KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Nova Prime & Gladiator vs. Spectrum & Blue Marvel

Nova Prime & Gladiator vs. Spectrum & Blue Marvel
Started by: byrdgang21

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
byrdgang21
byrd's da word

Nova Prime & Gladiator vs. Spectrum & Blue Marvel

Who wins?

Old Post Jul 26th, 2015 03:49 PM
byrdgang21 is currently offline Click here to Send byrdgang21 a Private Message Find more posts by byrdgang21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Team 1 in a decent fight. I think Glads outclasses them a bit physically, and can keep them occupied, but its gonna take Nova to actually put down Monica.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2015 07:40 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Team 1 in a decent fight. I think Glads outclasses them a bit physically, and can keep them occupied, but its gonna take Nova to actually put down Monica.

A competent Spectrum can take out Nova Prime, but its easier for her to just change into that radiation that Glads is very weak against. And let BM handle Nova Prime.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 05:33 AM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Lol. Team 1 has years of feats that put them solidly above team 2. Nova has energy manip and can shield. Glads is faster than both. And BM has only done 3 things of any note. He is not ready to be put up against people like Glads,SS, Thor. He is super overhyped on this site from what I have seen.

He lifted a comet the size of arkansas, Gladiator ripped or crushed a star in half. He did ok against a weak Sentry, and a weak shuma gorath.

Spectrum goes as fast as light, Glads could still blitz her. Someone show me a scan of her instantly finding an opponents weakness while he is beating her partners teeth in and turning into that radiation.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 11:04 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

I dont want to sound like a hater either, I like BM an Spectrum. But retconned in or not, they just dont have enough feats to contend. But on the flipbside, since they are new and flavor of the month, they also have very few low showings.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 11:07 AM
Supermutant

lol if you think Spectrum can only go fast as light you really need to read up on her. And Spectrum has routinely change from one energy form to next, w/out any problems besides the fact that Gladiator wouldn't be able to do anything to her intangible form. Nova can't trapped an intangible being that can change wavelengths. And Monica has been around as long as Gladiator and has many more appearance than Richard as Nova Prime.

Also Spectrum has received a power upgrade on top of ftl speed, ability to turn into any energy including magic, phasing, energy absorption, duplication, size manipulation, etc. Anyway I'm currently in a bz with Spectrum vs Nova Prime so I'll continue to take my arguments over there.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t615282.html

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 12:23 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

I dont want to sound like a hater either, I like BM an Spectrum. But retconned in or not, they just dont have enough feats to contend. But on the flipbside, since they are new and flavor of the month, they also have very few low showings.

It's not a weight lifting contest, feasts and history aren't the deciding factor. I can't think of a single way Monica can be dealt with, so team II.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 12:33 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

I will be honest, I havent kept up on Spectrum past couple months. I figured Nova could do it pretty easily. And I never made it a weight lifting contest and actual feats are one of thebdeciding factors.

I will concede I need to go check her respect thread and learn some.

Glads would steamroll Blue Marvel. And I really like Adam because were both named Adam and were both U.S. Marines.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 05:02 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

I will be honest, I havent kept up on Spectrum past couple months. I figured Nova could do it pretty easily. And I never made it a weight lifting contest and actual feats are one of thebdeciding factors.

I will concede I need to go check her respect thread and learn some.

Glads would steamroll Blue Marvel. And I really like Adam because were both named Adam and were both U.S. Marines.

Gladiator is never doing anything of the sort.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 05:04 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Why? Because Blue Marvel somewhat stalemated a weak Sentry? Gladiator is stronger, faster, and more vicious imo. There is not one single showing of BM that is not completely dwarfed by Glads. I just read his entire respect thread. Adam Brashear is a badass and I enjoy him as a new character. And I hope to see more of him. But Gladiator will beat him.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 05:19 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

Why? Because Blue Marvel somewhat stalemated a weak Sentry? Gladiator is stronger, faster, and more vicious imo. There is not one single showing of BM that is not completely dwarfed by Glads. I just read his entire respect thread. Adam Brashear is a badass and I enjoy him as a new character. And I hope to see more of him. But Gladiator will beat him.

All I am saying is I think you are overdoing it when you say he steamrolls him. That's all.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 05:23 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Glads solos this.

Adam just hasn't done anything since his impressive intro and Monica is tough but Glads is out of her weight class.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 05:34 PM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Spectrum is out of her league here imo..

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 05:44 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
All I am saying is I think you are overdoing it when you say he steamrolls him. That's all.

Maybe Im exaggerating, but I think Glads takes a heavy majority

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 06:40 PM
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is King Hyperion, Anti-man and Pagan weak?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 08:47 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Glads solos this.

Adam just hasn't done anything since his impressive intro and Monica is tough but Glads is out of her weight class.

Lol how does that invalidate his prior feats? Has anyone even proven that Blue Marvel wasn't as powerful as Anti-Man?

Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Is King Hyperion, Anti-man and Pagan weak?

Exactly, Pagan was able to overpower Thor in a direct contest of strength, and striking power. Strong evidence supports that Blue Marvel defeated Pagan one on one. If not I guess we should also invalidate his lifting feats, since we didn't actually see him land, and safely place the pyramid, and the state sized asteroid that he casually flew around with. On the other hand, we should believe that Gladiator would be more than an afterthought to Adam, considering his terrible record against a weak version of Thor in Eric Masterson, his inability to pummel the mess out of Black bolt, who has yet to show that he could physically (H2H) go to toe toe with either the Sentry, or Anti-Man.

Is there any evidence to show that Anti-Man was actually somehow different than Blue Marvel in terms of power, and strength level? I just think that it's pretty ignorant to attempt to dismiss anything that BM did on panel. He still has yet to suffer from anything that any other high herald would have suffered from. In close BM is a monster when he stops holding back.

Lol at the concept that BM is slow. Ridiculous, when we consider that he was able to floor King Hyperion who happens to operate at Gladiator or better levels of speed.

Last edited by Stoic on Jul 27th, 2015 at 10:30 PM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 10:16 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

BM solo's Believe it. Monica rips Richie up, on every level. Lets not kid ourselves. We would need to see her energy manip skills compared to Prime's, because i could have sworn, that a weaker Monica than the current one that was augmented by BM, was pretty darn good and energy manipulation. Team 2 wreck them without a doubt.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 10:25 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Really good points Stoic. Team two takes this.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 10:32 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by deathslash
Really good points Stoic. Team two takes this.

Thanks brother. Evidence isn't lying this time.

thumb up

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 11:06 PM
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Stoic
Thanks brother. Evidence isn't lying this time.

thumb up

Just call me chopped liver. stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 11:39 PM