KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » LOW HERALD BZ--SUPERMUTANT vs CELEHYGA17

LOW HERALD BZ--SUPERMUTANT vs CELEHYGA17
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
maybe weigh in anyway then? guess it's better to have all votes in if all are available.

158 lbs.

smile

(I'll get it in an hour or so).

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Aug 11th, 2015 11:41 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

got 2 votes in. will wait for scot since i know he put in a lot of effort putting his vote together...

Old Post Aug 12th, 2015 02:56 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

So I hope this is okay enough I tried to make it as short as I humanly could as I did finish one after I PM'd you. But it ended up being 11745 words and going on what you said I knew I couldn't send that.

Just out of interest here is all of the planning I finished (although I only got to the first posts.

Opening Posts

CeleyHyga's Opening post + Criticism and Planning

http://www.docdroid.net/BKo8JUS/cel...nning.docx.html

Supermutant's Opening Post + Criticism and Planning

http://www.docdroid.net/UkC1ANw/sup...nning.docx.html

Verdict Based on Opening Posts

http://docdro.id/SXBvlmj

First Posts

CeleyHyga's 1st Post + Criticism and Planning

http://docdro.id/iR5tbyv

Supermutant's 1st Post + Criticism and Planning

http://docdro.id/mVJTt9d

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Verdict

So I’d like to say sorry if this judgement isn’t long enough. I was planning to make it longer but Leo reminded me that you have been waiting a long time. So here it is.

==================================================

I think Celey has my vote. And it’s mainly to do with certain problems with what Supermutant has posted. There are many things that could turn the BZ in his favour if they were 100% true along with power levels being consistent to Nova Prime’s power level. For example.

• Monica’s supposed shattering of a Planetoid sized forcefield.

When in fact she deliberately targeted one ship so that others would fall apart and be destroyed much like a game of Jenga.

• Breaking out of a forcefield that resisted Wakandan tech (while weakened).

A couple of problems here, one as we see she wasn’t that weakened due to her being drained slowly. And she again found a specific area that it was weakened in to destroy it.

• Showing examples of phasing through enemies who are not on Nova Prime’s levels.

For the most part barring perhaps one character. All the cases shown by Supermutant that Monica phased through someone doesn’t have much of a comparison with Nova’s power level. If it was to present the fact and prove she could actually do it then I would grant these scans. But these are being used to show she could use them against Nova Prime, and I don’t think it stands as a proper argument considering not many of them people Monica phased through are close to Nova.

• Using the blast from the Babel Spire and implying Monica could find the energy type and replicate that is also unlikely.

There are certain levels that would need to be proven that Monica could reach. This hasn’t yet been shown.

• Using an extremely strong character like Annihilus to prove your argument on energy draining.

The problem is like has been mentioned that Annihilus was so powerful at that point in time that it could work on many characters. And it’s again a case where Monica isn't on a level of the mentioned character.

There is a lot that I could mention here but Leo mentioned I should try to make it short.

(since my original verdict when I finished it ended up coming to 11745 words)

==================================================

If some of the things I mentioned above were fully true. That Monica could break a Planetoid sized forcefield and if she phased through people more than once of people more on Nova Prime’s level then I think with the combination of her ability to manoeuvre at no change to her speed then she might be able to take this battle.

Whereas I believe that Celey has shown enough evidence in most cases to back up his claim that proves his superiority to Monica. Like for example while Monica may be faster. She only has her mind to access and plan out tactics. Whereas Richie has his mind plugged in to a Supercomputer that will likely be working at speeds similar to Monica’s. So even if she was faster she isn’t going to calculating faster. Reacting at faster speeds. Planning where Richie is going to appear. Whereas Richie has all of this going for him. While Richie has feats going for him that show abilities to absorb the energies of extremely powerful beings and something like the Deathstorm. Shields that have tanked blasts from very powerful beings and that isn’t just a case of being overzealous and saying “this character is super powerful because my character resisted it” it’s just there for proof that he can do it.

Then we essentially have the ice on the cake when we see that the Worldmind can analyse histories of characters. Which could be used to flood her mind with memories of the Leviathan (much like how Iron Man once used CLOC to destabilise Sentry.

To put this as shortly as I can,

I do think Supermutant could have very well one this BZ. But the problem is a lot of the points made didn’t stand up to a Nova Prime that Celey was proposing. And I find a lot of it was based on hypothetic. A lot of things were assumed and weren’t completely backed up. I just feel when it comes to evidence overall that Celey’s posts were a lot more backed up and displayed a lot more “meat” so to speak for me to examine and decide if it was worthy proof. You may have an edge in speed when it comes to close quarters combat but it doesn’t mean just because you outshine Nova Prime in one category that it gives you a win. You have a lot more to contend with than that.

So my verdict is a victory to Celey. Although Supermutant could have made it a lot closer (and could’ve won) if he had upped his evidence and explanation a bit more).

links:

http://www.docdroid.net/BKo8JUS/cel...nning.docx.html

http://www.docdroid.net/UkC1ANw/sup...nning.docx.html

http://www.docdroid.net/iR5tbyv/cel...nning.docx.html

http://www.docdroid.net/mVJTt9d/sup...nning.docx.html

one of the links (the verdict one) was broken...

Old Post Aug 15th, 2015 12:14 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote:

Blair Wind wrote on Aug 11th, 2015 09:58 PM:
I'm going to be blunt: I probably would have voted for Supermutant if he had stayed. The real discussion was always shield vs energy form - could Monica get past it or not? I'm inclined to say yes more often than not. And if the only attack that Celey had was energy absorbing, considering Rich's both high and low feats and taking a middle, I'd side with Monica being able to resist it more often than not.

However, the TP + Stargate combo was left unanswered and is highly effective IMO. Richie isn't faster, but fast enough to react to the situation and simply had more options going for him (in the debate. I think Monica's powerset is more versatile, but that's another topics).

Vote Celey.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2015 12:15 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote:

deathslash wrote on Aug 11th, 2015 11:55 AM:
Sorry about it taking a while to get back to you. I was out of town visiting some relatives. I'd be more than happy to explain why I voted for Nova. He has multiple ways to take her down (gravity pulses, energy absorption, gravity bubbles), at the start of the fight, his shields are up, world mind is calculating and helping him scan for her energy signature, and he has no problem absorbing varied forms of energy. It's debatable whether or not she'll manage to bypass nova's shield since it's not the average type of energy shield and since she has had trouble with more exotic shields in the past. While it's true that she's managed to shift her energy frequency in order to avoid being drained, Nova can simply scan again to see what energy frequency she's turned into and he can also use gravimetric pulses on her. He's no slouch in the speed department either. This battle will undeniably take quite some time, but I think that Nova will be left standing more often than not.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2015 12:16 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

sooooo....congrats to celey for the unanimous victory, and thanks to teh judges for chiming in and giving your thoughts. celey has earned himself a shot at the low herald title, should he wish to exercise said option at a some future time. smile

****i didn't think i could just copy and paste scot's links, hence the reposting of the links. turns out the copy/paste worked just fine....

here is scot's broken link:

http://www.docdroid.net/yj3b4fa/ver...posts.docx.html

i think we can all acknowledge that scot has taking judging to the next level. no expression

Last edited by leonidas on Aug 15th, 2015 at 12:20 AM

Old Post Aug 15th, 2015 12:17 AM
One_Angry_Scot
----

sooooo....congrats to celey for the unanimous victory, and thanks to teh judges for chiming in and giving your thoughts. celey has earned himself a shot at the low herald title, should he wish to exercise said option at a some future time. smile

****i didn't think i could just copy and paste scot's links, hence the reposting of the links. turns out the copy/paste worked just fine....

here is scot's broken link:

http://www.docdroid.net/yj3b4fa/ver...posts.docx.html

i think we can all acknowledge that scot has taking judging to the next level. no expression

laughing out loud

I was really happy to be considered for it. I may have gone a bit indepth but I will try and not to go so far into it I guess.

Last edited by One_Angry_Scot on Aug 15th, 2015 at 12:28 AM

Old Post Aug 15th, 2015 12:26 AM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

laughing out loud better too much my friend. thumb up

Old Post Aug 15th, 2015 12:29 AM
LordofBrooklyn

sooooo....congrats to LordofBrooklyn for providing the brilliant template that led to the unanimous victory, and thanks to teh judges for chiming in and giving your thoughts. celey has earned himself a shot at the low herald title, should he wish to exercise said option at a some future time. smile

You're welcome, Celey!

Old Post Aug 15th, 2015 04:31 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
You're welcome, Celey!

Thanks bro. You really are the true ruler of the House of El. Never let anyone tell you different..
wink

Btw thank you judges for your time. And wow. One_Angry_Scott's ruling was a battlezone unto itself. stick out tongue

thumb up

Last edited by celeyhyga17 on Aug 15th, 2015 at 11:38 AM

Old Post Aug 15th, 2015 11:34 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
You're welcome, Celey!

i stand suitably chastised.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2015 01:52 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

i stand suitably chastised.

I can't fraternize with the enemy. That will be you in the near future. Pretty soon I have to plan out our low herald bz. Sorry brotha...

stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 15th, 2015 03:22 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

you're dead to me.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2015 05:35 PM