KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Batman (2022)

The Batman (2022)
Started by: Senor Cage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (82): « First ... « 70 71 [72] 73 74 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Lol no.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2020 10:53 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by YousufKhan1212
Not always. The reason why GCPD, when led by Jim Gordon, eventually allow Batman to operate without interfering is because Gotham law enforcement too inadequate to deal with how corrupt Gotham is. Without Batman, Gotham is doomed. Jim didn’t always support Batman, in Year One he he sees Batman as a threat but eventually recognises that Batman is actually very helpful and effective in dismantling crime and corruption in Gotham. Gotham’s law enforcement is so corrupt that at some point, corrupt cops like Flass and several others gang banged Jim Gordon and beat him up, not enough to put him in hospital, but for the purpose of trying to make him submit because he was perceived as too much of a goody two shoes on Year One. When Batman came along, he helped purge corrupt cops as Jim himself says in “The Man Who Laughs” story.

Another reason why Jim allows Batman to operate is because he has that creature of the night factor to him, criminals are scared of Batman because they’re a cowardly and superstitious lot, they don’t see Batman as some man in a costume. In fact, criminals are not even sure he’s human because Batman has an aura of mystery because he operates in the shadows, disappearing on a dime. Criminals feared Batman because he seemed supernatural and mythical to him because of his application of stealth, martial arts, gadgets and detective skills. Batman won’t kill criminals, but he beat the crap out of them.

Sorry no the police do not ever get to pick and choose which vigilantes are okay.

They can come out against all or none. There is no 3rd option.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2020 10:59 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
YousufKhan1212
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
Sorry no the police do not ever get to pick and choose which vigilantes are okay.

They can come out against all or none. There is no 3rd option.

Dude... It’s a comic book. And looking at vigilantism in Gotham with a black and white mentality is reductive and crude.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2020 11:42 PM
YousufKhan1212 is currently offline Click here to Send YousufKhan1212 a Private Message Find more posts by YousufKhan1212 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
YousufKhan1212
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
Lol no.

F.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2020 11:43 PM
YousufKhan1212 is currently offline Click here to Send YousufKhan1212 a Private Message Find more posts by YousufKhan1212 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by BackFire
Police don’t like vigilantes, you say? Maybe you should tell that to all the cops who wear the punisher logo all over everything.

Gawd. That's a ****ing can of worms and then some.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 21st, 2020 07:50 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote:
Police don’t like vigilantes, you say? Maybe you should tell that to all the cops who wear the punisher logo all over everything.

I've seen that

even one of Punisher's co-creator finds it disturbing.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2020 08:25 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

A Hot Wheels toy leak has given us a better look at the batmobile (and a still, grainy shot of batman and the car in the movie). Spoilers obviously:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batm...84430#gs.zlhhga

Last I checked, movie is still slated to come out next March.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 2nd, 2021 03:35 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Did this ever finish filming?

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post May 2nd, 2021 08:28 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Filming finished in March.

Old Post May 2nd, 2021 10:05 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by -Pr-
A Hot Wheels toy leak has given us a better look at the batmobile (and a still, grainy shot of batman and the car in the movie). Spoilers obviously:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batm...84430#gs.zlhhga

Last I checked, movie is still slated to come out next March.

I'm a fan of American 'muscle cars', so I kinda like it.

But imo, the Batmobile should look like it can take a missile and keep going, also fully protecting the driver at all times considering what Batman does with it. That looks like he's almost fully exposed with all the large windows.

The Tumbler design got it right. Best live-action Batmobile to date.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 5th, 2021 06:24 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

First of all, Keaton batmobile > all.

Honestly though, while I'm not a fan of muscle cars, I don't mind this. He's young and only starting out so shit is still being refined.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 5th, 2021 09:22 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

From q nostalgia pov, sure. I watched the Adam West show reruns as a kid, but Batman 89 blew me away as a teen.

But the Tumbler really shits on all other live-action cars. It just looks what a Batmobile should.

Fair enough on the 'year one' noob aspect, but still, those windows. Even if bullet proof, that won't protect for long. The engine also seems almost fully exposed in the rear.

Old Post May 5th, 2021 09:32 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The batmobile shouldn't look like a tank imo, but that's personal preference.

Yeah, true. Maybe Riddler will take advantage of that in the movie. Who knows?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 5th, 2021 09:49 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Well your opinion is simply wrong! stick out tongue

Old Post May 5th, 2021 10:04 PM
Arachnid1

Your opinion of his opinion is wrong!

Down with the Battank

PWNT

Old Post May 5th, 2021 10:52 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

You probably love the Schumacher Batmobiles, scum!

Old Post May 5th, 2021 11:14 PM
Darth Thor

I liked Tumbler as well. Because it was basically a sleek army tank. It had him protected no doubt.

That said I gotta agree the 89 Batmobile was just the coolest. And hey who needs a Tumbler when you got “shields”

Old Post May 5th, 2021 11:30 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

laughing out loud

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 6th, 2021 10:20 AM
Bentley
Seitei

The Batmobile has the most personality on the Batman mythos, I like the design from that leak

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post May 6th, 2021 11:53 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Old Post Oct 16th, 2021 09:17 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote