KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Low Herald Tournament Odds

Vote if you feel said character should be banned
This poll is closed.
Animal Man 6 7.79%
Nova Prime 6 7.79%
Apocalypse 7 9.09%
GL Corp 7 9.09%
Creel 8 10.39%
Dr. Doom 10 12.99%
Atom 8 10.39%
Snowbird 5 6.49%
Xavier 9 11.69%
Shadow King 11 14.29%
Total: 19 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Low Herald Tournament Odds
Started by: "Id"

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (97): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

GL Rings are to be outright banned, but what of the New Gods, and Heralds of Galactus?

Who are the Low Herald GLs, and do they pose a greater threat than say Nova or Lightray?

I would like to include Low Herald GLs, as they do have define limits and can be counterd by other picks. But ultimately its comes to you guys.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 03:50 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Which Galactus heralds are low herald? Terrax? I can't think of many others. Even Firelord has feats that make him dubious at this level.

No, low herald GLs don't pose a greater threat than many others. It's more about giving their ring to someone who's instantly a high herald with them, either in willpower, scientific creativity, or both. Technically you could allow them and would probably be ok, but there are shenanigans to be had with them. On the other hand, it actually makes a pick like Batman viable, which, to me, is hilarious and awesome, and worth the price of admission. But I'm a judge, not a participant.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 03:52 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i think only the droid air walker would be ok as a herald of galactus at this level. as for the rings--i'm fine with or without. they have exploitable weaknesses as i said, and i think we can safely say a low level gl isn't using feats from hal, kyle, guy or any of the others...i'd think they would have a pretty limited collection of showings to draw from (though i know SOME low gl's still have one or 2 crazy good feats...)

we could use nova as the cap maybe? anyone able to take a majority from him (in id's opinion) is banned? just a thought. some folk like to have a hard cap...could lightray beat rich for a majority? not sure tbh....it would be close but lightray MAY have the better high end feats. maybe? /shrug

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 04:43 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Nova (Frankie Raye) and Terrax are low Heralds

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 11:54 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Creative members are going to search and find ways to exploit or maximize their drafts regardless if we ban GL Rings, Speed Force users etc..

My tournament encourages being creative in that form.

But if you guys want to put a ban on them, that's fine. I am more concerned on placing a Ban on characters that are Overpowered. Like Doomsday he clearly does not belong in this tournament, and would walk right through the Low Heralds.

He is OP, and makes going up against him unfair from the start by the nature of his Physical Prowess alone. Now pair him with another strong draft, and we have someone that breaks the tournament.

But drafting a GL like say Soranik Natu, and Jade are valid Low Heralds. Yet they are no more exploitable than say Terrax, or Lightray. The Power of Cosmic or the New God Tech (Mother Box) bring as much flexibility as the Green Lanterns.

In this case, we have a number of drafts that provide an even chance to play up a GL. And its not GL, New Gods, and Heralds. We have the psionics in this class (Exodus, Stryfe), Asgardians, Energy Manipulators (Classic Solar, Vulcan), Speed Force etc..

Just my two cents.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 01:07 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Judges
Sin I AM
Digi
psycho gundam (back up judge/participant)
Board Walker
The Nuul
JayDaDon
krisblaze
Bentley
SquallX

Participants
leonidas
Blair Wind
Scoobless
beatboks
Martian_mind
LordofBrooklyn
Werewolf582
Abhilegend
Supermutant

Last edited by "Id" on Jul 2nd, 2015 at 01:22 PM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 01:09 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Standard Gear Rule: Character comes in with what he is historically known for caring.

Non standard gear must be created. You can NOT grab it from your lab, and equip yourself with it.

Prep Time: You can Raise Shields. Otherwise no preptime.

Creating gear can only take place in the heat of battle, after the bell has rung.

We are almost there. I am going to compile a list of ban characters brought up by tomorrow. I will also compile a list of participants. Everything will be updated in the fist page, to make things easy, and accessible.

Lets penut-butter jelly this motherphucker

Last edited by "Id" on Jul 2nd, 2015 at 01:22 PM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 01:15 PM
DarkSaint85

Not participating, but are there any BFR rules?

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 01:23 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Not participating, but are there any BFR rules?

Spatial powers are allowed and BFR is a valid tactic this time around.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 01:25 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Vulcan is low herald? He was only allowed entry into the last tourney because Graviton and Doomsday were drafted against him.

About BFR... Is there a time limit? Like a 20 second ring out time? So that if someone bfrs you, you can return before you get counted out?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 02:49 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

yeah, bfr'ing sucks arse. cheapest way to victory there is. personally, strongly opposed to it, but whatever everyone else wants. that does NOT mean someone can hang out in the astral plane all day though, correct?

and what about someone like manhunter (as example). his phasing isn't self bfr, correct? self bfr should only count if you're gone for more than a set amount of (brief) time...

as for vulcan--meh. he's legit low herald imo. galds is the definition of mid and he handed vulcan his head. of course he battled even with boltagon, so.... meh.

all this wrangling over guys and rules only opens further discussion and bannings. just pick and deal.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 03:07 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Im not participating but some of these bans seem arbitrary. Nova and Vulcan? Are we just tossing people out 'just cause'?

The city level destruction limit also seems arbitrary given that some low heralds can probably destroy continents/planets

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 03:14 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by "Id"
Judges
Sin I AM
Digi
psycho gundam (back up judge/participant)
Board Walker
The Nuul
JayDaDon
krisblaze
Bentley
SquallX

Participants
leonidas
Blair Wind
Scoobless
beatboks
Martian_mind
LordofBrooklyn
Werewolf582
Abhilegend
Supermutant
Phuck it. Might as well enter fully

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 04:27 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by psycho gundam
Phuck it. Might as well enter fully
Read the thread over and the wanton banning killed my idea which was the motivation to fit this into my schedule....

BYE

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 07:09 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Only two or three confirmed bans thus far.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 08:08 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

There is no wanton banning. Doomsday, Doom and Creel are the only ones banned thus far. The thread "Id" pulled that list from is completely outdated and should be redone, I'm sure if someone asked nice enough Delph may do it. As is those characters aren't low herald anyway and should be banned. It's not fair to other posters.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 09:24 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

creel has lost too many times to be higher ranked than low herald. doom is interesting. in straight 1on1, non-prepped scenarios, i don't really think doom is that far above many of those guys--he may not be as powerful as some.

i agree dd should NOT be low herald though. thumb up

so, are we forbidding anyone else?

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 10:10 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by leonidas
creel has lost too many times to be higher ranked than low herald. doom is interesting. in straight 1on1, non-prepped scenarios, i don't really think doom is that far above many of those guys--he may not be as powerful as some.

i agree dd should NOT be low herald though. thumb up

so, are we forbidding anyone else?

Check out digis argument for creel on page two too lazy to quote it but basically once he merges with anyone with halfway decent intelligence he will eclipse the herald tier.

And yes so far just three...

As far as doom i honestly think he's mid for varying reasons but can see your stance for low herald

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 10:20 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Originally posted by psycho gundam
Read the thread over and the wanton banning killed my idea which was the motivation to fit this into my schedule....

BYE

Yeah like Sin mentioned, there is no wanton banning so far.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 11:20 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Check out digis argument for creel on page two too lazy to quote it but basically once he merges with anyone with halfway decent intelligence he will eclipse the herald tier.

And yes so far just three...

As far as doom i honestly think he's mid for varying reasons but can see your stance for low herald

Magneto claims Doom is the most powerful man on Earth... and Magneto is mid herald himself (right?)

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2015 12:11 AM