KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » DBZ: 10 years later sequence...

DBZ: 10 years later sequence...
Started by: john allerdyce

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
john allerdyce
Whore!

DBZ: 10 years later sequence...

Do you think the 10 years later sequence at the end of DBZ featuring Uub will stay as is, or do you think it will be retconned in light of the new movies and TV series?

I only ask because it seems like Kid Buu level power has become almost entirely irrelevant these days.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 10:09 PM
john allerdyce is currently offline Click here to Send john allerdyce a Private Message Find more posts by john allerdyce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

May as well be retconned by this point. Shame in Uub's case though.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 10:20 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

It'll probably be retconed unfortunately.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 10:38 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BeyonderGod

Uub will be Beerus Level very soon.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 10:54 PM
BeyonderGod is currently offline Click here to Send BeyonderGod a Private Message Find more posts by BeyonderGod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

You can look at it a few ways...

a.) It will be retconned and/or ignored. As you said: Boo-level power is entirely inconsequential at this point. Goku can stomp any version of Boo in his base level now.

b.) They can go the Freeza route with Oob. What I mean is: Freeza had never trained a day in his life, yet was still one of the top powers in the DBU. So when Freeza actually did train(for the first time ever), he was able to achieve inconceivable gains in a matter of a few months. Maybe Oob might be capable of a similar power-to-training ratio..? After all, the kid had never received any training whatsoever, yet contended decently against base Goku when he got pissed--which means his power is ridiculously massive(especially when we consider that he was technically fighting post-BoG/RoF Goku there.) That said, perhaps if he received formal training from Goku we'd see the same sort of exponential power-increases we saw with Freeza..? It's a long shot, I know, but I'm still holding onto a shred of hope that Oob will stay relevant. smile

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 27th, 2015 at 11:31 PM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 11:23 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

I see the same thing that happened to Gohan happening to Uub.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2015 11:59 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

sad

Old Post Jul 28th, 2015 01:39 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Re: DBZ: 10 years later sequence...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by john allerdyce
Do you think the 10 years later sequence at the end of DBZ featuring Uub will stay as is, or do you think it will be retconned in light of the new movies and TV series?

I only ask because it seems like Kid Buu level power has become almost entirely irrelevant these days.

Stay as it is.. Uub trains/gets an upgrade. Maybe we get s version of GT Majuub.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2015 02:05 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

So, think we'll ever see GT elements

The DBZ games put GT as an alternate universe, didn't they? And Toriyama opened the door on alternate universes. Imagine an Earth 1 Superman meeting Earth 2 Superman kind of story.. SSJ4 Saiyans vs SSJ Gods.

(The movies are confirmed alt universes, aren't they? Fully expecting a Legendary SSJ that surpasses gods in the future smile )

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2015 02:16 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by cdtm
So, think we'll ever see GT elements
Yes. The basic plot of GT was Goku and friends going off into space to find the Ultimate Dragon Balls. Toriyama has already confirmed that after Super readapts BoG and RoF, the storyline will shift to Goku and friends going into a new universe to find the "Super" Dragon Balls. That alone is a pretty glaring similarity.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2015 02:32 AM
cdtm

Originally posted by Galan007
Yes. The basic plot of GT was Goku and friends going off into space to find the Ultimate Dragon Balls. Toriyama has already confirmed that after Super readapts BoG and RoF, the storyline will shift to Goku and friends going into a new universe to find the "Super" Dragon Balls. That alone is a pretty glaring similarity.

Interesting!

Not proof that GT is canon in full, but it does sound like Toriyama is at least taking concepts he liked from GT..

Old Post Jul 28th, 2015 02:55 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Interesting!

Not proof that GT is canon in full, but it does sound like Toriyama is at least taking concepts he liked from GT..
While Toriyama didn't write the story for GT, we do know that he gave a stamp of approval to some of the basic elements of the storyline. So he is aware(or at least was aware at the time) of concepts like Goku being wished back into a kid, the Z Fighters venturing into space, etc.

So it is entirely possible that he could include even more elements from GT into Super... Or he might not. The field is completely open for him to do pretty much whatever he wants at this point.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 28th, 2015 at 03:48 AM

Old Post Jul 28th, 2015 03:43 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

I want to believe Toriyama didn't approve of some random alien in the middle of nowhere being as strong as Buu. Why would the Kais ever bother trying to stop Buu if they can find aliens who surpass him?

Old Post Jul 28th, 2015 03:45 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
john allerdyce
Whore!

i'm just worried that DBS will try to pack too much into the 10 year gap between the buu saga and end of Z.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2015 03:47 AM
john allerdyce is currently offline Click here to Send john allerdyce a Private Message Find more posts by john allerdyce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by AuraAngel
I want to believe Toriyama didn't approve of some random alien in the middle of nowhere being as strong as Buu. Why would the Kais ever bother trying to stop Buu if they can find aliens who surpass him?

The same way they acted so shocked at Saiyan's power levels.

The Kaio-Shins were portrayed as out of touch with the lower worlds, to say the least.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2015 04:04 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, he was only aware of a few key concepts from GT when it was first getting started. I doubt he was given any info regarding the potential threats Goku would face. stick out tongue

Aside from that, the Kaioshin/Kibito obviously paid very little attention to the mortal sphere prior to the Boo saga. After all, the guy had no idea that Saiyans were capable of generating such power. He also had a very limited comprehension of the friggin God of Destruction, even though he[Beerus] was roaming around the universe 39 years prior... But somehow he knew of Freeza? Lol.

Out of touch is right.

Originally posted by john allerdyce
i'm just worried that DBS will try to pack too much into the 10 year gap between the buu saga and end of Z.
For a point of comparison: there were around 12 years between the start of the Saiyan saga, and the end of the Boo saga... And that's counting the 7 year lapse between the Cell and Boo sagas(wherein nothing of note happened.) I mean, there were less than 2 months(in-universe time) between Vegeta/Nappa first landing on Earth, and Goku defeating Freeza as a Super Saiyan... Hell, the entire Boo saga took place over a span of 2 days, lol.

Suffice to say: Toriyama can do a lot with 10 years of in-universe time. You needn't worry about him overdoing it here. wink

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 28th, 2015 at 04:21 AM

Old Post Jul 28th, 2015 04:07 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Originally posted by Galan007
Yeah, he was only aware of a few key concepts from GT when it was first getting started. I doubt he was given any info regarding the potential threats Goku would face. stick out tongue

Aside from that, the Kaioshin/Kibito obviously paid very little attention to the mortal sphere prior to the Boo saga. After all, the guy had no idea that Saiyans were capable of generating such power. He also had a very limited comprehension of the friggin God of Destruction, even though he[Beerus] was roaming around the universe 39 years prior... But somehow he knew of Freeza? Lol.

Good. GT had a few neat ideas I guess but man did they need to fix that writing something fierce.

Well for most of his life the Saiyans have been less than impressive. Deadly sure but nothing to write home about. Freeza could destroy planets and Super seems to imply that the Kaioshin see it when it happens. Idk why he knows so little about Beerus though. Maybe the 39 years is in their time and it was really like 39 million years.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2015 04:51 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I want to believe Toriyama didn't approve of some random alien in the middle of nowhere being as strong as Buu.

On the other hand, I could totally believe Toriyama approved Vegeta's ridiculous SSJ4 look, because of how much he hates the character. smile

Old Post Jul 28th, 2015 05:01 AM
Bentley
Seitei

On the other hand, I could totally believe Toriyama approved Vegeta's ridiculous SSJ4 look, because of how much he hates the character. smile

Toriyama doesn't hate Vegeta, he just sticks to the same lame personality and weakness that defined the character and made it succesful. It's the fans that blindly want Vegeta to stop sucking, that would be against the whole point of the character thumb up

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jul 28th, 2015 05:14 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Indeed. Vegeta is Toriyama's greatest character in terms of development.

Vegeta was for a long time a terrible person. He turned good-ish but when Goku made his dick feel tiny he went out of his way to kill innocent people. Why should Toriyama reward him for anything?

Old Post Jul 28th, 2015 05:20 AM