KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Batman (2022)

The Batman (2022)
Started by: Senor Cage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (82): « First ... « 66 67 [68] 69 70 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Good, Sick of seeing Batman's origin story at this point

if people are new to Bat's and want to know about him, Just watch any of the other Batman movies.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2020 03:16 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Agreed. It’s been to death, and it’s one of the most well known origins in all of fiction.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2020 03:18 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Even though he's not a character in this, I think it should be stated: 30+ of live action Batman on the big screen has ruined the Robin fantasy.

For decades we sort of accepted it on the comics page, as comics is an exaggerated reality. But live action Batman goes out there in one uniform colour (all black, dark grey) and he is armored head to toe. That he would willing put a minor in his charge out there in brighter colours with no head protection, it strains credibility. Seeing Jason Todd getting killed off twice in 1980's comics (The Dark Knight Returns, A Death In The Family) really put it in my mind for the first time how unlikely a character Robin is.

We've only seen Robin in the two Joel Schumacher movies because they established a camp fantasy aspect, and they are the two worst Batman films.

When Captain America hit the big screen in 2011, they didn't include Bucky as his sidekick from the comics because no modern audience would believe that. Instead, they used the heavily redesigned Bucky model from the Ultimate Universe that made him a peer to Steve. If they ever do want to use Robin, they need to give him a heavy redesign as well, something like Red Robin. And establish a different purpose for him.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 12th, 2020 04:16 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I actually liked the whole Robin story in Batman Forever.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2020 04:58 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor

^^^So did I.

And having a Robin worked fine in FOREVER, just like it did in the sixties tv show, because they didn’t use a 12 year old. Burt Ward was 21 when he played Robin, Chris O’Donnell 25. Both were in their teens story wise, w. their ages never explicitly stated. It’s not the biggest change from comics to live action that’s ever happened; it was simple and no one was screaming child endangerment,

Old Post Jul 12th, 2020 05:21 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by roughrider
Even though he's not a character in this, I think it should be stated: 30+ of live action Batman on the big screen has ruined the Robin fantasy.

For decades we sort of accepted it on the comics page, as comics is an exaggerated reality. But live action Batman goes out there in one uniform colour (all black, dark grey) and he is armored head to toe. That he would willing put a minor in his charge out there in brighter colours with no head protection, it strains credibility. Seeing Jason Todd getting killed off twice in 1980's comics (The Dark Knight Returns, A Death In The Family) really put it in my mind for the first time how unlikely a character Robin is.

We've only seen Robin in the two Joel Schumacher movies because they established a camp fantasy aspect, and they are the two worst Batman films.

When Captain America hit the big screen in 2011, they didn't include Bucky as his sidekick from the comics because no modern audience would believe that. Instead, they used the heavily redesigned Bucky model from the Ultimate Universe that made him a peer to Steve. If they ever do want to use Robin, they need to give him a heavy redesign as well, something like Red Robin. And establish a different purpose for him.

Honestly, while I accept that it might be what you prefer, saying an adaptation of the typical Robin story wouldn't work isn't true, imo. There's plenty of ways you could make it work. Even just tweaking his age like the others have said, would make it much more easy.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 12th, 2020 05:30 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by -Pr-
Honestly, while I accept that it might be what you prefer, saying an adaptation of the typical Robin story wouldn't work isn't true, imo. There's plenty of ways you could make it work. Even just tweaking his age like the others have said, would make it much more easy.

And Bucky -was- Cap’s sidekick in the 2011 movie. stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 12th, 2020 05:49 PM
ShadowFyre

Can't say I'm excited for another Batman movie. Hope it's good tho

Old Post Jul 13th, 2020 04:32 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

That's what I've been saying. He needs some modern adjustments.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 14th, 2020 12:58 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by riv6672
And Bucky -was- Cap’s sidekick in the 2011 movie. stick out tongue

True.

Originally posted by roughrider
That's what I've been saying. He needs some modern adjustments.

Yes, but it seems like your idea of what adjustments are necessary is far more drastic than mine, is all.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 14th, 2020 01:29 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

I wouldn't mind a Batman Origin story again, something much closer along the lines of Year One. It looks like they might be going in that direction with the lower grade tech stuff.

Oftentimes an origin story is helpful in establishing a characters arc and growth. Have to find out in some way why the character is what they are.

An example I feel is the current Peter Parker - Tom Holland. I don't know what that guy wants.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jul 14th, 2020 06:02 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KCJ506

Originally posted by Darth Thor

Yeah, Robin was actually interesting in Batman Forever. However in Batman & Robin he was annoying because pretty much everything that came out of his mouth was him bitching and moaning about something.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2020 07:43 AM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Quincy
I wouldn't mind a Batman Origin story again, something much closer along the lines of Year One. It looks like they might be going in that direction with the lower grade tech stuff.

Oftentimes an origin story is helpful in establishing a characters arc and growth. Have to find out in some way why the character is what they are.

An example I feel is the current Peter Parker - Tom Holland. I don't know what that guy wants.
Pussy

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jul 17th, 2020 03:47 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Quincy

I thought that was what the first half of Batman Begins was about. It certainly seemed like an origin story to me.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Jul 17th, 2020 04:44 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Can't say I'm excited for another Batman movie. Hope it's good tho

Same here. I'm kinda burned-out on Batman stuff, and really, superhero stuff in general.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Jul 17th, 2020 04:47 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I just watched Matt Reeves talk about his intent for Batman, and while I wasn't hyped before, I am now. He makes it sound like a proper detective movie that deals with Batman struggling to assert his will over Gotham.

Sounds good to me.

And that trailer was sick.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2020 12:59 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah, looks promising!

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2020 01:23 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Oh man. This looks ****ing amazing. Love the atmosphere of Gotham in that trailer. Looks like something out of Se7en or something. Can’t wait.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2020 01:46 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

Yeah, looks promising!

I like what I see there so far. I can actually buy Pattinson as a younger Batman, now that I've gotten a proper look.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2020 02:38 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i am beyond excited for this

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2020 02:40 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote