KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Closer to trans tier...

Closer to trans tier...
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Nuul
I care about feats too, I mean that I wish that they stop treating Thor like a punching bag/jobber and start putting him back in or near the trans tier again. I want Thor fighting Thanos, attacking Galactus, uber Doom etc...

A properly written Thor is great, and it's long overdue. thumb up

If they wrote Thor as using half his powers he'd be a herald buster. His storm powers have been ignored for the better part of three decades as has his antiforce blast and transmutatation.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2015 02:10 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Seriously? So where's Abby's context when he claimed that Surfer couldn't beat Firelord even though the scans show Surfer had him on the ground trying to reason with him when Firelord landed a sucker blast from the ground?? Abby is the last poster on this board to champion context. Of course he's attempting to lowball and does so daily.
Yeah seriously, and I'm not just talking about Abhi. It's the same old constant shit over and over again that spoils every thread.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2015 02:17 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by One-Punch
Gave him no time to cast offensive spells. Doesn't mean Mephisto's personal might was weak, given that he was in his own realm. Mephisto himself said he's never felt such raw power, and out of desperation was forced to attack Shalla.
No, he flat out said he would be unable to do anything to him if he gets to use his magic.

(please log in to view the image)

Thor has overpowered Mephisto in his realm. When Mephisto was actually trying to kill him.

A total non feat for Surfer.

quote:
He used his energy manipulation and surfed the cosmic crunch. If Superman was in that situation fighting two Galactus level beings how would he handle it?
Not nearly dying by four shots? Do you think Superman has never fought any abstracts before or something?

quote:
Actually Krosakis said the opposite; he said he can handle this much energy and told Surfer he's been doing this since since before Surfer could walk.
That's simply his bravado talking. Surfer flat out told that the power is more than he could control.

quote:
Proof when he was ressurrected Abomb was weak?
You don't know he was depowered by Bruce after he beat Hulk? And he wasn't resurrected, he was brought from Stranger's ship.
quote:
And it was Surfer who was weakened during the fight. He still physically overpowered him before knocking him out with his power cosmic.
He didn't overpower him, he punched him few times and showed some fancy moves.
quote:
This was also during the era when Surfer was at a fraction of his power.
Ah, the overhyped weakened era.

quote:
You're making stuff up.
Seriously?

quote:
Using the Old Power to destroy the planet doesn't automatically stop him from using it to amp himself, the Old Power flows through Skaar's veins and is an artificial Power Cosmic. That's like saying when Surfer blasts, his durability is weakened, which obviously isn't true.
Then you don't know how old power works, do you?
quote:
And planet busting isn't herald level?
He is a geokinetic. Amped on old power he could destroy the planet. Its not strength or something.

quote:
Surfer overpowered him, destroys his swords and blasts him into the black hole.
Did he now? He had Red Shift from behind and hurled him into the black hole by a blast. He didn't overpower him at any time.
quote:
He did this without his Surfer board and after infusing some power into it and giving it to Alicia Masters to get her to safey IIRC.
Does not possessing his board somehow weakens Surfer? And how does creating a force field weakened him?

quote:

According to you only Morg and Firelord count. Actually, you don't even count the Morg fight because you claim Morg knocked himself out with his own energy, which is ridiculous and untrue.
No, I didn't say Morg koed himself. I said Surfer and Morg's collective power blew the planet up and Morg was koed. Surfer wasn't.

quote:
Also there's the time he beat Terrax twice.
Ah, terrax the jobber. Quite a feat right there.

quote:
He knocked Durok unconscious before time dumping him.
He didn't. Time travel koed Durok for some reason. Before that he throughly overpowered surfer.
quote:
This was also a depowered Surfer.
It wasn't. After SS v1 there is not a single evidence that Surfer was weakened. It was also retroactively retconned in Web of Spider Man 5.

quote:
You're mixing up your clones. The first clone was created by Frankenstein and equal to him in power. Both were trying to absorb each other's power and the real Surfer won and absorbed the clone's power to the point of disintegrating him.
http://imgur.com/a/L6aO0#6
http://imgur.com/a/L6aO0#7
I'm talking about the same. It was duplicated by Surfer's own energies. And it was returned to Clay once surfer absorbed his powers back.

And only real surfer tried draining his energies.

[quote[http://imgur.com/a/5XJTr#0
http://imgur.com/a/5XJTr#1[/quote] He punched and broke some skin and teeth from Super Skrull. Not "nearly splattered his brain." Way to overhype the feat.

quote:
He did. Surfer destroyed his power plant (which dwarfed the planet) before beating him, but Mrrungo still had Hulk and Namor's strength which he absorbed earlier, as well as his own personal might.
Haha, what? Mu's ship dwarfed the planet, not his power plant.

And all his powers were transmitted to him by his power plant. Those he absorbed from Hulk and Namor as well.

quote:
No it was a cosmic blast.
(please log in to view the image)

This was their first meeting and before Surfer was depowered.
It was more directed towards the boulders and it wasn't the only attack surfer landed.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

quote:
Namor can KO Hulk with a single attack?
Surfer can?

quote:
And even if it was a board, why would it not count? The board is part of Surfer.

Because Hulk has several in universe power ups that actually stuck. Unlike surfer.

From his respect thread on Herochat.

quote:
Q: How many times has the Hulk been said to have had permanent boosts to his strength level?

A:
INCREDIBLE HULK #3. Narration: "And, with the Hulk being more powerful than ever now…"
AVENGERS #3. Rick Jones: "He's the Hulk again! And he's stronger than ever!"
TALES TO ASTONISH #73. After bombarding the Hulk with gamma radiation, Leader finds the Hulk has recovered from brain surgery within an hour, when he expected Hulk to be unconscious for days. Leader: "You're stronger than ever!"
INCREDIBLE HULK #131. Hulk says, "Hulk is stronger than when you knew him, Iron Man-- stronger than ever!"
INCREDIBLE HULK #137. Of his first battle with Abomination, Hulk says, "That-- was long ago! Hulk was-- weaker then!"
INCREDIBLE HULK #267. Betty and Rick convinced the Hulk to step in front of Banner's gamma ray projector. Hulk: "Hulk knows about green rays! They make Hulk stronger each time they touch Hulk-- but they also hurt!"
INCREDIBLE HULK #389. Hulk says, "You see, I've gotten older and better, Glob! I'm bigger. Stronger. Meaner."
INCREDIBLE HULK #391. Another reference to the Hulk having grown stronger over the years. Galvin, a government agent, says, "... he's bigger, greener, and stronger than ever."

Old Post Jul 14th, 2015 04:42 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by -Pr-
They're ****ing up a lot of their characters. I don't know what the hell they've been doing lately.

It's an ill conceived attempt to gain the female vote which is retarded. We care about stories not feats. Leave that crap to pre pubescent boys

Old Post Jul 14th, 2015 04:42 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by One-Punch
BRB was bloody and on his knees and beaten. He was at Surfer's mercy. The only reason he was still conscious was because Surfer stopped to show mercy and talk some sense into him. Surfer himself said BRB couldn't match him.
Only after Surfer suckered him with a board attack from behind.

Surfer could say anything he want. It doesn't changes anything.

quote:
Cable wasn't burned out during their fight, or else he wouldn't be able to do things like hold up providence, fight Surfer and help reconstruct the damage on the fly.
But he was. Do me a favor and read the comic first.

quote:
Ravenous isn't a meta. Meta's don't survive point blank planetary explosions.
He could survive anything and nobody would give a phuck. Without his seeker he was Xenith's ***** and Ronan oneshotted him.

Like I said, he would be lucky to be a meta level character without his seeker.

quote:
Legacy was still a herald level. Not high herald, but still herald level.
Nope, even Mar-Vell who had years of experience with nega bands wasn't a herald.

Legacy has no feats to contend with a low herald. Ronan pushed his shit in.

quote:
A double KO isn't pushing someone's shit in, and like I said, it was during the era when Surfer was depowered to a fraction of his original power.
I never said he pushed his shit in.

And surfer wasn't depowered in that era after SS v1. Keep your facts straight.

quote:
In the more recent encounter (which I posted) where Surfer isn't depowered, Iron Man and his team couldn't KO Surfer with their combined attack, even after disrupting Surfer's energies.

You would see that Iron Man didn't ko surfer by repulsor blasts anywhere.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2015 04:47 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sin I AM
It's an ill conceived attempt to gain the female vote which is retarded. We care about stories not feats. Leave that crap to pre pubescent boys

The thing I don't get is that Marvel already HAS a ton of potent female characters. If they aren't using them correctly, then it doesn't matter how many more they erect. Plus, the chief buyer of comics will always be male.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2015 04:48 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Insane Titan
Yeah seriously, and I'm not just talking about Abhi. It's the same old constant shit over and over again that spoils every thread.

Well, it's not just Abby, but he is BY FAR the worse. Since you've written this post, he's immediately gone on to say that Surfer beating Mephisto in his own realm is a non feat. Think he's say that about Superman?

Old Post Jul 14th, 2015 04:49 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Well, it's not just Abby, but he is BY FAR the worse. Since you've written this post, he's immediately gone on to say that Surfer beating Mephisto in his own realm is a non feat. Think he's say that about Superman?

Where did he actually beat Mephisto? Overpowering him in strength is beating him?

Old Post Jul 14th, 2015 05:00 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi

Originally posted by abhilegend
By surprising him and not giving him time to use his magic. He admitted that if Mephisto gets time he is toast. Not under his own power. Overloaded him when we don't know his capabilities to store energy as he was already full as per his admission. Not only Abom was weakened after he nearly killed hulk by banner but surfer put him to sleep. And weakened Abom is no Herald. Even Namor has pushed his shit in. Skaar was using oldpower to destroy the planet not actually amping his strength. And Skaar is no Herald. Did he? Or did he trap him into a black hole? Only genuine win. Holy shit, so much context is left for this. Straight up?

laughing out loud No, he didn't. He absorbed his power which was taken from him. He has lost twice to his clones, first by skrull surfer and by cosmic Messiah. Haha, what? Did he now? It was a board attack. But it was also in the same time where Namor could ko him.

I know this might be a shock to you, but many of Supeman's wins outside of his tier have context to them. Often times he doesn't punch his way to victory... Often times there is CIS or PIS involved or superman comes up with a plan or a plot device or a new power to win. This is routine. So, does this post mean you are throwing any victory out that doesnt' just involve superman punching or using HV... if that is the case... fine... but it better be across the board if that is the case.

Much of what you're doing here I could go... Well superman won.. but only because he punched him and that got him reeling and then he just kept punching. Figuring out ways to win is figuring out ways to win. Every character is different.. some just steamroll.. other device plans or use their versatility... some do all... Point is, one type of victory isn't better than another

Old Post Jul 14th, 2015 05:24 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

If they wrote Thor as using half his powers he'd be a herald buster. His storm powers have been ignored for the better part of three decades as has his antiforce blast and transmutatation.

And if they wrote a half way competent Surfer, he'd be a Trans buster, minimum. Go back in time (which he can do under his own power) and put a power cosmic blast in between Baby Thanos' ears. /fin

Go back in time kidnap Baby Thor and throw him into the fires of Muspel. /fin

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2015 05:27 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

The lowballing in this thread has reached new heights.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2015 05:36 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I know this might be a shock to you, but many of Supeman's wins outside of his tier have context to them. Often times he doesn't punch his way to victory... Often times there is CIS or PIS involved or superman comes up with a plan or a plot device or a new power to win. This is routine. So, does this post mean you are throwing any victory out that doesnt' just involve superman punching or using HV... if that is the case... fine... but it better be across the board if that is the case.

No way!!!!!!

Scans or it didn't happen.

quote:
Much of what you're doing here I could go... Well superman won.. but only because he punched him and that got him reeling and then he just kept punching. Figuring out ways to win is figuring out ways to win. Every character is different.. some just steamroll.. other device plans or use their versatility... some do all... Point is, one type of victory isn't better than another

What's your point again?

Old Post Jul 14th, 2015 05:37 PM
carver9

Originally posted by zopzop
And if they wrote a half way competent Surfer, he'd be a Trans buster, minimum. Go back in time (which he can do under his own power) and put a power cosmic blast in between Baby Thanos' ears. /fin

Is time manipulation the only way he could best them?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Last edited by carver9 on Jul 14th, 2015 at 05:46 PM

Old Post Jul 14th, 2015 05:40 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Waverider and Linear Men must be skyfather level then.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2015 05:42 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by carver9
Is tome manipulation the only way he could best them?

Tome manipulation?

eek!

That's just game breaker dude!!!!

Old Post Jul 14th, 2015 05:42 PM
zopzop
The Weeknd

Is tome manipulation the only way he could best them?

He can encase them in Adamantium, open black holes in their brains, etc.. His matter manipulation abilities sh|t all over Thor's. He's used it more times on panel than Thor has and on a MUCH larger scale.

I actually wonder what would happen if Surfer encased Thanos in a solid adamantium prison. Or opened up a black hole inside his brain.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2015 05:44 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree with all that as well, but you have to take into account that Thor is better overall in combat, plus he has Asgardian magic. Either way, both trump Kal.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2015 05:47 PM
carver9

Originally posted by abhilegend
Tome manipulation?

eek!

That's just game breaker dude!!!!

Lol...Zop knew what I was talking about. Typo.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jul 14th, 2015 05:48 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
The lowballing in this thread has reached new heights.

The guy just said beating Mephisto in his own realm is a non feat. Can't make this shit up.

Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is time manipulation the only way he could best them?

Does it matter?