KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Closer to trans tier...

Closer to trans tier...
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

Closer to trans tier...

Based off their showings (everything counts here), who is closer to trans tier? Please rate them from Greatest to least greatest.

Thor
Superman
Surfer

Please explain your answer.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 05:52 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Superman

Thor

Surfer

For all his hype, surfer doesn't has that many victories against Herald level characters much less Trans level beings. I'm struggling to recall the last time he beat a trans level character with flat out power.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 06:01 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

I don't agree with everything you said ABHI but I kinda agree with your placement. I would put Thor above them all though but an argument CAN be made for Supes.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 06:05 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Re: Closer to trans tier...

They even got some Skyfather feats imo.

Superman
Thor
Glinting Bastard

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 06:07 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

quote: (post)
Originally posted by abhilegend
For all his hype, surfer doesn't has that many victories against Herald level characters much less Trans level beings. I'm struggling to recall the last time he beat a trans level character with flat out power.

Sad but true.

Superman and Thor have come across as more impressive against Trans Levelers (and even some Skyfathers) than Surfer has. Makes no sense really but that's the way it is.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 06:14 PM
zopzop is online now! Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Only because Norrin is the least popular. Let him get more panel time and he'd have more feats...overall they're roughly even

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 06:18 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by zopzop
Sad but true.

Superman and Thor have come across as more impressive against Trans Levelers (and even some Skyfathers) than Surfer has. Makes no sense really but that's the way it is.

Honestly which heralds has surfer beaten on raw power? The only one which comes to mind is Morg but the planet exploded because of their combined power. Surfer was more durable but I don't think he could've koed him on his own power.

While Morg straight up koed him and had chance of killing him but spared him.

Then, who else? Hulk straight up walked through his blasts last two times they fought in The Order and SS 125. He has one win over hulk in TTA 93 though. Thor always got better of him. Then who else?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 06:21 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

I'd say it goes like this.

1. Superman

2. Thor

3. Surfer

Now first of all I am going to say I think Surfer is closer to the Trans Tier than any of the other 3 here. But I am basing my opinion on what we see in the comics. Surfer would #1 by this far

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

If he acted on the power that he has inside him. But he just doesn't. He is extremely pacifistic, and rarely if ever actually goes ham on a character. If he had the mindset of say Thor then yeah he could easily be above everyone here but he doesn't. So despite the fact that in my opinion in general based on potential and Surfer's power and potential he would be far above everyone here. His pacifistic nature prevents that. Which is why he is at the bottom.

Superman I would say is closer to the Trans Tier than Thor is again the fact that he does a lot of holding back (which Thor also does). But when Superman goes all out it's a sight to behold. He displays gargantuan amounts of power that is something to behold. It's not even just his strength, or his heat vision. He is also has other things like his speed although that isn't as important. I just think Superman if he isn't holding back (subconsciously or consciously) he just impresses much more than Thor does. It's something we rarely see (Superman not holding back) and everyone is impressed when he doesn't.

Thor comes second because while he has impressive feats (such as hurting Glory) and he is a tough bastard with his durability He can also put a hurting on a lot of people in the Herald Tier and shows some degree of being able to affect people outside of his tier (Trans etc). I already mentioned Glory but when he can he has knocked Thanos (he may not have hurt him much if not at all but it shows he packs a ton of power). I could bring up a ton of other things but I would end up writing 30,000 + words. I just don't think at the end of it while Surfer should be much higher than these guys here (and to note he probably is, he just doesn't exhibit in comics. It's a hard thing to debate but I just find that Superman is just that bit above Thor.

I should clarify in comparison to Superman Thor is absolutely not trailing in power (far from it). I just think he is just a bit above Thor. This is to say that a fight between them with them both going all out is not a Stomp for Superman. It's just Superman takes more wins than his losses.

Now if we were to go on potential at maximum capacity then it would be.

1. Surfer

2.Superman
3.Thor

But this just isn't shown in comics.

Apologies if this is a bit of a crazy write up or anything.

Last edited by One_Angry_Scot on Jul 13th, 2015 at 06:39 PM

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 06:36 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ghostman

superman, the mother****er oneshotted a guy that tosses stars around, went toe to toe with pc kryptonians oneshotted universal death, and this isnt even the tip of the iceberg, superman is known for going beyond his tier. superman has wayy more impressive feats against people in the trans tier than the others imo

superman

thor

surfer

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 06:41 PM
ghostman is currently offline Click here to Send ghostman a Private Message Find more posts by ghostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
I'd say it goes like this.

1. Superman

2. Thor

3. Surfer

Now first of all I am going to say I think Surfer is closer to the Trans Tier than any of the other 3 here. But I am basing my opinion on what we see in the comics. Surfer would #1 by this far

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

If he acted on the power that he has inside him. But he just doesn't. He is extremely pacifistic, and rarely if ever actually goes ham on a character. If he had the mindset of say Thor then yeah he could easily be above everyone here but he doesn't. So despite the fact that in my opinion in general based on potential and Surfer's power and potential he would be far above everyone here. His pacifistic nature prevents that. Which is why he is at the bottom.

Superman I would say is closer to the Trans Tier than Thor is again the fact that he does a lot of holding back (which Thor also does). But when Superman goes all out it's a sight to behold. He displays gargantuan amounts of power that is something to behold. It's not even just his strength, or his heat vision. He is also has other things like his speed although that isn't as important. I just think Superman if he isn't holding back (subconsciously or consciously) he just impresses much more than Thor does. It's something we rarely see (Superman not holding back) and everyone is impressed when he doesn't.

Thor comes second because while he has impressive feats (such as hurting Glory) and he is a tough bastard with his durability He can also put a hurting on a lot of people in the Herald Tier and shows some degree of being able to affect people outside of his tier (Trans etc). I already mentioned Glory but when he can he has knocked Thanos (he may not have hurt him much if not at all but it shows he packs a ton of power). I could bring up a ton of other things but I would end up writing 30,000 + words. I just don't think at the end of it while Surfer should be much higher than these guys here (and to note he probably is, he just doesn't exhibit in comics. It's a hard thing to debate but I just find that Superman is just that bit above Thor.

I should clarify in comparison to Superman Thor is absolutely not trailing in power (far from it). I just think he is just a bit above Thor. This is to say that a fight between them with them both going all out is not a Stomp for Superman. It's just Superman takes more wins than his losses.

Now if we were to go on potential at maximum capacity then it would be.

1. Surfer

2.Superman
3.Thor

But this just isn't shown in comics.

Apologies if this is a bit of a crazy write up or anything.

Great post.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 06:46 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by carver9
Great post.

Thanks mate.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 06:47 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One-Punch
B-Class Hero

Looks like abhi is on his usual crusade to low-ball Surfer. What else is new?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 06:49 PM
One-Punch is currently offline Click here to Send One-Punch a Private Message Find more posts by One-Punch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

This depends entirely on the opponent being fought. It's a three way tie IMO when looked at it under proper circumstances. If Superman or the Surfer battles a creature that was unable to be hit hit anything other than a magical being, or magical weapon they would be in a world of trouble. If Thor fought against a character that required him to be fazed or intangible (in terms of speed) in order to hit it, he would fail miserably, or be placed at a considerable disadvantage.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 07:01 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sad but true.

It actually makes perfect sense when you consider those other two have been cast in the role of The People's Champ to varying degrees. However, his performance against Messiah Cable was nice.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 07:11 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by abhilegend
Honestly which heralds has surfer beaten on raw power? The only one which comes to mind is Morg but the planet exploded because of their combined power. Surfer was more durable but I don't think he could've koed him on his own power.

While Morg straight up koed him and had chance of killing him but spared him.

Then, who else? Hulk straight up walked through his blasts last two times they fought in The Order and SS 125. He has one win over hulk in TTA 93 though. Thor always got better of him. Then who else?

So the one that comes to mind is the only one that might rival his own power and you are knocking it?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 07:12 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

Originally posted by One-Punch
Looks like abhi is on his usual crusade to low-ball Surfer. What else is new?

He's not though. At least not in this thread.
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
It actually makes perfect sense when you consider those other two have been cast in the role of The People's Champ to varying degrees. However, his performance against Messiah Cable was nice.

It's aggravating really. Surfer is like a mini Cosmic Cube. The sh|t he's pulled with his power cosmic is remarkable : raising the dead, planetary level TP, cosmic awareness, planetary level molecular manipulation, time travel in both directins (forward and backward), planet busting, etc...

Thanos, the king of Marvel's Trans Tier, hasn't even displayed that level of versatility (and many times, not even scale) with his power. It doesn't make sense.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 08:02 PM
zopzop is online now! Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One-Punch
B-Class Hero

He's not though. At least not in this thread.

Claiming the only herald Surfer has beaten is Morg is the very definition low-balling. Actually it's worse, it's an outright lie.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 08:11 PM
One-Punch is currently offline Click here to Send One-Punch a Private Message Find more posts by One-Punch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Supes
Thor
Surfer

SS is a softy and will never live up to his potential. We have seen what Supes and Thor can do.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 08:17 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Surfer beat the follwing Heralds
Beta Ray Bill
God like Cable
Nova Prime
Ravenous
Genis Vell

There is more.. A lot more, but he has a big string of victories in this wight class

Last edited by "Id" on Jul 13th, 2015 at 08:27 PM

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 08:24 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One-Punch
B-Class Hero

Originally posted by "Id"
Surfer beat the follwing Heralds
Beta Ray Bill
God like Cable
Nova Prime
Ravenous
Genis Vell

There is more.. A lot more, but he has a big string of victories in this wight class

Here's some more off the top of my head.

- Overpowered Mephisto in his own realm so save Shalla-Bal's soul. Mephisto is supposed to be nigh-omnipotent in his realm.
- Defeated Tenebrous and Aegis, both are Galactus level
- Beat Krosakis, who had Gladiator's power stacked with the Uni-Power
- Beat down classic Abomb who killed Savage Hulk
- Beat down Super Skaar tapping into his whole planet's Old Power
- Beat Red Shift without his board
- Beat Firelord twice
- Beat Uni-Lord
- Beat Durok
- Disintegrates his clone, who was equal to him in power
- Nearly splattered Super Skrulls brains with one punch
- Beat Mrrungo Muu
- Knocked out Savage Hulk with one blast

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 08:29 PM