KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Malgus vs Darth Vader vs Darth Maul

Darth Malgus vs Darth Vader vs Darth Maul
Started by: AncientPower

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AncientPower
The Chosen One

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ILS
Pretty sure those are just gameplay mechanics.

Scripted event actually, being able to keep the Republic/Empire's two most powerful protags in their prime; in a choke hold whilst focusing down another is a huge TK feat.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 01:46 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
There is no such thing as permanent Oneness, besides death I guess, and even if it were, Malgus would still be inferior to Vader, if he's constantly one with the Force and is still below him.

quote:
He resided in the calm eye of a storm of hate. Power churned around him, within him. He did not feel as if he were drawing on the Force, using it. He felt as if he were the Force, as if he had merged with it.

He had evolved. Nothing split his loyalties any longer. He served the Force and only the Force, and his understanding of it increased daily.
-Decieved

Darth Malgus disagrees with you.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 02:09 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nai
Advocatus Diaboli

Originally posted by AncientPower
His being one with the Dark Side of the Force, the darkest being Satele had ever faced in his weakest incarnation way back at the onset of the Great War and more is also pretty indicative of massive Dark Side prowess.

I wonder, how this is much of a feat, given that Malgus was one of the first and only "dark beings" that Satele has seen in her career at that particular point, with the other being the former master of Malgus.

quote:

Darth Malgus disagrees with you.

So him feeling like being one with the Force does mean he is one with the Force? I doubt it.

"Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains?"

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 02:17 AM
Click here to Send Nai a Private Message Find more posts by Nai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

I'm really glad Darth Malgus' opinion can override everything else we know about a concept.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 02:17 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Telekinesis:

Lifts and throws several tons of duracrete despite being severely injured:

quote:
Malgus stood in a pocket under a mountain of rubble, legs bent, the power from his upraised hands preventing several tons of duracrete and steel from crushing him. Dust made his already troubled breathing more difficult. He coughed as the words of his father echoed in his mind.

He'd been sloppy, so lost in his need for revenge that he'd failed to properly evaluate the Jedi's power. He'd surrendered his reason to bloodlust. But no more. With an effort of will, he contained his anger, controlled it, made it a whetstone against which he sharpened his power. Using the Force, he blew the rubble up and away from him. It fell with a crash into the adjacent buildings. A Force-augmented leap carried him out and over the heap. The Jedi's eyes widened as Malgus hit the street. Malgus sneered and charged.

Source: The Third Lesson

Launches a boulder from the mountain side and mentally rolls it twenty paces:

quote:
Enraged by such cowardice, I hurled a boulder from the mountainside onto the path in front of us. I then slowly rolled it twenty paces ahead of our own progress, using focused mental energy channeled through the dark side.

Source: Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side

Malgus unleashes a wave of unfocused telekinetic energy that sends every person and bed in a packed hospital in the opposite direction, and blasts the doors off of their hinges:

quote:
When the crowd did not respond to his demand, he slammed a fist into his palm and let anger-fueled power explode outward from his body. Screams sounded as the blast shoved everything away from him in all directions.

Bodies flew backward, slammed into one another, into the walls, against and through windows. The transport he’d rode on lurched from the blast. The doors of the medical facility flew from their mounts and crashed to the ground.

Source: Deceived

Force Choke:

Malgus whilst heavily injured pulls a Jedi out of his Force concealment, carries him through the air and crushes his windpipe:

quote:
At the same time, he reached out with the Force for the hidden light-side user, brushed aside the resistance he felt, and pulled the Jedi out of hiding.

A human male in his twenties rose up out of ruins, dangling like a fish on the hook of Malgus's power. His legs kicked futilely; the green blade of his lightsaber cut at empty air; he gagged as Malgus's power squeezed shut his throat.

"Vorin!" shouted the Zabrak.

"So much for your ambush," Malgus said, and closed his fist, crushing Vorin's windpipe. He let the body fall to the charred earth.

Source: The Third Lesson

Malgus forces the Imperial Strike Team to their knees with Force Lightning:

(please log in to view the image)

Malgus Force Leaps at the Strike Team and telekinetically hurls them:

Malgus Force Chokes the Strike Team:

Malgus is more than powerful enough to contend with Vader.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 02:31 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by Nai
I wonder, how this is much of a feat, given that Malgus was one of the first and only "dark beings" that Satele has seen in her career at that particular point, with the other being the former master of Malgus.

So him feeling like being one with the Force does mean he is one with the Force? I doubt it.
smile

She had also encountered Darth Baras and Darth Mekhi's at the time iirc. That was also way before his prime.

Vader wins though, he outskills Malgus and is more powerful assuming this is ROTJ Legends Vader

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 02:36 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Originally posted by Nai

This is Satele's POV from the Cold War stage, after the treaty, meaning even Veradun as of Return is a more dangerous dark sider than anyone Satele has met since:

quote:
"There in the hangars I encountered the most dangerous embodiment of the dark side I have ever experienced-the man who would later be known as Darth Malgus."

Source: The Journal of Master Gnost-Dural

Originally posted by Nai

He has no reason at all to be hyperbolic, furthermore it isn't even character pov, it's a narrative description of how he felt.

Last edited by AncientPower on Jul 27th, 2015 at 02:39 AM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 02:37 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

It's kind of an odd definition of oneness to be fair

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 02:38 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

I think whether he truly achieved Oneness or not isn't really that important since he certainly grew in power.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 02:40 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Yep, that his understanding of the Force increased daily is an indication that Force Maelstrom was indeed a prime feat he achieved after this growth.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 02:45 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sinious
Really? Malgus is a TK beast no doubt but I'd say Vader is superior due to the raw power he displays and how consistent and plenty his TK feats are.
I was comparing Malgus and Maul.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 10:44 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

My issue with Malgus is that his telekinetic feats during Deceived and prior aren't really out of Maul's paygrade, and during SWTOR his feats amount to pushing an unprepared strike team, and then choking them in a "scripted event" - which should really be taken with a bigger grain of salt than it currently is, considering it's, again, a gameplay mechanic, and happens several times throughout the fight.

The best option is probably taking his Deceived feats and prior and justifying how much he improved by during the timeskip to False Emperor. Otherwise? I'm not putting Force pushing people who for whatever reason weren't defending themselves over Maul or any other relatively powerful telekinetic.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 10:48 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

He increased drastically in power really.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 12:24 PM