KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » KMC Tournament - Ambient vs LordofBrooklyn vs Leonidas

icecream
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
icecream 0 0%
icecream 3 75.00%
icecream 1 25.00%
Total: 4 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

KMC Tournament - Ambient vs LordofBrooklyn vs Leonidas
Started by: "Id"

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

No more post!

Match is over!

Old Post Jul 31st, 2015 02:01 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

- Id

LoB should be invited to every tournament. Between Ambient drunk reply, and LoB superiority complex….well kept me entertained. Anyhow on to business.

LordofBrooklyn: Zauriel & Nova Prime
Zaunova will release a gravimetric pulse, charge/teleport to cut Leo down. And take out Ambient.

leonidas: Absolon Mercator & Forge
The MAKER: Put up a shield in the event of a scream. Create a cloaking device, teleporting device, auto bomb, and a NETRALIZER.
Leo counts that LoB will engage with Ambient First.

Ambient: The Darkness & Asylum
Alter Darkness opens up a rift the size of Manhattan, unleashes an army of darkling’s, and sits within the rift which the area is saturated with the Dark Force ready to take up all comers with various forms of attacks, and gain a pawn to anyone who is absorbed by the Darkness.

Zaunova vs The MAKER vs Alter Darkness

Keep in mind that the match takes place in the Roman Coliseum, inside its ring. At the start of the match, Leo puts a shield if he senses danger. While LoB gets to rely on Novas auto shields.

At first LoB, was gunning for Leo. But Ambient has a different plan and decided to unleash hell on Earth, and engulf the battle field with Dark Force, backed the Darkness (which is a great combo). LoB attention got diverted and decided to blast it to heaven with a Star Gate Of Death. With the change of attention, as Leo wrote on his opening, and as LoB decided to act on it, as Ambient revealed his opening strat. Decides to go ahead with his creations.
Cloaking – Which I find useless in every tournament. Everyone uses it, and everyone has some form of counter.
And tools to disarm, and dispose.

Leo follow up by dropping some bombs on Ambient, since why the phuck not. He already predicted LoB would engage Ambient might as well take some fools out with it. Keep note, that Leo never needed to create bombs, since Mr. M can just as easily set them off with the wave of his hand. Literally.

At this point, I don’t see how Ambient can counter and survive. Those Atomic bombs, and Stargate would decimate Ambient. Its almost unfair, but Leo and LoB actions lead to an unlikely team up.
With Ambient gone. Its Leo vs LoB. Sure LoB auto shields can tank Leo nukes. But LoB never convinced me, he had the means to counter the NETRALIZER. I needed something solid from him, to let me know Nova can deal with it. Which would then come down to who is the more capable of the two. But he didn’t, and that lead to clear advantage for Leo, since the the purpose of the NETRALIZER, is to nerf his opponents, and cut off his power. Easy pickings for someone who has the power to level an entire city.

Winner Leo.

Last edited by "Id" on Aug 6th, 2015 at 05:59 PM

Old Post Aug 6th, 2015 05:50 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Prof. T.C McAbe

Hey, sure. I had to reread and rethink this two times. Here are my thoughts on this Battle-zone. I don't know if I am supposed to explain why I voted the way I did or just say xyz wins, this is my first BZ as a judge and I try to be as objective and fair as possible. So bear with me and actual flaws in my thinking.

First, all three did a great job. Their characters are well chosen and more than capable of winning against anyone. LoB and the House of El are my allies, though I "forgot" this little fact for this BZ.

My opinion on who would win changed constantly during the BZ. After reading the first descriptions of the characters I came to the conclusion that power wise, Alter Darkness is the most powerful on the field and Zaunova close behind, with Leos char lacking the raw power to compete with the others and thus standing not a real chance. Controlling the Darkforce and wielding the Darkness on top of this made me think that Alter Darkness enemies can't light a candle in his dark(lings) wind, especially not Leos char, at least this was what I though in the beginning. However, given the nature of Zaunova, his celestial weapon, the light based nature and the Stargate of Death, I was convinced that he indeed can cut through anything and would be like Knite for Alter Darkness, kind of tailor made against him. His Stargate would be against the BFR rule if it would go against Alter Darkness himself, but since it was supposed to target the Darklings wave I though it is legit. So, with the lightbased powers, the Stargate and blasts from Leos Bombs I had the impression that Alter Darkness will lose this now and Zaunova, who should be able to tank the Bombs due to his shields would claim the win after finding and eliminating Leo. Unfortunately LoB changed his tactics more than once, which made it hard to follow what exactly he would do and in what order, so I started from the beginning. In all of this I though that Leos tactic won't pay out, till rereading the BFR rule in the Tournament thread, which at the end required the Chars to tank the Explosion AND the neutralizer, which would have been possible for Alter Darkness only by a self BFR in his dimension. Since neither Alter Darkness nor Zaunova can use the self BFR even for a moment to escape the neutralizer, I had to agree with Leo that they will indeed be powerless, and after the blast hits them, dead. While all this happens, Leo will be somewhere, phased and shielded, hiding from his enemies till he can smell their burned bones. This tactic, as cowardly as it might seem, is indeed flawless, under those stips, and as thus I can only vote for Leonidas. Sometimes it is not the most powerful char who wins but the sneakiest.

Winner: Leonidas
Second Place: Alter Darkness AND Zaunova

Old Post Aug 6th, 2015 05:51 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

The Nuul
Ambient

Strategy Fight Debate Humour Format
4 5 5 4 5

Total: 23

Leo

5 5 5 4 3

Total: 22

LoB

4 4 4 5 3

Total: 20

Ambient wins.

at first I had Ambient that was winning until Leo started to post more, Leo overall was better than Ambient. What made a difference for me was in the format...

Ambients posts were clean, easy to follow and to read. More so than Leo and LoB posts. I had a hard time reading and keeping up with LoB posts, I was a little confused with them. Leo... I found that Leos walls of text were a bit too much, his posts looked like a big blob, but I was still able to follow and comprehend what he was doing.

And this was why I voted for Ambient. Leo could have easily gotten my vote, if his format was a little better.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2015 05:51 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Congrats Leo, you advance.

Thanks LoB, and Abmient for your participation.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2015 05:52 PM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Should formatting dictate a vote if the strategy/content > the opponents? (not saying that I agree or disagree with the decision, just that point).

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Aug 6th, 2015 06:20 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

It should matter as your supposed to make the most clear and concise points. It matters in real debates, but half the time how judges vote for matches here varies so much there isn't any consistency. Someone long ago should have made a template for judges to base their votes on. Hence why I never judge as with it being so open its subjective to your discretion.

I feel If you can't articulate precisely what your point is your not debating your arguments well. (Not directed at this thread but to overall debate tourneys here)

Last edited by -K-M- on Aug 6th, 2015 at 06:32 PM

Old Post Aug 6th, 2015 06:25 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Leo doesn't have access to a computer right now. I literally just walked downstairs and gave him the news, since he's still in town and hanging out with Newjak and I tonight. Congrats to all, though.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2015 08:23 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

IOW, he's tied up in your gimp basement.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2015 08:48 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

You know you got no girlfriends when your hanging out with guys you meet on the Internet.

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Aug 6th, 2015 08:53 PM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

I DEMAND AN IMMEDIATE RECOUNT AND INVESTIGATION!!!!

NOT A SINGLE VOTE FOR I THE MIGHTY BLACK CONQUEROR , LORDOFBROOKLYN!!!!!!

mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad

Old Post Aug 6th, 2015 09:06 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
Leo doesn't have access to a computer right now. I literally just walked downstairs and gave him the news, since he's still in town and hanging out with Newjak and I tonight. Congrats to all, though.

Where do you guys live again?

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2015 09:06 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn

Sorry bro, you did really good and you would have my vote but this damn neutralizer...

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Aug 6th, 2015 09:24 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

You were hosed bro.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2015 10:48 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Great job judges! I like how detailed your explainations behind your reasoning for your votes and thank you for taking your time.

Congratz Leo. 😄

My Artwork

Old Post Aug 6th, 2015 11:21 PM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Ambient
Great job judges! I like how detailed your explainations behind your reasoning for your votes and thank you for taking your time.

Congratz Leo. 😄

Lol @ the contrast. Anyway, good job guys.

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Where do you guys live again?

North America.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2015 02:06 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Jokes aside I was impressed with LoB's showing. thumb up

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Aug 7th, 2015 02:54 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
You know you got no girlfriends when your hanging out with guys you meet on the Internet.

(a) digi's girl friend was great the couple days i was down
(b) beats your blow up dolls. wink

and thanks judges. i'm not real sure format should be weighed evenly with the other aspects, nor should humour be factored in evenly imo. they DO go towards readability, but if i could have earned the vote 'easily' based on my argument, a lack of formatting shouldn't cost the vote imo. km has a point--but just because i don't use fancy headlines and colours and bullets, doesn't mean the argument isn't presented clearly and well. and given the nature of this chaotic 3-way, i think it was.

but it IS a subjective process and regardless, appreciate the input from all of you.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2015 05:07 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by leonidas
(a) digi's girl friend was great the couple days i was down
(b) beats your blow up dolls. wink

and thanks judges. i'm not real sure format should be weighed evenly with the other aspects, nor should humour be factored in evenly imo. they DO go towards readability, but if i could have earned the vote 'easily' based on my argument, a lack of formatting shouldn't cost the vote imo. km has a point--but just because i don't use fancy headlines and colours and bullets, doesn't mean the argument isn't presented clearly and well. and given the nature of this chaotic 3-way, i think it was.

but it IS a subjective process and regardless, appreciate the input from all of you.
After this post I to am beginning to think we need a recount in this thread!

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Aug 7th, 2015 04:56 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

Yes! I think a recount is in order. Here lI'll quote all judging..

quote:
- Id

LoB should be invited to every tournament. Between Ambient drunk reply, and LoB superiority complex….well kept me entertained. Anyhow on to business.

LordofBrooklyn: Zauriel & Nova Prime
Zaunova will release a gravimetric pulse, charge/teleport to cut Leo down. And take out Ambient.

leonidas: Absolon Mercator & Forge
The MAKER: Put up a shield in the event of a scream. Create a cloaking device, teleporting device, auto bomb, and a NETRALIZER.
Leo counts that LoB will engage with Ambient First.

Ambient: The Darkness & Asylum
Alter Darkness opens up a rift the size of Manhattan, unleashes an army of darkling’s, and sits within the rift which the area is saturated with the Dark Force ready to take up all comers with various forms of attacks, and gain a pawn to anyone who is absorbed by the Darkness.

Zaunova vs The MAKER vs Alter Darkness

Keep in mind that the match takes place in the Roman Coliseum, inside its ring. At the start of the match, Leo puts a shield if he senses danger. While LoB gets to rely on Novas auto shields.

At first LoB, was gunning for Leo. But Ambient has a different plan and decided to unleash hell on Earth, and engulf the battle field with Dark Force, backed the Darkness (which is a great combo). LoB attention got diverted and decided to blast it to heaven with a Star Gate Of Death. With the change of attention, as Leo wrote on his opening, and as LoB decided to act on it, as Ambient revealed his opening strat. Decides to go ahead with his creations.
Cloaking – Which I find useless in every tournament. Everyone uses it, and everyone has some form of counter.
And tools to disarm, and dispose.

Leo follow up by dropping some bombs on Ambient, since why the phuck not. He already predicted LoB would engage Ambient might as well take some fools out with it. Keep note, that Leo never needed to create bombs, since Mr. M can just as easily set them off with the wave of his hand. Literally.

At this point, I see how Ambient can counter and survive. Those Atomic bombs, and Stargate would not decimate Ambient. Its almost unfair, but Leo and LoB actions lead to an unlikely team up but unfortunately it's not enough, ambient powers through those attack and come out unscathed.
Its now Leo and LoB. Sure LoB auto shields can tank Leo nukes. But LoB never convinced me, he had the means to counter the NETRALIZER. I needed something solid from him, to let me know Nova can deal with it. Which would then come down to who is the more capable of the two. But he didn’t, and that lead to clear advantage for Leo, since the the purpose of the NETRALIZER, is to nerf his opponents, and cut off his power. Easy pickings for someone who has the power to level an entire city. But whats city level power compared to total darkness that can shape reality? That's right Leo pees and sh!ts his pant when he now face Ambients fury.

Winner Ambient.

quote:
Prof. T.C McAbe

Hey, sure. I had to reread and rethink this two times. Here are my thoughts on this Battle-zone. I don't know if I am supposed to explain why I voted the way I did or just say xyz wins, this is my first BZ as a judge and I try to be as objective and fair as possible. So bear with me and actual flaws in my thinking.

First, all three did a great job. Their characters are well chosen and more than capable of winning against anyone. LoB and the House of El are my allies, though I "forgot" this little fact for this BZ.

My opinion on who would win changed constantly during the BZ. After reading the first descriptions of the characters I came to the conclusion that power wise, Alter Darkness is the most powerful on the field and Zaunova close behind, with Leos char lacking the raw power to compete with the others and thus standing not a real chance. Controlling the Darkforce and wielding the Darkness on top of this made me think that Alter Darkness enemies can't light a candle in his dark(lings) wind, especially not Leos char, at least this was what I though in the beginning. However, given the nature of Zaunova, his celestial weapon, the light based nature and the Stargate of Death, I was not convinced that he indeed can cut through anything and would be like get stomp by Alter Darkness, who's tailored to fight against him. So, with the lightbased powers, the Stargate and blasts from Leos Bombs I had the impression that Alter Darkness will come out unscathed. Unfortunately LoB changed his tactics more than once, which made it hard to follow what exactly he would do and in what order, so I started from the beginning. In all of this I though that Leos tactic won't pay out, till rereading the BFR rule in the Tournament thread, which at the end required the Chars to tank the Explosion AND the neutralizer, which would be possible for Alter Darkness by self BFR in his dimension. Since Zaunova cannot use the self BFR even for a moment to escape the neutralizer, I had to agree with Leo that he will indeed be powerless, and after the blast hits him dead. While all this happens, Leo will be somewhere, phased and shielded, hiding from his enemies till he can smell there burned bones. This tactic is cowardly but in his arrogance he is totally unaware that Alter Darkness survive, he uncloaked and materialized, only to get pawned in the head by Ambient's alter Darkness.

Winner: Ambient.
Second Place: Leo AND Zanamagan.

[quote]
The Nuul
Ambient

5 5 5 5 5 = perfect score

Total: 25

Leo

5 5 5 4 3

Total: 22

LoB

4 4 4 5 3

Total: 20

Ambient wins.

at first I had Ambient that was winning until Leo started to post more, Leo overall was still not better than Ambient. What made a difference for me was in the format...

Ambients posts were clean, easy to follow and to read. More so than Leo and LoB posts. I had a hard time reading and keeping up with LoB posts, I was a little confused with them. Leo... I found that Leos walls of text were a bit too much, his posts looked like a big blob, but I was still able to follow and comprehend what he was doing.

And this was why I voted for Ambient. Leo could have easily gotten my vote, if his format was a little better. [\quote]

I think ID was drunk when counting the vote. wink

My Artwork

Old Post Aug 7th, 2015 08:28 PM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote