KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » X-Men Martial Artists

X-Men Martial Artists
Started by: StiltmanFTW

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

X-Men Martial Artists

Plenty of X-Men had extensive MA training. Let's say you had to pick TOP10 as your personal bodyguards, who would they be?

No powers allowed. Just skill.

Imagine that someone like Karate Kid is coming after you, so choose wisely.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2015 11:28 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

Feels like 10 is a bit too much but i am thinking...cyclops/wolverine/psylocke/fantom x/domino/storm/gambit/nightcrawler...not sure who else i would pick

Old Post Jul 29th, 2015 06:01 AM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Kitty Pryde and X-23, I'd suggest.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2015 08:40 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

Good choices...I can't believe I didn't think of x-23, very disappointed in myself...kitty i didn't think she was well trained in martial arts

Old Post Jul 29th, 2015 03:49 PM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

She was. Thanks to Wolverine and, more importantly, Ogun.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2015 05:29 PM
Shadow_King
-

Who would you chose for your top 10 bodyguards??

Old Post Jul 29th, 2015 08:32 PM
StyleTime

I know powers are off, but would bullet timers like Psylocke or Deadpool(if he counts) still be bullet timers for the thread?

Old Post Jul 29th, 2015 10:48 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Shadow_King
Who would you chose for your top 10 bodyguards??

• Wolverine
  • Psylocke
  • Kitty Pryde
  • Storm
  • X-23
  • Cable
  • Bishop
  • Sabretooth (if we can count him)
  • Deadpool (same problem as with Sabes)
  • Revanche, maybe?

No particular order.

I feel that X-Women are generally more skilled than X-Men, at least if we talk about the main squads.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StyleTime
I know powers are off, but would bullet timers like Psylocke or Deadpool(if he counts) still be bullet timers for the thread?

I'd say yes, but then again... their powers might play a factor here and there. Betsy can amp herself with teke, Wade has that stats-enhancing healing factor... it's just hard to detect whenever their powers are helping them, kinda similar with Domino's luck powers or Iron Fist's chi.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2015 11:57 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

1. Wolverine
2. Psylocke
3. X-23
4. Cable
5. Deadpool
6. Sabretooth
7. Kitty
8. Mystique
9. Gambit
10. Cyclops

Though without powers I wouldn't give them even 1 win against KK.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2015 03:59 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Good list, Prof thumb up

Psylocke after her Ogun training was argued to be superior to Wolverine on KMC back in the day. But we've seen the new U-Men infiltrating Utopia with their nanobots and picking Wolverine's fighting skills as the best. Other than that, Betsy had a not-so-good showing against Daredevil in AvX. So yeah, Logan #1, Betsy #2.

Completely forgot about Mystique. Great choice.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2015 04:24 PM
HulkIsHulk

Any group with X Men Ma's would have Wolverine in them. And Stilt, I like your list but Sabes is the odd one out. While he's got decent MA skills his mentality is not suited to such fights

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2015 06:19 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Yeah, it's not really a job for Tooth and he's not known for playing well with others.

Let's turn CIS/CIP off for the purpose of this thread, though.

Storm can be a pretty damn good fighter when she's not relying on her powers, btw.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2015 05:43 PM