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

There is a decent chance it might not happen altogether.

This is true tbh. Might be a fuss over nothing.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2017 10:21 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

SHITTINGMYPANTIESBOY, backpedaling like Reeves and WB,, I'm laughing so bad here

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 25th, 2017 06:45 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Darth Thor
This is true tbh. Might be a fuss over nothing.

Yep. I think it will happen. I hope it does. That's assuming Scorsese has a good vision.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 01:17 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
SHITTINGMYPANTIESBOY, backpedaling like Reeves and WB,, I'm laughing so bad here
He isn't even a true fan as he loves whatever shit they release. He doesn't care about the quality just the company. A true DC zombie who has no opinion.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 02:47 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote