KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Low Herald Tournament Odds

Vote if you feel said character should be banned
This poll is closed.
Animal Man 6 7.79%
Nova Prime 6 7.79%
Apocalypse 7 9.09%
GL Corp 7 9.09%
Creel 8 10.39%
Dr. Doom 10 12.99%
Atom 8 10.39%
Snowbird 5 6.49%
Xavier 9 11.69%
Shadow King 11 14.29%
Total: 19 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Low Herald Tournament Odds
Started by: "Id"

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (97): « First ... « 95 96 [97]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

dude is an animal. scoob is f'd. thumb up

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2015 10:12 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
this is why no one likes you. no expression

dude is an animal. scoob is f'd. thumb up

How did your last tourney go? ....

Too soon?

evil face

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2015 09:07 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Scoobless

Too soon?

evil face

So bad you had to sneak one of his drafts into your team to win the whole thing

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2015 09:33 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Bentley
So bad you had to sneak one of his drafts into your team to win the whole thing

That's why they call me the man of steal ....

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2015 09:51 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Too soon?

evil face

i take solace in the fact that you and i both know who ACTUALLY won that match, were a non-vote replaced with a real vote....

so, nope. not too soon at all. evil face

Old Post Nov 4th, 2015 01:37 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

i take solace in the fact that you and i both know who ACTUALLY won that match

And his name rhymes with Boobless ....

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Nov 4th, 2015 01:42 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by beatboks

Carver
Doctor Doom
Wonder Woman

Scoobless
Black Bolt
Magneto
The Atom

beatboks
Classic Captain Comet
Starman (Ted Knight pre COIE)
Dr Occult

Dorksaint
Bizarro
Fantomex
Matter Eater Lad

LordofBrooklyn
Cassandra Nova
Monica Rambeau
Vulcan

abhilegend
Captain Atom - Preboot
Starhawk
Manchester black

Smurph
Beta Ray Bil
Magik
Invisible Boy

Blair Wind
Hawkman
Hank Pym
Absorbing Man

Decter
Cable (full power)
Dr. Light
Super Skrull

since i'm bored (and because this thread has utterly derailed from its original, desired course...) i'll go over some brief thoughts on the teams as i see them. i'ma give 2 rankings. first will be based on nothing more than the teams themselves, taking into account only the showings and feats of the characters as i know them. think of this initial ranking as a raw score.

the second set of rankings will take into account the person in control of the characters, as WELL as the team itself.

based solely on the chosen characters:

#9--Decter: cable is great, one of the most versatile and powerful in the field. skrull is...lackluster at best though, with so many more powerful still in the iter unchosen. dr. light is also an underwhelming choice at this level.

#8: boks: comet is a cool and versatile pick. has some great showings. occult is....a typically odd choice from beatboks, very underwhelming on the surface. starman is also...underwhelming, relying too much on invention and weapons that could (seemingly) be exploited.

#7: DS: the superman clone is obviously a great pick up--the single greatest powerhouse in the tourney. but fantomex offers little outside his misdirection, and matter lad may suffer a bit from...obscurity. looking at the pieces individually, as opposed to synergistically, a case could be made that this collection may be the weakest gathering in the tourney.

#6: BW: again, looking at the pieces individually, this grouping might seem underwhelming. hawkman is clearly limited at this level and serves only one purpose...pym's a great pick up and creel has the potential to be deadly in these things though.

#5: Scoob: bolt is solid, his voice a great equalizer. he also has some great versatility. mags is a good pick, with many great showings and the atom is very solid as well. the collection strong, but lacking in a couple of areas that might possibly be exploited by other, more versatile teams.

#4: abhi: i like the picks--starhawk served him well in the last tourney, and black is a great pick up. cap atom is also solid, but i wonder a bit at the pick as opposed to others who might have a similar powerset without the exploitable weaknesses. collectively strong, with a very wide range of abilities, able to counter most any type of threat.

#3: smurph: very strong, well balanced team. may have a weakness that can be exploited, but it wouldn't be easy. a powerhouse collection of individual characters, with a huge range of versatility. gonna be very difficult to take this team down...

#2: lob: as usual, lob is a master of picking characters. lol it would be easy to argue cassie to be over the cap for the tourney. coupled with an omega energy manipulator and monica? speed, raw power and mental powers. the trinity covered, in a way no other combo can touch on the surface. no glaring weakness, and many great showings to fall back on. the team is capable of doing a lot of harm in this thing...

#1: carver: maybe i'm being a bit biased. i love ww. her combo of raw power, speed and magic are a deadly combo at this level. add in doom, who of all the characters in this thing has by far and away the best individual showings? carv has done with 2 characters what know one else imo has done with 3. there is no weakness in the combo, and somewhere in his hundreds of showings, doom has found an answer to nearly every challenge. if used correctly, this combo would be extremely difficult to take down....

now, i'll re-rank (without the commentary) based on my knowledge of individual posters, how they've done in bz's and tourneys and on just how clever i feel they can get with their amalgams....

#9: decter (sorry bro, don't know much about you, but here's hoping you do well. thumb up )

#8: lob

#7: carver (dude, surprise the sh!t out of me! that combo is too good to waste!)

#6: boks

#5: abhi

#4: ds

#3: bw

#2: scoob

#1: smurph

on the surface a couple of plans look pretty transparent. at a glance, bw's combo looks unbeatable--we'll wait and see what answers people have....

were i a betting man, smurph is likely where i'd put my money, but i honestly believe anyone in the top 4 of the second list can take it. i live to be surprised though and would love to see one of the others take the crown.

luck to all.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2015 02:02 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

I don't actually know how obvious Blair's combo is, so I have no idea if people have answers to it or not. I'm less sure of what Smurph's doing, but as a whole I agree with your assessment.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2015 04:50 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

So averaging leo's guesses, he puts smurph in the #1 spot overall with a 1st & 3rd place in the respective categories...

Smurph, good luck to you, you're definitely going to need it now that leo has jinxed you with his approval...

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Nov 5th, 2015 07:42 AM
DarkSaint85

If anyone *chomp* says they could *chomp* predict my strat, they're a *chomp* filthy liar.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2015 08:11 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Blair has a huge weakness. Humongous. His character is missing something. Great combo but he is missing 2 things that can ruin the fight for him.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Nov 5th, 2015 01:33 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

quote:
a case could be made that this collection may be the weakest gathering in the tourney

*Chomp*.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2015 01:37 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by carver9
Blair has a huge weakness. Humongous. His character is missing something. Great combo but he is missing 2 things that can ruin the fight for him.

thumb up very true

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Nov 5th, 2015 04:54 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

he is missing 2 things that can ruin the fight for him.

Dr Doom and Wonder Woman?

Old Post Nov 5th, 2015 04:58 PM
carver9

Nope. Dector is that weakness.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Nov 5th, 2015 05:27 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Blair has a huge weakness.

he is missing 2 things that can ruin the fight for him.

Logic and common sense?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Nov 5th, 2015 06:42 PM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Logic and common sense?

thumb up My two biggest foes.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Nov 5th, 2015 06:44 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote