KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Gonna write a comic. Input welcomed.

Gonna write a comic. Input welcomed.
Started by: BIGWHITESEXY

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BIGWHITESEXY
Restricted

Account Restricted

Gonna write a comic. Input welcomed.

I have always written short stories, but recently came up with a story that a friend of mine in the biz(he's done spiderman and superman at different times) agreed to do the art.

I'll give you the general concept.
The world's greatest heroes and villians disappear and are assumed dead during a fight with a huge threat. All thats left to protect the world now is sidekicks and the left behind superheroes who's powers basically suck.
Think Robin, antimatter lad, the heroes villians who didn't hit the lottery powerwise/genetically etc.

The story focuses on these kind of characters stepping outside the shadow of their more impressive counterparts, stepping up to the challenge and dealing with a combo of their own inadequacy as well as the the villains on earth. It's not easy for these guys.

Obviously, they rise to the challenge etc...

Then there's a twist, their counterparts aren't dead, and aren't exactly as Nobel as their sidekicks thought.

Lots of comic banter, humor, violence and overcoming odds in this story. Lots of rethinking what makes a hero and what makes a villain. Overcoming self doubt and feelings of inferiority etc.

No permanent title,

Cont

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 03:37 AM
BIGWHITESEXY is currently offline Click here to Send BIGWHITESEXY a Private Message Find more posts by BIGWHITESEXY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BIGWHITESEXY
Restricted

Account Restricted

he superheroes and VILLIANS are in cahoots.
The side kicks are just unknowing pawns.

Yada yada, side kicks find out, unite and wreck shop against their former mentors.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 03:37 AM
BIGWHITESEXY is currently offline Click here to Send BIGWHITESEXY a Private Message Find more posts by BIGWHITESEXY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BIGWHITESEXY
Restricted

Account Restricted

Some characters
'Punchbag' - He can absorb the pain of other characters. So if, for example, he was Batman's sidekick. Batman gets kicked in the nuts, he doesn't feel a thing and poor Punchbag watching from the sidelines ends up rolling around on the floor in agony.

Maybe that's been used before, but I can't think of any characters like that off the top of my head.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 03:39 AM
BIGWHITESEXY
Restricted

Account Restricted

^^ i will make him a whiner, always complaining about the pain he absorbs when his fellow teammates get hurt.

Passive aggressively reminding teammates about " that time I took a punch for you".

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 03:40 AM
BIGWHITESEXY
Restricted

Account Restricted

on of the side kicks is so powerful he can't use his powers and is paralised by fear of hurting others all the time
think about superman and doomsdays fight for example
somehow they're punching each other in the middle of a city despite the fact that superman can punch a planet in half if he wants to
so this superpowerful sidekick can punch someone so hard that the resonding shockwave would tear the earth apart for a mile around them he can fly so fast that the friction of him going through the air causes massive areas around him to spontaneously combust
that sort of shit
He's paralyzed by fear.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 03:41 AM
BIGWHITESEXY
Restricted

Account Restricted

Don Wrong -a homosexual dude who is irresistable to women or vice versa.

The downside of his powers is that he's actually ugly as **** and has zero charisma, meaning he can't get laid in a whorehouse with a fist full of 20s when it comes to his actual sexual preference.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 03:43 AM
BIGWHITESEXY
Restricted

Account Restricted

Conspiracy man. Real name evilyoshida
Everything is a conspiracy to this guy....everything, so no one listens. But this time he's right!

He's always know the heroes and villians were in cahoots.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 03:44 AM
BIGWHITESEXY
Restricted

Account Restricted

Character: a guy who is absolutely invulnerable to physical harm. A nuke wouldn't break his skin.....but, that's all he's got. No super anything and also he feels the pain when he gets hit\thrown out a plane etc, just like a normal person would.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 03:45 AM
BIGWHITESEXY
Restricted

Account Restricted

Need help with names and title. All input is welcome.

Any ideas for shitty powers?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 03:47 AM
BIGWHITESEXY
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anyone who uploads a quality character mockup gets a mention in the comic.

=)

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 03:50 AM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

A lame but potentially useful power is the ability to control grass. And only grass.

But then you realize that bamboo is grass, and lure someone in a bamboo forest...

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 04:05 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BIGWHITESEXY
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Endless Mike
A lame but potentially useful power is the ability to control grass. And only grass.

But then you realize that bamboo is grass, and lure someone in a bamboo forest...
lmfao
Love it

Keep in mind, this is satire mixed with real issues and gore. Don't hold back, fellas.

Lists of satire towards marvel and DC. My universes superman is a dbag lol

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 04:34 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ttt

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Aug 1st, 2015 06:02 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Not a bad idea at all actually. I'd check that out.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2015 02:44 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

make sure the ladies are big breasted and make sure to feature lots of nudity

lol

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 6th, 2015 04:12 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by BIGWHITESEXY
Some characters
'Punchbag' - He can absorb the pain of other characters. So if, for example, he was Batman's sidekick. Batman gets kicked in the nuts, he doesn't feel a thing and poor Punchbag watching from the sidelines ends up rolling around on the floor in agony.

Maybe that's been used before, but I can't think of any characters like that off the top of my head.

Good and bad idea. Why not just make a genius level character that creates a device that cancels out pain to a certain degree?

Your Punchbag character will likely get as much press as other ersatz failure type characters that have been written in the past.

If you're going to write a comic why not go with an original concept?

Originally posted by BIGWHITESEXY
Character: a guy who is absolutely invulnerable to physical harm. A nuke wouldn't break his skin.....but, that's all he's got. No super anything and also he feels the pain when he gets hit\thrown out a plane etc, just like a normal person would.

John Byrne already did this with his Next Men. It was a great title, but it failed from loss of momentum.

Wish I could give you some of my ideas, but I'm holding onto most.

Cyberpunk action is a genre that is rarely tapped on, and usually done wrong. Why not begin there? You can generally take all of today's concepts, and bug out with them. Think about it. Future sports aided by tech that does not exist today. Then place your heroes in that far flung future setting. The Watchmen was one of my favorite comic book to movie films of all time. Why? because it touched on a reality that Marvel and DC rarely treads in. Heroes get hurt, heroes die, heroes get hooked on drugs, heroes become villains. Well they do touch on some of those subject, but they rarely do it to the point that the Watchmen did.

Just putting that out there. Hope it helps.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2015 11:47 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote